Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe

Contact 412-408-3907

207 Commercial Ave, Aspinwall, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15215

2nd location of this vegan organic cafe, opened Dec 2014 northeast of Pittsburgh. Serves wraps (grilled veggies, BBQ seitan, sausage, hummus, taco tofu, and chickenless), grain and bean burgers, plus salads and fruit smoothies. Located in a converted house. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by luvs2EAT

Fantastic Experience - Edit

Went here for date night with my boyfriend, and we were blown away with how wonderful it was. The atmosphere is beautiful, and we were there when one of the employees was playing guitar. He was fantastic and took requests. The waitress we had was incredibly friendly and made us feel quite spoiled.

The food was fantastic. The dinner specials tend to change , so we got two different options and enjoyed them both. We also tried their desserts. The coconut cream pie is close to the best I've ever had!

One of the best experiences I've had eating out in ages. Highly recommend.

Pros: Beautiful vibe, Great staff, Delicious food

Cons: pricey for a poor college student

Wonderful Gem in Beautiful Area - Edit

In researching vegan restaurants for a business trip to Pittsburgh, Randita's came to my attention. I am very thankful that it did, the food is full of flavor and very well suited to those who are looking for vegan alternatives to replace traditional fare. I had the vegan spicy sausage wrap with grilled onions and peppers and the coconut cream pie for dessert. The delicious herbal teas are made in house and everything is organic. I will definitely be back at every opportunity. The Aspinwall area is also very beautiful.

TOP VEGAN CUISINE IN THE USA!!! - Edit

This place is simply and utterly magic. SO much love goes into their cooking, their ambiance, their personality!!! Hands down the best Vegan restaurant we've eaten at in the last year, travelling on average 2 weeks out of the month, in over 20 US states!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Pros: Taste, BYOB, Freshness

Cons: None!!

leave your non-vegan friends at home - Edit

I'm originally from the same area as this restaurant, so I'll start by saying that I'm thrilled that a vegan joint exists in Aspinwall.
But...being from this area, when i order a hoagie i have an expectation of the bounty I'm about to receive.
Unfortunately what i had for lunch fell way short of a hoagie.
Meatball sub was uninspired meatballs on a hot dog bun. Mushy and gummy are not qualities i seek in a meatball.
The server, Liz, was friendly enough and the food came out at what you'd expect for lunchtime speed. She even up-sold me into a peanut stew. It's something my mom would love, but it's not for me.
The potato salad - i don't like potato salad - was the star of lunch, so yeah.
This place is fine.
If you're vegan - i am - and you're into food that is "vegan food," then you may enjoy this place.
It's just not anywhere I'd bring a non-vegan friend.
i want the food i used to enjoy in Pittsburgh as a non-vegan made vegan

Pros: vegan and organic

Cons: doesn't veganize local classics

great food, great atmosphere - Edit

This place was very beautiful inside! The owners are really nice, the food is really good. It is very pricy, but the whole experience is worth it. Everyone in our group ordered different items from the menu, and we liked everything. I especially liked the peanut butter and chocolate pie!

Pros: GREAT food, nice people , super nice ambiance

one of best vegan restaurants ever! - Edit

Delicious! All three of us loved our dishes! Best warm tofu salad with homemade dressing! Amazing selection of herbal iced teas which is rare even at veg restaurants! Great service. Warm atmosphere!

Food selections to please everyone! - Edit

Amazing, delicious vegan food in a chill atmosphere!! African Peanut soup was decadent, as was the Reuben sandwich and awesome mixed green salad. Lemon tahini dressing = amazeballs. There are lots of veganized "American standards" so you can bring the whole family. We can't wait to go back!!!

How truly wonderful - Edit

My wife, sister and I were driving through the Pittsburgh area and stopped at a rest area. I looked up vegan restaurants on the Happy Cow app and it said Randita's was like 5.7 miles away. OK so it was as the crow flies. That was from the last exit. We had to drive 21.7 miles to get there. But, oh how it was worth it. I called ahead and asked if they were open and wheelchair accessible. The hostess said "absolutely Darling, but that you would have to come around back. She said to call her when we got close and she was there when we pulled up. The ramp up back was beautiful and the bathroom was perfectly accessible. It was close to closing and we were the only ones there on a Thursday night, but we were treated like royalty. My sister, an adult with Down syndrome, was treated with care, compassion and full attention, and she ate it (the attention) up. She also ate up the African sweet potato soup with peanuts, ginger and cilantro; a wonderful taco salad; and a terrific veggie burger. My wife and I had the same starters but had different entrees. One was a BBQ wrap and the other a veggie wrap. Both were excellent. We had a chocolate peanut butter pie pie for dessert and I made the mistake of only ordering two pieces because we were close to full (should have ordered four). They had other items for dessert on the menu, but our second choice was done for the night and I have no idea why any of our pie was still there. They evidently have music on certain nights and nice artwork all around. The place is clean and cozy and it felt like a place that, if I were local, I would make into a second home. I at least know that I will make it a regular stop when driving through the area. The Owner stopped in for a little while so we got to chat with her as well as the hostess. All I can say it was a great experience and the quality of the food was outstanding. I want to thank the hostess especially for how special she made my sister feel. She loved it too! Unfortunately, she has since passed away, but thank you Randita's for being so wonderful! We look forward to seeing you again.

Pros: Nice preparation & wonderful seasonings, Great inside and our - warm & inviting, truly wonderful staff

Cons: not in the Chicago area where we live, we don't live nearby

Very Nice Vegan! - Edit

Another great find from the Happy Cow app. In the eastern suburbs near Fox Chapel, they serve mostly lunch fare. Only Saturday evening are they open for dinner with larger entrees. Weekdays they close at 7:00pm and offer samdwiches, salads and a couple of appetizers. The food was very good-- I had the taco salad with tofu and an appetizer, which left just enough room for coconut custard pie. Wish I could have tried the Saturday night dinner specials, but I was only in Pittsburgh during the week. The atmosphere was very pleasant: clean, comfortable, casual. Service was excellent, friendly and helpful. Good prices and portions.

Pros: tasty food, great service, pleasant environment

Cons: dinner only on Saturday , located a bit out of the way

A true Vegan GEM! - Edit

I had been waiting for Randita's Vegan Cafe to open since summer. It was WELL WORTH THE WAIT. My family and I had dinner there a few weeks ago and I was excited from the moment we went in. The decor was beautiful, contemporary and fresh (like something out of New York). The service was outstanding and personable. The food was outstanding. The prices were reasonable and someone even played the guitar in a soft, soothing manner as we ate. It was well worth my drive from the South Hills and I think we will make this restaurant a frequent GO TO. Randita's is truly a GEM. Have to say, LOVED IT!

Pros: Wonderful vegan food, Wonderful service, Great atmosphere

Cons: NONE

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.