Rainbow's End Cafe

Contact 702-737-1338

1100 E Sahara Ave Ste 120, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89104

Simple cafe inside a natural food store, fully vegan since 2016. Has soup, salad, raw food, sandwich, tea, fresh juices, and smoothies. Located east of Las Vegas strip. Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by archure

Saw this on happycow - Edit

On a past trip to Las Vegas for a tea convention I researched happycow and found this health food store listing. The cafe is inside the store. It seemed basic with a simple, healthy food menu. I had a eggless egg salad sandwich and a fresh juice. Inexpensive and tasty.

You'll find Vegan Gold at Rainbow's End - Edit

This place is a natural grocery store with a vegan/vegetarian cafe inside. They offer packaged and prepared foods in a deli cooler and supplements. There is music that adds to the relaxed hippy atmoshphere. I tried the raw brownie and raw kale salad that were both good.

Pros: Good variety, Hippy atmosphere

SO MUCH STUFF - Edit

Friendly staff, huge amount of vegan supplies, great cafe. It's in a weird neighborhood and it's a smallish store, but it's fantastic.

Pros: Great staff, Lots to choose from, delicious food

Cons: odd location

Little Gem - Edit

I love Rainbow's End. It's a great place to grab a healthy lunch, I work in a spa on the Strip and have my co-workers hooked on the Green Goodess. It's the best sandwich in my opinion.
I love the store, I have found several hard to find items.
I love the fact the store has been around for so long and is still going, I love the friendly staff!

Pros: Food, hard to find items

Fair - Edit

Good veggie places are hard to find in this area and I thought it was perfectly fine for the price & for a quick lunch. The veggie burger was filling and they offer a nice variety of fruit and veggie smoothies. If I were to return to the area I wouldn't hesitate in going back.... It's not fantastic but staff are very friendly.

Relaxed Place compared to anywhere else - Edit

Relaxed Place compared to anywhere else I've been to in Vegas... This was the only vegie friendly place I can find in the area... The price was not so bad but the food wasn't filling... I had the BLT, then learn later they used the morning star bacon which has EGGS... uggg! they could have at least put a warning on their menu. Most of food is something you can prepare yourself. I rather eat there then at the over priced places on the strip... Most likely I will NEVER go back to stinky Vegas again.

2 Responses

ElaineVigneault "I will NEVER go back to stinky Vegas again."

Ridiculous. Tourists think they can figure out the entire town in a 24 hour weekend trip where they barely venture off the Strip. Get real.

No, Vegas is not the most progressive, vegan-friendly place in the nation. But neither is it the ass-crack of America. We've got vegan options and more than that, Vegas is a city that is very much NOT afraid of change. Unlike many cities with longer histories and deeper roots, we embrace the new. So what you see today may not be what you'll see tomorrow. Your prejudices and biases MUST dissolve in an environment like Vegas.

Rainbows End Las Vegas - Edit

Whilst on vacation in Las Vegas recently I was very glad to come across Rainbows End. Although I visited out of the served food time I stocked up on their delicious takeaways. I also purchased several skin preparations - everything was excellent. The assistant Rita was a gem - very informed and friendly ( even found out that she originally came from Glasgow - same district as my husband!) I shall have no hesitation in going there should I every visit Las Vagas again.

Pros: Friendly staff, excellent take out food, excellent skin pereparations

Cons: NONE!

Service killed the experience - Edit

We were very happy to find a place to eat in the back of a natural foods store. There aren't many vegan choices in Las Vegas, so we thought it was a find. The service was so slow, however, that we'll never go back. Also, the wraps, while good, had little substance, so weren't filling.

Pros: Vegan, Healthful choices

Cons: Slow service, Small portions

Could be better - Edit

I visited the store while in town at a conference in December '06 and had high hopes of something comparable to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Sadly, despite a long walk to the store, Rainbow's End was relatively disappointing.

It's small, located in a rundown area, and lacking in ambiance, with a confusing layout and little selection.

Still, the staff was really nice and more than willing to help aimless shoppers. Futhermore, they demonstrated excellent knowledge of the products.

With some store improvements and a bigger selection, this place could be a winner. Here's hoping that in the time since it has grown into its full potential.

Pros: Staff, knowledge

Cons: selection, layout, visual appeal

Good food, bad set up - Edit

Personally I don't care for the little store. It's got very limited varieties of products. The restaurant/cafe has good food, but the set up isn't the best. It's hard to figure out where to order and the dining area is not the nicest or cleanest. So I think the food is good, but they could clean up the dining area and make it easier to place your order.

Pros: good food

Cons: disorganized, hard to order food, not very clean

Great health foods - Edit

This place has a really minimum selection of health foods, but it is all vegetarian and they offer a great cafe instore. The staff is really helpful and they have a lot of vitamins and supplements to purchase.

Not worth going to - Edit

Rainbows End changed hands a couple of years ago, and reduced their vegan vitamins to none. The store is small, very small, has a few nice health food store SNACKS (thats about it, SNACKS), they serve Hamburgers (unless its changed in the past year, I doubt it). Don't bother with it, go to Sunflower. I gave up on Rainbows End long ago (when they stopped stocking vegan vitamins).

Pros: snacks, close to Vegas Strip, not much

Cons: very small store, no vegan vitamins, snacks & burgers

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rainbow's End Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3006 times since Aug 2007.