Komol Thai Restaurant

702-731-6542

953 E Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food place east of the Las Vegas Strip. Has a specific vegetarian menu section, and you could ask for brown rice instead of white without extra charge. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mrsgarcia

Amazing - Edit

Great Thai food with easy parking and amazing taste. Lots of choices to pick from with large portion sizes and understanding staff. Highly recommend.

Pros: Delicious, Large Serving Sizes, Friendly Staff

Yummy - Edit

Fantastic vegan options. Love this place.

very very good - Edit

LOVED:
Herbal salad
Yellow curry w tofu
coconut nondairy ice cream
Mango nondaiey ice cream
Spice tray

Good, but sauce needed a boost:
Papaya pad thai

Service, prices, ambiance:

UNBELIEVABLE - Edit

First time I had Thai food was here and now every where else has been a disappointment... Which can't be to bad because I remember the best ((: very much recommend!!

Pros: super friendly, loads of vegan options, delicious

all time favorite thai! - Edit

Komol is one of my favorite places to eat! Best thai you can get this side of the pacific! You ask for a 10 and they give it to you! Other places try and not give you too much spice thinking you csmt handle it, not Komol. My favorite is the curry duck. But everything is great, the curries, tom kha.. the Thai tea is great but I had to ask for coconut milk in it as the "non-dairy" creamer actuly contains milk protein casien. They seemed confused when I asked but its better with coconut. And vegan. Great place for the whole fam or to bring omnivore friends.

Pros: delicious, nice atmosphere, lunch specials

Cons: service can be slow, serves meat

Delicious food, questionable service - Edit

This restaurant has some of the most delicious Thai food I've ever had and a large amount of vegan options. However, I haven't been back in a long while, mainly because the last few times I've been there it took forever for someone to come and take our order and even longer for the food to make it to the table. There were also a few times where it was uncomfortably warm inside. Maybe these problems have been resolved, and if so, I would definitely check it out again. The mushroom Tom Ka and Tom Yum are amazing.

Pros: Great food, Plenty of veg options

Cons: Slow service, Warm

Best thai in las vegas! - Edit

Komol has a meat menu and vegetarian. The soy shrimp salad is delicious and very spicy. I also had the mixed vegetables and tofu and had them add shrimp. It was so good. Very favorable and tasty. The wait staff is very nice. Plenty of seating. The soy chicken is not vegan but all other fake meats are.

Pros: Food, Portion size

Cons: Located in commercial center

Decent - Edit

Restaurant has a good atmosphere. The Tom Kha soup was wonderful. The vegan pad thai tasted like microwaved macaroni and cheese. The service was great.
But then again, it's in a bad part of town.

Pros: Soup, Atmosphere

Cons: Location, Pad Thai

Tastes Amazing, Smells Amazing, Is Amazing - Edit

I came from Los Angeles not to long ago, as a new Las Vegas resident. I was used to the fancy vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Southern California. So obviously I was looking for something to match up. This place is pretty sweet. Loved the soy duck curry and the pad-thai noodles with soy fish. The waitress was extremely nice and the people seemed very well-mannered.

Pros: quality cuisine, moderately low price, generous portions

Good food, but more Chinese than it is Thai - Edit

I had the Veggie Delight lunch special for $6.95. It came with a green salad with peanut dressing and fried spring roll. The main plate was mix of different veggies and tofu (basically a stir-fry) + white rice. The food was OK, but nothing to rave about. I wouldn't describe it as being Thai food; I would call it Asian or Chinese, but I didn't detect any Thai flavor at all. I overheard the staff talking Chinese, so I guess that's why. I have been to Thailand 3 times and I know what Thai food tastes like. The food just needed something extra like garlic or onion, as it wasn't that flavorful. The presentation was also lacking, as the food was just slopped on the plate, then a mound of rice followed, partially covering the stir-fry. Another part of the plate was just left empty. Service was nice and fast. This would be a good place if you are traveling with non-veggies since they have meat-containing foods as well. Once was probably enough for me.

Pros: Healthy food, Portion size good

Cons: Lacked flavor, Not "authentic Thai" as advertised

Best Thai Food! - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here not expecting much. We were supprised with the best Thai food experience we've ever had. I got Spicy Ground Gluten Noodle that was PERFECT! The sauce was really flavorful and the noodles were done just right. They had that slight charred flavor they get when they are cooked perfectly. My boyfriend got Vegetarian Pad-Zee-Euw that was just as good, but was a lot spicier even though we both got medium.
The highlight of the meal was actually the salad. I don't remember what it was called because its not on their website, but it had cashews, carrots, lemongrass, coconut, lime... and a few other things that I cant remember. The perfect salad.

Pros: Great food , Price , Lots of Vegan Options

Fantastic but not 100% veg - Edit

We love this place! It has a HUGE menu, with a ton of veggie options and is delicious, authentic Thai food. We specifically love that they have a vegetarian (no fish sauce) papaya salad. Service is hit and miss but overall we keep going back and everyone we bring here loves it!

Excellent Vegan Thai Food - Edit

Friendly service, great food! Every time I go back, they remember me. Great vegan soups and dishes. They now have a huge vegan menu with soy meats and they use raw sugar, not white. This is one of the best Thai places in town!

Pros: Great soup, Vegan food

Cons: Smaller portions, A little pricey

BEST CURRY ever w/ brown rice! - Edit

Vegan. Try the Veg Panaang Curry. I love curry and I finally found the BEST curry in town.
THe brown rice is the best I've ever had at a restaurant! #1 thai place to eat curry and DRUNKEN NOODLES! mmmm King and I still has the best (King and I fried rice, substitute tofu/veggies) pineapple fried rice.

Pros: Best brown rice, Vegan, BEST curry

LOVE IT! - Edit

We are regulars at Komol and LOVE their food. Everytime someone comes into town, we take them to Komol and it's always been a hit. Their Vegetarian menu is extensive and the dishes taste amazing. We love thier Tom Kha/Tom Yum soups, the soft spring rolls with soy chicken, the corn patties, pad thai, tofu chili mint, pad see yew, panang curry and of course that amazing house-made coconut ice cream with bits of jackfruit! Yum!!! And of course we love the friendly staff!

Pros: great food, authentic thai cuisine, knowledgeable staff

Cons: location

authentic original creative thai - Edit

Get the herbal salad, it will blow your mind. So many flavors! Also recommended, the papaya pad thai, there are no actual noodles just papaya so it's like a pad thai salad and it's absolutely delicious! Spicy gluten noodle is tasty, lots of gluten in there, the sauce is so amazing.

OK - Edit

Food was good. Nothing exceptional. Place was tired looking. Area not the best. Go in a group.

Some of the best Thai food in the world and the... - Edit

Some of the best Thai food in the world and the nicest people.
I just got back from Thailand. I have lived in Vegas for 12 years. I am a complete Thai food junkie. I have tried almost all the Thai restaurants in Vegas and all around Thailand and this is some of the BEST Thai food in the world! The curries are exceptional. My favs are the yellow, panang and green (in that order.) The orange tofu is a not so healthy, but sweet, tangy treat (I usually order extra sauce.) They have some of the best brown rice (1/2 from Thailand 1/2 is a brown almost wild rice mix) They have fake meat dishes, gluten and the whole nine.

Not too mention the people are some of the nicest, most generous people I've ever met!! Because the food is so good, I've have been eating at Komol for over 7 years. These people have treated me (and my friends!) like family.

It doesn't have the greatest ambience, but the owner (Chai) has been recently remodeling and adding touches here and there.

I promise you this food is wonderful.

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Komol Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.