First Review by bencamps

Ethical, cheap and delicious - Edit

I have been to Radharanė many times and never get tired of it. Somewhat too crowded during lunch, it is, however, quite empty and very cosy in the evenings. A lot of vegan options, tasty food for a very affordable price - and, a cherry on the top of this great place: I found out they constantly support various projects by animal rights organisations, which makes them even more ethical.

Pros: Great value, easily accessible location, filling & delicious meals

Cons: Overcrowded during lunch

Central and cheap - Edit

I was in Vilnius for a conference and met a colleague, his partner and a couple of other fellow delegates here for dinner. I ordered baklašanų troškinus (aubergine stew), which normally comes with rice. However I was told that there was no rice left (my colleagues who had arrived before me presumably had the last) and was offered potatoes instead. These turned out to be rather oily, though tasty chips (fries). The aubergine stew was spicy, but not overpoweringly so and rather sweet for my taste. I also ordered a ginger cocktail (non-alcoholic), which was very gingery and extremely sweet. My friends also commented that their meals were very sweet. This place is pleasant and clean but the tastes are not particularly refined. I also found it incredible that an Asian restaurant could run out of rice. The experience was slightly tarnished by a rather abrupt waitress.

Pros: Good choice, Central location, Cheap

Cons: Meals too sweet, Abrupt staff, Ran out of rice

Tasty indian cuisine, big portions - Edit

Nice place for lunch or dinner; it's vegetarian, but lots of vegan dishes as well, just ask the staff. The portions are big, so one course is more than enough (at least for me :) but grab some samosas (they're great!) to snack on or take to a picnic.

Pros: central location, cheap, vegan options

Good, clean and friendly - Edit

Gerat choice of menu, and great food! I got there with about 15 friends, among which only 3 were vegetarians. Everybody was really pleased with their dish and the smoothies. I whish the portions were bigger though.

Amazing - Edit

Delicious food. And a lot of it, for a relatively small price. A very cozy place also.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, big portions

Nice indian cuisine - Edit

Good prices, really delicious homemade style meals, lots of vegan options.

Cozy, satisfying - Edit

This is one of my favorite places to eat because of the good vibes I get. I think the staff is great, the atmosphere is really positive, the food is vegan-friendly and well worth the price.
I have many pleasant associations with Radharane and I love coming back here. :)

Vegan options are available - Edit

Always ask for what they can make vegan and they'll give you options to choose from. The food is really nice if you want something quick.

Pros: vegan options

Plenty of vegan options - Edit

Cozy, cheap (at least for Western europenians). They recently introduced several types of burgers - that's something to try. Reccomended: burgers (with soy patty is the best), samosa's - they have them with soy, with apples, vegetables; and all kinds of fillets.

Pros: Atmosfere, cheap, tasty, big enough burgers

Cheap but good indian food - Edit

Many vegan options to choose from, large portions. So if you're vegan on a budget, this is your place to go!

Vegetarian, but vegan-friendly - Edit

This is kind of Ayurvedic kitchen, so they use milk products (paneer cheese, ghee) quite a lot but recently improving with vegan options quite well and I really appreciate that. I'd say Radharane's food is quite filling and satiated. Restaurant is located in the heart of the centre on the main drag. I recommend.

Great food - Edit

So many vegan options clearly marked on the menu. The veggie pakora was delicious and they offer soy milk for coffee! They have soy meat as well. I definitely recommend. Would love to see naan or roti added to the menu!

Great - Edit

Had a really nice lunch here, the vegetables soup was awesome, however all main dishes are based on paneer, which is not necessarily bad, but perhaps a bit boring.

Pros: Good price, nice athmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: Almost every dish is based on paneer

Simple food - Edit

Well, first of all I should say that I am spoilt, as we cook a lot of tasty dishes at home. So the food in Radharane didn't impress me. I could easily make most of the dishes at home.

However, I do not want to write anything bad about Radharane, as it is great that such places exist, are expanding and that as a vegan one can find several vegan options there.

The interior is nice.

Pros: Nice interior, Not very expensive

Cons: Vegan options weren't labelled

Perfect for vegetarians ! - Edit

Most likely the best in Vilnius for some good vegetarian food.
But.. lack of vegan options..

Cons: not many vegan options

Nothing exceptional - Edit

It is a rather typical Hare Krishna restaurant with Indian-style decorations, music, etc. Quite a nice place if you like such an environment.

The menu and food is OK, too. However, they have no "vegan" labels, and since they use a lot of dairy products in their kitchen, you have to ask many questions before ordering. That day they had around five vegan options, and we tried two of them. The food was nothing special, something you can make at home yourself. One dish costs 3-4€. I would call it "moderate" rather than "inexpensive" as it is written in the description. Also, we had to wait for a while for the food to come (~40 minutes) even though the restaurant didn't seem to be very busy.

All in all, it's a good place to visit a few times but don't expect anything extraordinary.

Pros: Good location, Calm envirionment

Cons: No vegan labels, Not 100% vegan

The best vegetarian place in Vilnius - Edit

The place has a great atmosphere. Eastern interior in orange colors. Mantras playing. Kind stuff.
Taste of the dishes is just great. Menu is not very big, but all food is perfect. Me and my wife were there about six times and never left not satisfied. The best vegetarian place in Vilnius in my humble opinion.

Pros: Perfect taste , Not expensive, Great atmosphere

Not so vegan friendly - Edit

I often go to Vilnius and like to discover new places (I always go to Balti Drambliai, but I like to change when I can).
Well this restaurant here cooks everything, even rice, in animal butter, and, as a vegan, there is absolutely nothing I can eat.
I'd remove "vegan-friendly".

Pros: Nice location, Nice looking restaurant, Nice people

Cons: Not vegan friendly

Return to Vilnius Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Radharane - Gedimino closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.