Porthmeor Beach Cafe

Contact 01736793366

Porthmeor Beach, St Ives, England, TR26 1JZ

Serves meat, vegan options available. On Porthmeor Beach with views across the beach out to sea. Breakfast, tapas, and 3 course meals on offer, with marked vegetarian/vegan options. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by Henri K

Amazing location, lovely selection of food - Edit

My family and I visited the Porthmeor Beach Cafe on a Thursday lunch time and were really impressed. We were sat in one of their 'alcoves'. These are set into the back wall of the outside seating area so that you can enjoy the gorgeous sea view whilst still being somewhat protected from the elements. I noticed that the alcove had a heater up on the wall, but the temperature on my visit was pleasant, so we didn't use it.

The lunch menu has a nice selection of vegan food, there are two main dishes and quite a few tapas. If you are eating out with omnivores there will be something for everyone. I had the green vegetable salad, which was nice though not outstanding. For dessert, I had the almond milk rice pudding which was absolutely delicious (luckily so, since it is the only vegan option). I also had a taste of the bread with olive oil and the roasted baby carrots, both were lovely. If I visit again I would have tapas rather than one main dish.

They also have a wide range of juices and smoothies that are made fresh. I had a soy latte, which was well made.

Overall, the meal was by no means cheap but definitely good value for the view, food, and service.

Pros: Fresh and healthy food, Friendly staff, Gorgeous setting

Cons: Vegan entrees a little boring, Only one vegan dessert

Delicious food in a fab setting - Edit

I went here for lunch today with some non-vegans and we all had fantastic food. The staff are friendly and helpful, and didn't seem at all fazed to have a vegan customer! The menu has really good choice for vegans, including tapas, and you can look at the menu in advance on their website. I like a big lunch so I had the green vegetable salad, a smoked tofu tapas dish and shared some bread. The salad was really generous with plenty of avocado, lettuce, stem broccoli, green beans, butternut squash and quinoa, all topped with a tasty little onion and tomato sauce. The smoked tofu was deep fried and amazingly tasty, plus it came with a mini salad of cabbage, bean sprouts and nuts. I just tipped the tofu in with the green salad and mixed it round! Yum! The brown bread we had was proper doorstep sized, with seedy bits and very tasty. Overall this was a delicious meal at a reasonable price (£15 ish). The taste and thought given to the food was actually better than some dedicated vegan restaurants that I've been to! Plus the view of the beach is second to none. I'll be going again.

Pros: Friendly staff , Tasty food , Lovely view

Cons: More vegan desserts would be nice.

Good recommendation - Edit

Was recommended this place by the staff at the Bean Inn. Great location on the beach across the road from the Tate. Seating available both inside glazed area and on terrace - was a short shower when we got there so sat inside. Staff friendly and efficient.
All veggie and vegan options clearly marked and plenty of choice on both fronts. We went for the tapas menu and had the smoked tofu, roast carrots, sprouting broccoli, jalapeño and cheese croquettes plus chips, and a couple of glasses of wine. All came quick, the smoked tofu was particularly good as was the almond 'creme fraiche, but enjoyed it all.
Given the setting, food and service thought the price tag of £15 per head was worth it.

Pros: Number of vegan options, Great setting, Good staff

Cons: No indication if drinks veggie/vegan, Only one vegan dessert

Return to St Ives Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Porthmeor Beach Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.