Plant Matter Kitchen

• Friend
519-660-3663

162 Wortley Rd (at Wortley Villag), London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 3P7

A plant-based restaurant and juice bar whose kitchen uses a whole food focus to create fusion meals which are vegan and organic. Features rotating dinner specials plus vegan doughnuts on the weekends. Hosts occasional live music. Est. since spring 2016. Open Mon-Wed 8:00am-8:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:30am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion, Canadian

First Review by DylanDakota

Terrific - Edit

My family dropped by on a recent trip into London and were just blown away; the food is really first rate, the service was excellent and the place has a great feel. It is the finest Vegan restaurant I've ever been to.

The prices are to be fair a little on the higher side, but the peace of mind of knowing you can order whatever you want and that it will be really good is worth a little extra!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Excellent quality food

Cons: A little pricey!

Great food and Friendly service - Edit

Went for dinner, great selection and very well prepared meals. Place was busy and noisy when we arrived, but we were seated promptly and service was quick.

Pros: Well prepared food.

Cons: Parking can be a bit challenging.

Really good - Edit

Hip cool place and great food
Enjoy!

Great vegan restaurant in Wartley village - Edit

I think Plant Matter Kitchen is great! I have been a number of times since they opened their doors and have never been disappointed.
The shepherd's pie is delicious!
I really like that they serve local craft beer and cater to local small businesses (teas, etc.) which can be found at the storefront.
Everyone at PMK is really friendly and know their stuff. They have always been happy to make recommendations and take the time to ensure you are happy with your meal.

Pros: Customer service, Delicious food options, Support local businesses

best vegan place in london - Edit

staff is excellent, food is fantastic, pricing is great!

Cons: none

plant matten kitchen. - Edit

this is my favourite restaurant in the world, i love this place so much! the food is A+, the restaurant is so cute and modern and artsy. i also go to plant matter, i even have so many non vegan friends that love it as well. i recommend this place to everyone, you will not be disappointed :)

Pros: great food., great location., great staff.

Awesome Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

We were so excited to find this new addition to the veg scene in London while visiting this year!
It did not disappoint.
Delicious food. Great service. Excellent atmosphere.
I was impressed by the menu options, especially for the shots, being someone who is into superfoods and superherbs. The only thing that could improve their selection would be to add some superfood/superherb hot elixirs to the roster!

Pros: excellent selection, delicious, great location

Cons: A bit pricey

Finally! A perfect vegan experience! - Edit

Everything about this place is great! First of all their is lots of space. Which is a good thing as they were crazy busy! The waitress who sat me down and served me was enthusiastic and clearly in love with her job. But it was the food that made the greatest impression. Without a doubt one of the best, or possibly the very best vegan food I have ever tasted! As it was a brunch,I had the Spanish Omelette with Tempeh bacon (so good!) and Hash Browns. I assure you it all tasted more then great! Around me Thierry was a pleasant buzz of conversation, in intrusive music played in the background, and the atmosphere was generally cheery. I will definitely reckoned to everyone and return first chance I get! Good work guys!

Pros: Roomy Awesome food.Cheerful staff.Great location.

Cons: None!

Amazinv - Edit

I've eaten at plant matter twice now, both times equally as good!
The Mac n cheese was fabulous as was the curry wrap and pea soup!! The presentation was very pleasing as well, friendly staff

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Amazing food

Cons: Juice was a little to lemony , O

Fantastic Lunch! - Edit

I was recently in London for a university convocation. We chose Plant Matter Kitchen for a celebratory lunch since all 5 of us are vegetarian. It was fantastic! The mac & cheese called out to most of us, but one member of our party chose the almost-raw wrap. All of us were thrilled with our meals! The mac & cheese was so delicious and creamy and so full of flavour that I think I could live on it! We all tasted a smoothie and shared a cookie and devoured our salads too. My only wish is that there was a Plant Matter Kitchen closer to my home (near Kingston, ON)!

Pros: excellent food, healthy yet delicious, friendly staff

Cons: too far away from my home to eat here every day!

London's Vegan Gem - Edit

An excellent location wifh fun staff. A nice open kitchen, some outdoor seating and good menu selection. Open for brunch on Sundays. There is a take out side and sit down area. I don't live in London but what a great Vegan gem. I will visit again when next in town.

A vegan restaurant where delicious and nutritious co-exist - Edit

I stopped in at PMK for a coffee during morning ‘break’ time. The staff were very energetic, friendly and welcoming, and convinced me to try the vegan chocolate chip banana bread. I was intrigued and at the same time, concerned about how it would taste. I was a believer after just one bite—it was full of flavour and was certainly the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten. Normally, I would have felt guilty for indulging in such a treat, but because it was vegan, I felt good for having a snack that tasted great and wasn’t full of empty calories. It was a pleasure to find a vegan restaurant where delicious and nutritious co-exist. Also worth noting was that it wasn’t a tiny slice of bread, but a “personal” sized loaf that was a large portion and could have easily been shared.

The coffee was the perfect accompaniment, and I was impressed when offered the choice of coconut or cashew milk—both made in-house!

I’ll return to PMK as the menu expands to try more of what this Wortley Village gem has to offer.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Great Service

Cons: Need More Menu Items

The Perfect Place - Edit

Seriously amazing food and drinks. The vibe is excellent and the staff is welcoming and truly passionate about the cause and movement! I wish them the best of luck!

Pros: Excellent food and drinks, Kind and knowledgeable staff, Great location

Cons: None!

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plant Matter Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.