Bakery
Kosher

Serves fish, vegan options available. Kosher bagel shop and eatery offering a tofu schmear, vegan carrot lox sandwich, hummus sandwich, and oat milk for drinks. Some vegan baked goods may also be available. Open Mon 7:30am-2:30pm, Wed-Sun 7:30am-2:30pm.

Venue map for Pigeon Bagels
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MMitzner

foon

Points +554

29 May 2023

Great bagels, meh lox

By far the best bagels Pittsburgh has to offer. It’s wonderful how inclusive the menu is—we got a couple rugelach and iced oat lattes which were also perfectly lovely. I’d pass on the carrot lox, though. It’s more of a pickled carrot, and much too vinegary.

Pros: Bagel crust, House made tofu cream cheese, Rugelach

Cons: Highly acidic lox

PatrickFisher

Points +32

27 May 2023

Vegan carrot lox that will rock your socks

I've been living in Pittsburgh for two weeks at the time of writing this. I have been wanting to try Pigeon Bagels but was told that I better be prepared to wait in line. I went on a Saturday afternoon around 1:45 PM, and there was absolutely no line. I ordered a vegan carrot lox sandwich on an everything bagel and an apple cinnamon scone.

The bagels have an incredible texture to them. As someone who has had NY bagels, I've always found them to go too heavy on the cream cheese, but didn't find that to be the case at Pigeon. It was just the right amount of cream cheese and their vegan cream cheese left nothing to be desired. The carrot lox has a great smokey flavor and with the addition of the capers and red onions makes for a fantastic bagel sandwich.

The cinnamon scone was also delightful. It wasn't dry, nor hard, and had a great taste. Paired well with a hot coffee.

Pros: Staff was very friendly, Vegan options are clearly labeled, A variety of vegan options

julie9.

Points +270

15 May 2022

Great vegan options

This place has great vegan options with tofu spread and vegan lox. I brought my friend who grew up in NYC and he agreed that these are the best bagels he’s tried outside the city. Would definitely recommend you check it out!

awakenici

Points +88

20 Dec 2019

Tasty

Friendly staff and the carrot lax is amazing!

Cons: A bit expensive

widepipe

Points +36

Mostly Veg
11 Dec 2019

Vegan Lox Are Unreal

First of all, there are no other bagels in Pittsburgh that come close to the perfection of Pigeon’s. These are the only real bagels in the city.

But, somehow we got lucky enough to have a perfect bagel place also make an amazing vegan version of a classic lox sandwich. The carrot lox and vegan cream cheese are absolutely amazing. As someone who isn’t completely vegan, I have had “real” lox in the recent past, and can say that Pigeon’s vegan option is pretty darn close to the real thing.

Pros: Bagels, Vegan Lox, Vegan Cream Cheese

Cons: No seating, Not open every day

MMitzner

Points +96

25 Nov 2019

Amazing Bagels

I have been following this place since they were still a pop-up showcasing their bagel talent at farmer's markets. They now have their own store and the bagels and bagel sandwiches are amazing. I love how you can see them making the bagels in back and their vegan lox does not disappoint! It is my new favorite bagel joint that I tell everyone about. The weekend will often have long lines, so be prepared if you go during a nice day on a Saturday or Sunday.