Milky Way

• Veg-friendly
Contact 412-421-3121

2120 Murray Ave (at Squirrel Hill), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15217

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kosher eatery in Squirrel Hill. Makes pizza, hoagies (vegetarian), falafel, and other food including fish. Locally owned and operated.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by Tazzled

Nice little veg-ish deli - Edit

Too bad about the fish, because other than that, this simple vegetarian cafe is pretty awesome. Their "chicken" and other veg meats are all vegan, so any kind of sandwich that doesn't have cheese is vegan, unless it's fish. Again. Really. Too bad about that fish, huh?

Places like this are important for Pittsburgh. It's really just an unassuming Jewish deli kind of a place, but it also happens to be vegetarian. While sitting in there, all kinds of different people from all walks of life came in and got food. They were playing Fox News, oy vey. I really liked the counter person. I got the impression this is a family place.

Pros: yummy, welcoming

Cons: fish, Fox News

Pizza & Hoagies - Oh My! - Edit

This place has THE BEST eggplant pizza I've ever had. And in the summer, I like to get their veggie "meat"ball hoagies. So delish. They've even got veggie "chicken" wraps, which I can't wait to try.

I tried their falafel, and it left more to be desired. A bit bland, and not at all spicy.

Pros: pizza, vegge meatballs, veggie chicken

Cons: bland falafel

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Milky Way closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1508 times since Feb 2011.