First Review by Michelle Stoddart

Yummy but nothing special - Edit

The atmosphere was nice and the food was yummy and organic. But to be honest, it didn't blow me away. We had the pasta with lentil sauce, which had a nice taste but was really nothing special. My friend had a big salad, which he said was not very satisfying - just a piece of bread on the side would have already helped. Maybe it was just the options that day which weren't too great, so I'd still recommend going there and checking it out.

Pros: organic ingredients, vegan main dishes

beautiful intimate atmosphere - Edit

only went twice - for lunch - and everything was vegetarian. No meat at all. The food was very good - reasonably priced and the drinks available were the best we had ever seen in Hamburg. Funnily enough the service was unfriendly both times - had never experienced this before in Hamburg - so thats the reason have not been back. Otherwise it really is a gem of a restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 29, 2011

Pros: beautidul decor, cosy, great food, great drinks

Cons: unfriendly service both visits

organic and delicious! - Edit

this organic, primarily vegetarian restaurant was excellent. it was obvious that they are serious about food and prepare it with love. I would definitely go back and bring friends whether vegetarian or not. the food was so delicious and I savored every bite. the German rose was one of the best I've had. the service was solid and they helped a non German speaker order well and feel comfortable.

Pros: Organic, Delicious food, Great service

Green Oasis - Edit

Not easy being a vegan in Europe. This place is an oasis. Very good, all organic produce. Many vegan options. Excellent cafe atmosphere. Helpful staff. Great neiborhood.

Pros: organic, nice location, helpful staff

Cons: small

Delicious and nice service! - Edit

I was in Hamburg on business and was very pleased to find this place for a healthy lunch. It's on a quiet street so they may need to advertise more to get more people in there but there were a decent amount of diners in there. The service was very friendly, the translated for me as the menu was only in German. I'm vegan and he quickly pointed out the options for me. I had a tasty carrot and tofu dish with lots of spice and nice salad / rice on the side. They have a nice selection of beers and wine too. Nice decor too, good atmosphere and I expect it's even better in the evening. I look forward to visiting another time soon.

Pros: Tasty food, Generous Portions, Nice Service

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Piccolo Paradiso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2695 times since Aug 2007.