Philo Cafe

Building C5.2, Saarland University campus, Saarbrucken, Germany, 66123

Serves meat, vegan options available. It serves meat, and vegetarian and vegan options are available. The dishes of the day are announced weekly on their Facebook page and hang out near the entrance. They also offer sandwiches and pastries. All muffins are vegan. Other vegetarian and vegan choices are labelled. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by danveg

Vegan paradise on campus - Edit

PhiloCafé clearly label their numerous vegan and vegetarian options including the desserts. In fact, nine out of twelve daily dishes are meat-free. The owner is very welcoming and easy to talk to. He´s enthusiastic about his place and their food - for a reason: Everything is freshly prepared on the spot. He even imports the spices himself from his home country Iran to ensure the perfect spice mix. Prices are student-friendly. If I were still a uni student I´d definitely eat there every day.
Today I had a chance to go there and even though they had already officially closed I was welcomed in and could select from the remaining desserts. I tried the Persian rice pudding, which tasted absolutely beautiful and was heavily scented with rose water. I highly recommend eating out at PhiloCafé!

Pros: Many vegan options, all of which clearly labelled, Tasty food, Friendly, relaxed and attentive staff

Cons: Not completely vegan, Nothing is organic

My favourite place on campus - Edit

The Philo Cafe is my favourite place for having lunch on university campus due to its cosy atmosphere and welcoming staff. The food is well seasoned and not too expensive. I like having a large portion of their lentil soup with self-made flatbread for 3€.

Cons: Nothing is organic., Not completely vegan

Return to Saarbrucken Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Philo Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.