Pet Shop

Contact 201-984-2170

193 Newark Ave, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, 07302

Neighborhood bar offering drinks and a small food menu of vegetarian small plates, sandwiches, and salads with several vegan options. Offerings include buffalo cauliflower, bean pates, and a jackfruit pulled pork sandwich. Menu changes seasonally. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Fri 4:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-3:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by Truly

Finally, a vegetarian bar! - Edit

I almost could not believe what I was reading when I heard a bar with an entirely vegetarian menu had opened in Jersey City. We went there that very night!

Pet Shop is so much hipper than I am. Grungy-cool ambiance, with kitschy paintings of animals, vintage-y furniture, and a photo booth. Interesting beers at the bar served by interesting people. A chill wine bar in the basement. And best of all, TWO often-updated menus, one upstairs and one downstairs, and all vegetarian. The buffalo cauliflower is my absolute fave which I get every time I am there. The sandwiches have been fantastic, the poutine is salty and naughty, the grilled cheese was particularly delicious. The menu downstairs is slightly more upscale to match the really cool, unique wine selections.

Not that they need it, because they're doing great, but please check out this fantastic concept. We need more vegetarian restaurants in JC period, and a vegetarian bar ... how awesome is that?!

Pros: IT'S A VEGETARIAN BAR!, Easy to find street parking, Plenty of vegan options

Cons: Used to be an actual pet shop, that bums some out

Return to Jersey City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pet Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.