First Review by khity

quick lunch - Edit

This is a good option for a quick vegan lunch in the central business district. My visits suggest it has several regulars who work nearby who come to eat or get takeaway. It's small, with a counter and seating for only 14 or so, and not a place to linger, but service is friendly and fast. I haven't been in the evening, but don't imagine it would be good for a relaxed dinner (the Erskine Street branch would be better). In 2016, prices rose, along with a brightening of the menu and smarter presentation of the food, although the dishes are basically the same. A lunchtime Express Meal (almost anything on the menu, with rice or noodles), is now $8.90. The same dishes at night are now $11.90, not including rice. There is also a lunchtime package deal, with starter and soft drink.
I just wish they weren't so obsessed with mock meats, mostly soy chicken. A few dishes that were just vegetables and tofu would be welcome.
It was previously known as Vegie House: that's the name on the printed takeout menu, although the sign on the street is Peace Harmony.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 09, 2014

Pros: CBD location, cheap, fast, friendly

Cons: so much mock meat

Great experience - Edit

Friendly, fast lunch experience on our first day in Australia. The place was super busy, but we still got friendly service and received our food quickly. Good prices, also, so we were definitely happy.

Pros: Friendly, Fast, All veg

This place just robbed me!! - Edit

I went this place for lunch take away. I had $20 note and gave the note when I ordered. The order was $10.30 so I said I will give you the 30c and expecting the $10 change. But she claimed that she never received the money and claiming that she will never take the money before she take the order. She was trying to make me look like i was the thief. I go to this place at least once a week coz it's close to my work. As if I would try to not pay that $10!!!! I was so disappointed how she handled the situation how she was trying to make me look like I was the one who is trying to do dodgy. I would never go back to this place in my life again! worst experience ever.

lovely sit in resteraunt - Edit

its hard to find a really nice restaurant that you can sit in sydney. so this place is a gem. pad thai and fried rice were so nice great service as well

Pros: great food, great service, free water

Cosy place with great food - Edit

I went there for dinner with a friend. The restaurant is centrally located not far off George St (on King St). I had the Ginger Stir Fry and it was great. My friend had a Curry Laksa and enjoyed it very much. Thinking I might go back tomorrow! Also note, no onion, garlic, chives, etc, used for those that don't eat them.

Pros: Reasonable price, Good location

Great Taste, Good Service, Bad Music - Edit

I love coming here I live the food as it's good and the price is right. The only thing that annoys me is commercial radio playing a bit too loud.

Pros: All Vegan, Cheap, Tasty

Cons: The Music, Not open on Sundays

Great for Lunch - Edit

This is great for lunchtime take-away, but small. Since it has been so popular, they opened a restaurant a few streets away in Erskine St which is larger and same chef and owner and same name. It is by far our most favourite restaurant in Sydney. Large serves! Smiling faces, meals come out quickly. They have the best "dim sims" in the vegan asian style restaurants in Sydney.

Pros: Good prices, Large sizes

Cons: none what-so-ever!

2 Responses

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peace Harmony - King St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8688 times since Aug 2007.