Panthere Verte - Mile End

Contact 514-508-5564

160 St-Viateur Est Ste 101, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2T1A8

Vegan restaurant with a few locations, this one opened in 2009 (previously on St Viateur Ouest). Serves sandwiches, smoothies, fresh juices, organic beer and healthier desserts. Sweet potato fries from 5pm-7pm daily. Relaxed atmosphere.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Canadian

First Review by Petesternz

Great place for a quick bite - Edit

I've been there for lunch and had a soup and a hummus sandwich with an energy drink. Both soup and sandwich were fresh and good, not huge in portion but affordable. The place is green, calm and pleasant. Their menu was relatively limited at that time but the place is good for a quick bite or a lunch to take away.

Pros: fresh vegan food, take away, friendly staff, affordable

Cons: little menu, small place

Love! - Edit

One of my favourite go-to spots when I want something quick and satisfying. The falafel fusion sandwich is always delicious, The Pitas are thick and hand-made, and you can buy them to go, along with quite a few other things, like veggie-pate, soups, etc. For under $15, I always leave pretty full, so I think the price is exception considering that everything is organic. If you still have room, the cookies are reaaaaally good, especially the cashewy. The specials of the day are good, but I do a lot of cooking myself, so i prefer to get one of the sandwiches.

In the summer, if you catch their food truck, you can get sweet potato french fries with chipotle mayo, and watermelon juice...mmmm!!

Pros: Quick service, fresh and organic, Affordable

OH YEAH! - Edit

What is not to love about this place?

Healthy, tasty food at a reasonable price. If you are eating in, the atmosphere is groovy and the drinks are good. I have spent many an afternoon here just watching the snow fall and pondering about what a treat my body is getting with the food that is freshly made and tastes so good.

Service is also good. I am glad I don't live/work in the vicinity because I would spend my whole paycheque eating here every day.

Keep it up guys!

Pros: Service, tastiness, atmosphere

Organic, vegan and ecofriendly - Edit

La Panthère Vert is worth your pennies. The food is good, plus you cast a vote for vegan food and organic agriculture every time you eat there. Also, take-out foods come in compostable containers with even compostable ustensils.

I am a big fan of the veggie-pâté, tempeh and veggie-burger pitas. The salads are usually very good too. As for the desserts, they rock, but I particularly recommend the Viramisu and the better pecan pie.

There is also a big fridge where you can buy food to eat at home like soups, stews, pitas, etc.

Pros: Organic, Ecofriendly, Healthy food

Cons: Simple menu

Smoothies ! - Edit

Bon rapport qualité-prix! Pas mon restaurant préféré car j'aurais souhaité un peu plus d'originalité (bien qu'il y en ait tout de même!) mais ça reste une bonne adresse. Smoothies et jus excellents, desserts excellents et prix corrects.
Mon regret est que les sandwichs sont tous faits avec du pain pita, c'est très bon mais j'aurais aimé plus de choix dans le type de pain et du pain sans gluten.

Pros: Smoothies délicieux, Vegepate délicieux, Cadre sympa

Cons: Pas de service, mais pas bien grave !, Pas de menu special brunch

Simply delicious - Edit

I went here as it was nearby the Sivananda yoga center and my experience was very good. I loved that it was organic as well. The smoothie I took (something 'Monkey') was very thick and yummy and the tempeh pita was amazing, I ordered the salad/ vegetables of the day as well as a scrumptuous cashew / cranberry cookies. Unfortunately the airco was very cold.

Pros: large choice, organic, delicious

Cons: no wi-fi, airco too cold, small

Excellent! - Edit

The cafe is small, with only 3 small tables and a long table. Food including, vege burger, falafel, tofu bbq ... price from $6 to $8. We had vege burger and tofu bbq, both were in pita bread. They were real good. The special of the day, maffe ($5), kind of mash egg plants, was very very good, even my husband who never like egg plants said so. There are fresh smoothies too. Staff are friendly and speak very good French and English.

Pros: Food, Price, Service

Cons: Small

Happy Discovery - Edit

Great little dinner. Not a sit down restaurant. They specialize more as a quick bite/take out place. The food is very good, the staff are friendly and the prices are average. The falafel sandwich was very tasty and chocolate chip cookie was nice but nothing extravagant. All in all, a great place to know about but make sure you have the address because there is absolutly nothing outside that identifies the restaurant. It's just a green store front.

Pros: Quick, All vegan, dinner

Cons: not conducive to lingering

A vegan's dream - Edit

This place is everything I ever wanted in a vegan restaurant! Falafels fried fresh!!!! (unlike the big chains in this city that have them sitting around all day, dry as hell!) Everything I've tasted in this establishment has been above & beyond expectations! great salads, great sandwiches, great atmosphere! The price is a little high but everything is fresh & mostly if not all organic!!!!
I dream of one day running a place like this myself!

Pros: tasty, friendly, organic

Cons: a little pricey

A real treat - Edit

Can't believe no one has reviewed this real gem yet. It's in a location with several veggie options (Cagibi, Aux Vivres), but may be the best of the lot. A small place, they make everything fresh using organic ingredients wherever possible. It's essentially soups, sandwiches and salads, but everything was well done. We had a wonderful bean soup, and they make some delicious chocolate chip cookies. Definitely worth a return trip!

Pros: friendly staff, affordable

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Panthere Verte - Mile End closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5163 times since Jul 2009.