Organic Kitchen and Wine

Contact 64183220

57 Fuxing West Rd, Xuhui, Shanghai, China,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic food restaurant. Several veg choices: pasta, soup, falafel, juices, Asian dishes, and others. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Katharinenstrasse

Nice - Edit

The place itself is really nice. It is cosy and has board games which is always fun.

I found the staff to be quite rude and not very helpful but the food was delicious.

I got the falafel with tahini sauce and it was amazing! I also ordered their Baba Ghanoush and hummus to take away. The hummus was absolutely delicious!

I also saw a sign that they do all a vegan buffets on Wednesdays 6 - 10pm for 88CNY and they also have vegan waffles are a special!

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Unfriendly staff, No bathrooms

lacking - Edit

We had a bad impression from the start. As we approached there was a guy sitting outside smoking, and blowing his cigarette smoke towards the door which is where we were about to enter from. Then when we got inside the air con was on full blast, it was much too cold. After a while the same guy that had been outside was now inside and noticed we were sitting there with another layer of clothing on and he adjusted the air con, thankfully.

The service was poor. I asked a question about portion size and the same guy who was now taking our order wasn't able to answer. Later another guy was there and when I asked for us to have some water only one glass was brought for myself, nothing for my friend. At the end when we went to pay we asked the first guy if we could pay separately and this seemed a chore for him.

They don't have any washrooms, you need to leave the restaurant and go next door to use one there. That might be okay if the weather's alright, but not in the pouring rain.

The falafel and tahini was delicious, and the place itself is nice and quaint, however, I will not go back, because the service was not welcoming at all.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-05

Cons: poor service

Very good - Edit

Cool location and very yummy food. Right now, ca. 75% of the ingredients are organic they told me.
The portions are kind of small but very yummy and healthy! Also the pure juices are very delicious and healthy.

Pros: They do special requests, Friendly, Fresh and cool interior

Cons: No bathrooms, Small portions, You have to pay in advance

Great food, great design, great wine. - Edit

This place is awesome in any point. The decoration is stylish but not too much, it had a cozy atmosphere. The food is absolutely delicious. They have organic chicken from their own farms, the rest is vegetarian and also organic. They sell tasty organic wine for reasonable prices (happy our 2 glass for 1 from 4 - 8 p.m. during weekdays!) and fantastic cakes and desserts. Also breakfast is offered. They deliver as well via Sherpas/ or their webpage.

As there is lot's of nice bars around, this is a good restaurant to eat and have one or two drinks and then go out afterwards.

Pros: Food extremely delicious, Organic and regional, Nice decoration and staff

Katharinenstrasse 11 Apr 2013 - By the way this restaurant has moderate prices, it's definitely not expensive like written in the description...if you consider that it has only organic ingredients I would even say it's inexpensive.

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic Kitchen and Wine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.