Olio

709-754-6546

77 Harvey Rd, St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada, A1c 2e9

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza shop with vegan choices, including a mac-n-cheese pizza and make-your-own pizza with vegan cheese and seasoned tvp option; vegan calzones and garlic cheese fingers. All-you-can-eat pizza night on Monday. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Honey, Non-veg

First Review by slushman

Delicious Pizza - go with the new vegan cashew cheese - Edit

We are strict vegans and have been ordering from Olio regularly. They make delicious pizza. They used to only offer Daiya cheese which is fine but they have since introduced a new cashew based vegan cheese which is incredible. Right now, they only offer it on their small pizza and not the large. However, I prefer to order small pizzas from them. For some reason, I prefer the crust. Don't get me wrong, a large pizzas with Daiya is a good but the one with the vegan cashew cheese are better. The cheese is lighter and doesn't get weighed down the way it can with Daiya. They offer delivery for $6.00. They have a decent assortment of toppings including TVP, chickpeas, and a lot of veggie choices. If you get mushrooms on it they saute them and it can get a touch salty.
You can eat in the restaurant too -- it's pretty casual place. Staff are friendly and they've always been responsive when I've asked questions. We don't eat soy so I was glad to learn that the new cashew vegan cheese is soy free as well.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-31

Pros: vegan mozzarella cashew cheese, delivery, amazing pizza

Cons: vegan mozzarella only avail on small and not large

Delicious Vegan Garlic Cheese Fingers!!! - Edit

I always thoroughly enjoy my pizza from Olio - they have a super fresh, think crust that I just love!
The pizzas are completely customizable with gourmet toppings, including TVP, vegan cheese, and maple syrup drizzle!
They also have vegan garlic cheese fingers, which is a first in this town, and they're REALLY addictive!

Pros: High quality ingredients, Lots of vegan toppings, Very fresh

Cons: Expensive

Return to St Johns Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Olio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.