Okarina

Contact 386-45741458

Ljubljanska Cesta 8, Bled, Bled, Slovenia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A fine dining restaurant that offers a separate vegetarian menu that includes vegan options. Accommodate vegan diners. Comfortable and elegant interior with an outdoor terrace. Their website can be viewed in English.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Beer/Wine, Slovenian, Non-veg

First Review by Riikka

Delicious, but expensive - Edit

This restaurant is the only place in Bled, as far as I know, that serves complete vegan meals. The food is very expensive for Slovenian standards, so I maximised the value for money by ordering sautéed porcini mushrooms. They came with fried polenta and rocket salad. They were delicious. I also ordered naan bread, which was warm and tasty, but too expensive for the quantity. They didn't have any vegan desserts unfortunately. There are many other vegan dishes on the menu I would like to try the next time (although I might go for porcini mushrooms again).

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, location

Cons: very expensive, no vegan desserts

Good choice in Bled - Edit

For vegetarians in Bled, this place is a goldmine. Lots of variety/options in the menu. Food was great. We ate there twice (but honestly that's more because we had no other good options). Beautiful atmosphere. All in all, it was a good experience. Only downside was the somewhat arrogant waiter, but we did not let this spoil it for us! Prices were a bit high as well, but it's a fancy restaurant, so this is to be expected.

IT WAS DELICIOUS! - Edit

Certainly not to miss in Bled. Tasty food,excellent service, nice music and it is very cosy.

It is not the cheapest, but it is worth it. My 10 year old daughter said that it was the best meal in her life.

Yum - Edit

Okarina is a great choice for veggies. It has a huge selection of veggie food and everything we had was tasty. It's quite upmarket, but not too expensive. Go there!

Pros: Great food, Close to the lake, not too expensive

Nice place - Edit

The menu has about four vegetarian options of them at least one was vegan (tofu with vegetables and rice), which I had and was very very good. The prices were bit on the high end, but still worth it. The place was comfortable and had a outdoor terrace and the staff was friendly. By the entrance there was a signature of Sir Paul McCartney, who had written he enjoyed the food :)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: Limited options, serves meat

Return to Bled Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Okarina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2449 times since Aug 2007.