Public Bar & Vegan Kitchen

Contact 070270712

Ljubljanska 4, Bled, Slovenia,

Serving food and wine in a casual, lake-side setting. Zaziv Vegan Bar merged with Public Bar. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European

First Review by nature lover

Amazing bugers - Edit

I see this place is refurb but I seriously hope they dont change the menu because these are the best vegan burger sandwiches ever.

lake bled may be an absolute tourist trap and one of the worst places in Slovenia (an otherwise incredible country) but the food at Zaziv was so good we travelled here all the from Lake Bohinj at least 4 times just to eat.

also, whilst this place is just a small take away, they have an arrangement with a bar just a few meters away where you can bring your take away in if you buy a drink - perfect!

Pros: friendly service, amazing flavours

Cons: is in the tourist trap that is lake bled

Amazing surprise - Edit

My boyfriend and I went to slovenia as our first vacation, not knowing what to expect, and if vegan food would be easy to find there. So we get out of the bus in Bled and look on happycow to find this bar a few 100 metres away from the bus stop. We went to the small but charming place and were positively surprised to find that the burgers here are to die for! We came here 3 times in 2 weeks :) Friendly and nice staff also. Another thing i liked was the pamflets on the table about veganism, was nice to read while waiting for the meal. Many options in sauce and kinds of bread. Definately would recommend this place.

Pros: Choices of bread for burgers, Friendly staff, Info about vegan lifestyle

Cons: Small

good food - Edit

Good hamburgers as you'd expect if you've visited the Ljubljana location. Small joint meant for take out not eat in. Not all of the items on the menu are available. But they have vegan ice cream!

Pros: Good vegan burgers, Good location

Cons: Take out only, Not all items on the menu are available

slow service but good food - Edit

Public offers vegan food branded under Zaziv's name, but the food items offered are different. Zaziv is located about 25 meters away from Public and is more of a takeout spot for hamburgers. Public, however, offers the same burgers as Zaziv but as wraps, in addition to chickpea fritters, potato wedges, and salads with burger patties on top. The food itself was good and was served to us by a barefoot cook, but what made the evening tedious was the neglectfullness of the server. If you decide to eat here, feel free to approach the bar to order food and ask for the bill. Also Public also only accepts cash.

Pros: good food

Cons: slow service, cash only

A must for vegans in Bled - Edit

The burgers were so tasty and very cheap! There are some other vegan options in Bled but they a lot more expensive and (in my opinion) not very good. We ate at Zaziv twice at tried all the different burgers. Friendly people who took the time to explain the menu choices.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Open every day

Great little Vegan Cafe - Edit

We were surprised and delighted to stumble upon this little cafe in the town of Bled. We are both Vegan and were struggling a bit in Slovenia.

We had the vegan burgers which we enjoyed very much. They offer a choice of breads for the Baps (Buckwheat, Corn, Spelt), we chose the Buckwheat and it was excellent. The burger is huge, plenty of filling, salad, and sauce of your choice (see photo). The Cafe also does a Pizza which we did not have time to try, but if it's the same standard as the burgers then it will be good.

There is traditional Cake of Bled - surprisingly called 'Bled Cake,' which looked pretty interesting but we were not able to try it as it is dairy. So we were very pleased to see that Zaziv has it's own vegan version - and delicious it was.

I think that all the ingredients here are homemade, even the burgers (not shipped in frozen). The bread is made locally by a real baker. It's a small Cafe but it does have sitting areas both inside and out. Serves juices as well. A great place for vegans.

Pros: Homemade, Great Cake, Nice Bread

Cons: Coffee with Soya Milk would be good

Randomly closed on a Tuesday - Edit

I planned my day trip to Lake Bled around being able to eat at ZaZiv and there were closed. Bummed I didn't get to eat there or at all. I'm giving three stars for existing in an otherwise vegan-less area. The menu looked good through the window.

Zvegelj 30 Mar 2016 - Dear Sir,
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but we had power outage, so we had to be closed that Tuesday and partly on Wednesday. Hope you return to Bled, so we can treat you with free vegan burger of your choice :)

Awesome Burgers! - Edit

Certainly didn't expect to find a vegan food place in at Lake Bled!

The burgers here are unreal, and very good value. Have been traveling around through Europe last few months, and eaten vegan burgers at many different places and this place had the best!

Choose the burger - choose the bread - choose the sauces - and choose whether you want onion or not. Such a great system.

I also had a really good gluten free carrot/beetroot/banana cake - which was delicious!

Highly recommended!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: nothing

A diamond in the rough - Edit

This is a diamond in the rough! I'm so happy I found this place. the veggie burgers are great. Don't miss out on the vegan mayo - amazing! The staff is warm and friendly. Your non - vegan friends will like this place too!

excellent burgers and pizza - Edit

Lovely little cafe, 100% vegan, great food, healthy, tasty burgers (with gluten free options) and amazing vegan pizza. A must visit if you are in Bled!

Pros: inexpensive , helpful staff, 100% vegan!

Cons: none

Amazing burgers - Edit

I was so happy to find this place, I came in three times and tried three different burgers, they were all delicious and a good size. you can also choose your sauce and bun, they also sell fresh juice. you can tell the staff love what they are doing . highly recommended.

Pros: vegan

Return to Bled Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Public Bar & Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.