Oceano

n/a

2 Vendig (at Ashford), Condado, Puerto Rico

Serves meat, vegan options available. Outside restaurant and bar with ocean view. Menu has 3 vegan options as of June 2015.

Categories: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Latin American, Puerto Rican, Non-veg

First Review by HappyHeart

Nice location; decent food - Edit

We sat at the bar for dinner and drinks with an oceanfront view. This place was recommended to me by a vegan friend, so I had high expectations. I got the veggie mofongo and my partner got the vegetarian bliss - a mixed plate with hummus, toasted bread, quinoa salad, grilled asparagus, and a cold black bean salad. The mofongo was alright; probably my least favorite during our two weeks in Puerto Rico. It was kind of dry and could have used more sauce. The brussel sprouts were not cooked enough for my liking. I think he had the better meal! I expected better food at this price point ($24 and $22 for the entrees).

Pros: Ocean view, Good bar

Excellent view; good mediterranean platter; not so good mofongo - Edit

My boyfriend and I went for New Year's Eve. Gorgeous view of the Ocean, and pretty nice looking place.

They have one officially vegan main course: the veggie Mofongo. Throughout our stay in Puerto Rico, we had 5 different veggie mofongos, and this was the 2nd most expensive, and the worst tasting - it lacked salt and spices.

For an appetizer we got their Mediterranean platter hold the cheese: so it was some salad, hummus, pita bread (not sure if really vegan), and olives. It was pretty good.

For dessert, they have several fruit sorbets available.

Overall, it was a nice dinner but they could improve their single labeled vegan item.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-16

Pros: great view

Cons: subpar mofongo

ocean view and several veggie options - Edit

I travel for work and all vegan restaurants are hard to find. I look for veggie friendly places and this is a wonderful option! They have 3 vegan options and several vegetarian choices. Everything I've had is great and service is super! And you can't beat the view!

Return to Condado Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Oceano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.