Nuba - Kitsilano

604-336-1797

3116 W Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6K 2H3

Serves meat, vegan options available. Like the other Nuba restaurants, this one has a menu that marks the vegetarian and vegan items: mezze, lentil dishes, the Najib's special (lemon cauliflower). Nice, intimate setting on several floors. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:30am-4:30pm.

Categories: Mediterranean, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by vegan frog

Just Average - Edit

Went to Nuba in Kits last night for a friends birthday. We made reservations, so we didnt wait too long for seating. It took them a little while to take our orders, so I'd say the service was average. My friend and I shared le petit feast which was a nice vegan friendly option- just watch out for the feta cheese and the yogurt dip. The pitas were unfortunately served cold and the rest of the dishes were a little lacking in flavour. What stood out to me were the cauliflower (mmm!), crispy/crunchy falafels and the tabbouleh salad. The hummus and baba ghanoush were okay, but not outstanding. I also found the salad way too oily. Maybe my expectations were too high, having eaten super delicious vegan food at other places for a fraction of the price.

Pros: Various vegan friendly options, Options to share/try various dishes

Cons: Expensive , Average tasting food-pitas were cold!, Dim lighting

Lovely lentils - Edit

We had a lentil dish (and hummus, and rice, and salad, and olives, and many other dishes) that I am dreaming about months later. I would definitely recommend this as a lunch or dinner destination in Vancouver.

Good enough options - Edit

This Nuba in Kitsilano is pretty big and has interesting features. The menu is different at lunch and dinner but I only went for dinner a couple of times. The food was ok, very similar to the other Nubas in town. Menu is very vegan friendly, everything is clearly marked vegetarian or vegan. However I thought the food was just ok, nothing amazing. I recently shared the Petite Feast with my friend, the hummous was quite greasy and salty and the pita didn't taste that good. It's pretty dark in there so hard to take photos.
I also had the eggplant and chickpea stew which was decent.
The problem is that my clothes smell like a grease shop when I come out of there, and I am not a big fan of that!

Pros: Multiple vegan options, Great location

Cons: Smells like fried food (vent issue?), Not that cheap for what you get

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nuba - Kitsilano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.