Nova Krova

• Vegan
Contact 501078868

Plac Wolnica 3/2, Krakow, Poland, 31-060

Vegan place near the Kazimierz district serving primarily burgers with also soup, salad, smoothies, daily specials. Free Wi-Fi in a relaxed atmosphere. Uses seasonal and ecological products. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by AriannaVeg

A new cow is in town - Edit

This is currently one of at least 3 vegan burger joints in Kraków. Whilst my favourite is indeed Krowarzywa this one comes very close to quality and taste. The burgers are huge. Honestly. We went for a seitan one and one with tofu which are around 15PLN (approx £3 GBP) with some fries and a couple of bottles of Polish Pilsener. Fab location overlooking the expansive Plac Wolnica in Kazimierz, you are in a prime position to people watch at the window seat. I would say this is a must go place in Kraków for a vegan feast. You probably won't need anything for the remainder of the day

Pros: good burgers, value , location

Cons: not great salad

Massive burgers - Edit

Not the best burgers in town but still really good and delicious veggie fries. I got the tomato soup because I felt like something healthy and light and there was about 2 tablespoons of oil drizzled on top. I luckily could scoop it out, but I honestly thought it was unnecessary.

Pros: Nice food, Good prices

Cons: Too much oil in / on soup

World's Best Burgers - Edit

I have travelled A LOT and eaten my fair share of vegan burgers but WOW! Just WOW. I had the Seitan burger several times as well as the mixed veg chips and both are fantastic. The staff are super funny and friendly, the music is great, the location is nice and the decor is pleasing. And really really affordable food and drinks. I very much recommend this place!

Best fries - Edit

Big variety of vegan food, from soups, burgers, pastas to cakes.
They make my fave fries from beetroots, celeriac and potatoes.
They also have not bad burgers, but sometimes cutlets can be dry.
Good localization; you can grab some food and go on a walk by the Vistula river.

Pros: all vegan, localization, variety of foods

Decent burgers - Edit

We had some tasty burgers from this place, and there is lots of choice. The seitan burger was really good and filling: it had a toasted wholemeal bun, a huge slab of seitan, a delicious slice of baked beetroot and really tasty sauce. My boyfriend was less impressed with the bean burger - he said the flavour of the patty was overwhelmed by the plum sauce, which was a bit too sweet. The root vegetable fries were absolutely perfect, and the cakes were good too. Service was fast and friendly, and it's in a great location for tourists.

Amazing - Edit

We tried tofu and seitan burgers which were absolutely tasty. Salads were also very good. Good range of original drinks. great atmosphere with nice waiters and great music. Reasonable prices for this quality.

Pros: Taste, Portions, Atmosphere

Amazing burgers - Edit

It was such a treat to find 100% vegan burger place in Krakow. We went twice in our 3 days in Krakow, because it was so good! Specials included an awesome fried dumpling pie filled with potato and vegan cheese. This satisfied my cravings for Ruskie pierogies, which had cheese typically!

Pros: Ruskie Pierogi Pie!, Awesome burgers, Great staff

Delicious - Edit

I cannot even begin to describe how happy I was to finally find a 100% vegan burger place in Krakow.. the fries are delicious, the salads are all fresh, and the burgers are amazing with lots of sauces and toppings to choose from. My favorite is the tempeh one. My only two complaints are that the soy milk latte was quite small for the price and the falafel burger was a bit dry. But overall, LOVE this place and I'm in there way too often :)

Not great - Edit

Couldn't eat tofu burgers as they were so burnt and hard I could not bite into the tofu and had to leave it off. Dined there 3 times and always had inedible tofu in it so won't be going back.

Nice atmosphere though

Pros: Good feel place , Nice bread

Cons: Burnt ingredients , Veg chips to thin and oily

tasty ! - Edit

Great selection of burgers. Also the salad especially the potato salad was very good. The beers were all warm so we tried a beer mix drink but that was not so good.

Pros: all vegan , big choice of burgers

Fantastic little place - Edit

I looked up Novakrova on happy cow before a work trip to Krakow as I knew the local cuisine would not be great for vegetarians/vegans.
I found the place easily and visited in the late afternoon and there were a small number of people eating here with a good atmosphere.
A sign in the window said "100% vegan" which was reassurring!
I had the seitan burger and it really was delicious! he price was very reasonable too.
If I go back I'll have the quinoa burger which also sounded great. There was a choice of around six different vegan burgers which all sounded very nice.
The only downside was that the bottled beer was not very nice.

Pros: Great choice, Really tasty

Cons: Poor beer

Really tasty burgers - Edit

Went to Novakrova on our first night to Krakow.

Location is really nice, interior maybe a bit basic but modern.

The burgers are a charm, had the the Quinoa one with glazed onions. Yummi!

Waiting time was a bit long, but I guess the feeling was due to being really hungry :)

Only downside is that they have no outdoor seating area..

Pros: Lovely staff, Awesome Burger, Reasonably priced

Cons: no outdoor seating

Great burgers and gluten free options - Edit

This is an amazing restaurant! Me and my boyfriend tried the millet and the chickpea burgers which are available with normal or gluten free bread. We also tried a salad (particularly good) and vegetable fries and it was all really tasty! I loved the way the restaurant was decorated, the staff were super friendly and it was good value for money. I would definitely recommend this place, good job!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 09, 2015

Pros: Gluten free options

Great burgers! - Edit

Novakrova is 100% vegan and that's why I keep coming back. They have a pretty large verity of vegan burgers (seitan, tofu, Fava beans etc) and the fries are awesome. They also have desserts but it never tried any.

Lots of variety! - Edit

I didn't try a burger but they all looked amazing with plenty to choose from (millet, quinoa, seiten and tofu patties, to name just a few, with vegan mayo and lots of yummy looking toppings). I opted for a soup and salad. The soup was very large, filling and tasty. The salad was nice and fresh (I would have paid more for a bigger serving but they only have very small salad portions). My only issue was the service was very slow, but I think it may have been a server mix up as most other people I saw got their food promptly. Would definitely go back to try the burgers! The burrito also looked delicious.

Pros: Yummy, Lots of options, Fresh and healthy

Cons: Slow service

That is a tasty burger - Edit

Just across from cafe melynck at pl wolnic. Easy to find. Bright and clean and quite a trendy wee place. Good selection of burgers and drinks at reasonable prices. Kazimierz is a great area to stay in krakow.

Pros: tasty burgers, friendly staff, Good prices

Best vegan burgers! - Edit

We have visited Krakow at the end of December 2014. After a long and active day in Krakow we wanted something to eat and found Novakrova on HappyCow website. The reviews were good so we decided to give ti a go.

Amazing and warm atmosphere, good service and best vegan burger we have ever had. I tried quinoa and spinach one and my boyfriend tried falafel burger. We order a side dish of fries (potato, beet and carrots), and a beet-soup as a starter. And may I just say "Yuuummmmmm!!!"

Pros: Great burgers and fries, Not so expensive

Cons: Not so close to the center of Krakow

Friendly and relaxed - Edit

We visited Novakrova late in the evening when they were basically closing but we still got to try their burgers. My choice: millet/sundried tomatoes one (there are at least 6 to choose from, different toppings, sauces and buns, including gluten free).

The burger was very tasty but I guess I've been spoiled by Warsaw's Krowarzywa, best vegan burgers ever so only 4 stars:)

Pros: friendly staff, lots of options to choose from, 100% vegan

Cons: no beer served

Good Vegan Cake but no burgers! - Edit

We visited Novakrova at the weekend and sampled the cakes which were good, but unfortunately when we went back on Monday for burgers they were having problems with their electricity supply and so no hot food was available...boo!!
Will try again next time as they did look good and there was at least 6 to choose from.

Pros: Nice Cake

Cons: Not very central

Amazing burgers - Edit

Novakrova is amazing place! They have really delicious and awesome 100% vegan burgers. We were in Krakow for 3 days and visited this place twice. Nice staff, english menu, free wifi, cozy inside, also fries are very good.

Pros: Tasty burgers, Nice staff, Lovely place

Cons: don't accept credit cards

Great burger, good cake! - Edit

I chose to come here because it was the only 100% vegan place in Krakow and I was not disappointed!
After having visited the old Jewish district of Krakow I came here for lunch and had a Falafel burger. Delicious and huge!
Afterwards I had a chocolate-cheese-cake, which was good, but eg the one I had at Najadacze.pl in Wroclaw was better. This one was a bit stiff, but otherwise good in taste.
Would come here again :)

Pros: food

Cons: nope.

Poland-Krakow - Edit

I was in Krakow two years ago. I recommend you to go there. It's beautiful old 's city and, moreover, you can eat good vegetarian meal. You know, good
restaurant, good food you can enjoy trip ;)

Pros: cheaper food, nice girl, nice vibe

Cons: little space, too many people

NICE but needs improvements - Edit

Generally the idea of restaurant is very good. But in needs a lot of improvements.
I ordered vegan quinoa burger with spinach- the "patty" turned out too salty and generally awful. Bun is also very thick, hard and difficult to eat. Maybe the burger was not the best choice. Planning to go once again and eat sth different.
Big adv.- a lot of burgers and other dishes to choose from. You can even create your own combination. Vegan cheese available.
Design and serving of dishes is perfect. Prices are ok too.
The stuff was not ok, they lady in the bar didn't even show us menu. She wasn't very helpful or talkative.

Pros: design, a lot of posibilities to choose, 100% vegan

Cons: stuff, not delicious- maybe wrong choice

Delicious food in a cafe setting - Edit

This seems to be one of the hot places in Krakow right now! We were there at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and got the last table.

We tried the seitan burger and felafel burger along with a salad and chips. The burgers were generously stuffed with different fillings and tasted fantastic. You also have the choice of white, brown or gluten free bread. The chips were also a highlight as they were potato and beetroot (and carrot I think).

They weren't serving alcohol but it looks like they have it on the menu so I'm not sure if there was some licensing issue or something when we were there. Nice soft drinks and some tasty looking cakes available, perhaps for another day!

Pros: Amazing burgers, Good portion sizes, Nice atmosphere

Cons: No alcohol

Tastes Amazing And Cool Store - Edit

If youre vegan in krakow you have to visit this place. It would be a shame going not tasting their Seitan burger (strong reccomendation!)! Their cake is delicious as well, when I visited they even had one glutenfree and one sugar free. Salads are also really good and they make good coffee. The interior design of the cafe makes it a cool visit as well. So if youre in Krakow visit here!

Pros: Burgers, Delicious, Healthy As Well

Cons: No Menu In English

Seitan burger 4 life! - Edit

I'm totally in love with Novakrova. Honestly, this place is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to going to Kraków again ;)
I would give more than 5 stars if it was possible, both for food and interior design.

Pros: FOOD!, Interior design, pets are welcomed inside

Cons: definitely NONE!

nice place and a great choice! - Edit

ive been to novakrova only once and had just a gluten free apple cake and kompot (stewed fruit) but its enough to write only positive about the place and its food! big interior nice staff and a vast choice (GF options available).
and a good price is an additional plus!

Pros: tasty food , nice staff, inexpensive

Best place in Cracow - Edit

This place is awesome! Burgers just don't get any healthier than this. These guys probably have the largest vegan menu in town. The food, the service, and the interior design are all great. You must try seitan burger and tofu burger.

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nova Krova closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7406 times since Feb 2014.