Nova Krova

Contact 501078868

Plac Wolnica 3/2, Krakow, Poland, 31-060

Vegan place near the Kazimierz district serving primarily burgers with also soup, salad, smoothies, daily specials. Free Wi-Fi in a relaxed atmosphere. Uses seasonal and ecological products. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by AriannaVeg

Ok food - Edit

Went here because their webpage said they had gluten free buns, which they didn't (I guess they were out?) I had tofu with cheese and mayo instead, with fried beetroot chips. It was ok. Don't think I will return but I'm sure it's a better experience for those who can eat gluten. I thought the place was closed from the outside as the lighting inside is very dim, if they want more customers they should add spotlights near their window. Cool atmosphere! Would recommend to gluten tolerant vegans.

Disappointing - Edit

I don't normally like leaving bad reviews, but we went here twice in our four days and both times left us disappointed.

The place itself is really nice and is great to have somewhere that's laid back you can go late evening, and the staff were nice and really helpful.
They've got a fully translated english menu and it's location is easy to find.

Food wise- the burgers AND fries on our first visit were so so greasy, I can't think of it now without feeling sick. It fell apart and was so messy. The fries hadn't been left long enough to 'drip', so had to dab with tissue, then left half as we couldn't handle it.

Decided to give another go and returned late night for a treat- hot chocolate and cake!
They didnt have whipped cream (but still charged full price). It was luke warm at best and was full of unadvertised desiccated coconut (is this a polish thing?! who knows). it was awful.
one cake was really nice (apple pie), the other was tofu based and SO dense that part of it was kind of inedible.

The staff were lovely but always seemed rushed.
However there is *something* nice about this place, I feel if we return to Krakow I'd go again and hope third time's a charm!

Cons: far too greasy

Fantastic food and service. - Edit

Upon arrival we were warned it would be an hour before we were fed, it was made very clear. We ordered some of the falafel burgers with fries and they came to the table in less than an hour. Tasted phenomenal, really filling and the fries' serving was huge and delicious. A couple stormed out apparently because they got tired of waiting after about 15 minutes, even though their fries had come out. The staff were apologetic but had given fair and clear warning of waiting times.

A really good menu, plenty of choice, everything was vegan.

Pros: great choices of food, loads of drinks choices

Cons: waiting time (evening)

Good vegan option - Edit

"New Cow'' is a simple place, good for a filling, vegan lunch. Big burgers loaded. Options like tofu, seiten, grain burgers. Try the fresh, veg fries - potato, beetroot, celer,

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-23

Pros: Fresh made to order, Fairly fast.

great place - Edit

I had a super tasty creamy beetroot soup with a kale, banana, soy milk and spirulina smoothie. Soy milk is also used for coffees. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Can definitely recommend it!

A new cow is in town - Edit

This is currently one of at least 3 vegan burger joints in Kraków. Whilst my favourite is indeed Krowarzywa this one comes very close to quality and taste. The burgers are huge. Honestly. We went for a seitan one and one with tofu which are around 15PLN (approx £3 GBP) with some fries and a couple of bottles of Polish Pilsener. Fab location overlooking the expansive Plac Wolnica in Kazimierz, you are in a prime position to people watch at the window seat. I would say this is a must go place in Kraków for a vegan feast. You probably won't need anything for the remainder of the day

Pros: good burgers, value , location

Cons: not great salad

Massive burgers - Edit

Not the best burgers in town but still really good and delicious veggie fries. I got the tomato soup because I felt like something healthy and light and there was about 2 tablespoons of oil drizzled on top. I luckily could scoop it out, but I honestly thought it was unnecessary.

Pros: Nice food, Good prices

Cons: Too much oil in / on soup

World's Best Burgers - Edit

I have travelled A LOT and eaten my fair share of vegan burgers but WOW! Just WOW. I had the Seitan burger several times as well as the mixed veg chips and both are fantastic. The staff are super funny and friendly, the music is great, the location is nice and the decor is pleasing. And really really affordable food and drinks. I very much recommend this place!

Best fries - Edit

Big variety of vegan food, from soups, burgers, pastas to cakes.
They make my fave fries from beetroots, celeriac and potatoes.
They also have not bad burgers, but sometimes cutlets can be dry.
Good localization; you can grab some food and go on a walk by the Vistula river.

Pros: all vegan, localization, variety of foods

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nova Krova closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.