Nourish Cafe

Contact 415-571-8780

189 6th Ave (at Richmond District), San Francisco, California, USA, 94118

Plant-based, organic, whole food cafe opened Feb 2015 in the Richmond District. Uses natural sweeteners and minimal oil. Salads and sandwiches available from 11am. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-7:00pm, Fri 7:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by SFRobbie

wow fresh lovely! - Edit

Sweet atmosphere. Open kitchen- clean and everyone seems to enjoy working there. Smiling faces and colourful smoothies! Cozy, small, fresh place someone put a lot of thought in.
Food is interesting, fresh and delicious.

delicious - Edit

i ordered some food from here off postmates and it was fresh, delicious and very filling. the portion was large but it was all whole plant based foods which i really appreciated. i feel like my meal was one of the healthiest ones i have ever eaten out as my plate was colorful from all the produce.

Pros: fresh, healthy, tasty

Cons: slightly pricey

fresh vegan food - Edit

Great little place. Light, airy atmoshpere where you can see all the food being made right behind the counter which is covered in vegan desserts, many of which are organic and oil free. We got iced chai lattes which were delicious and two grain and veggie bowls which were very healthy and tasty. We got an amazing oil free vegan chocolate donut for dessert. The acai bowls and smoothies looked good as well.

love it! - Edit

it's so rare to find a place that doesn't rely on excess salt, sugar and oil to make salads and otherwise healthy whole foods delicious! i had the baked falafel salad and it was really yummy... will definitely be back often. also the "ding dong" was an amazing, much appreciated treat.

Pros: whole foods , oil-free options, cute cafe with friendly staff

Cons: closes too early on weekends!

Points for being totally vegan - Edit

This is a cute little cafe but I was unimpressed with what my friend and I ordered. I ordered the soup of the day (creamy asparagus) which I found very bland. We also ordered some sweets to snack on (puddings and nut balls) which also lacked flavor. The only thing I enjoyed which my friend didn't like was the smoothie. As a strict vegan who hugely supports 100% plant based restaurants I'm disappointed that I have to say my experience was below average. I would find it hard to return to this cafe when I know of so many other amazing vegan restaurants around.

Pros: 100% plant based cafe

Cons: Average food quality

Yum! - Edit

Went here for lunch a few weeks ago and liked it a lot. I had the "tuna" salad and it was fantastic. The other two people in my party had the acai bowl (which was apparently very good) and the Bahn Mi sandwich (which he said was pretty good). It's a very cute cafe and the employees are very nice. We'll definitely be back. :-)

Good find, cute place - Edit

My husband and I luckily found Nourish right before the lunch crowd came (thanks to Happy Cow). It was great to find this place in Inner Richmond. We ordered the burrito and the 'tuna' salad, both of which were good but not outstanding. The 'tuna' was interesting and tasty but the salad was mostly lettuce and the burrito was filling but lacked a definitive flavour kick. I'd definitely like to try some of the other options on the menu.

Pros: Lots of delicious sounding options, Nice environment, Friendly staff

Cons: A little pricey

A real find! - Edit

I can't believe there are no other reviews yet of this wonderful little gem in the Richmond District. We are very excited to see how quickly they have caught on--every time I go in they seem to have 5-6 people scrambling in the open kitchen to keep up with the mostly take-out orders. In a half-dozen visits, we've tried almost everything savory on the menu and you can't go wrong--organic, super fresh salads, hearty and healthy creative sandwiches. Order ahead if you want to avoid the 10+ min wait during busier times.

Pros: good portions, excellent food

Cons: just a few tables--mostly take out, parking is tight

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nourish Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.