No Milk Today

Contact 03081797797

Fichtestr. 3 (at Kreuzberg), Berlin, Germany, 10967

A little vegan cafe offering sugar-free and healthy small dishes plus soups, cakes, coffee/tea, quiche, and smoothies. Takes reservations. Est. Oct 2013. Tue-Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by bhukit-tima

Great cakes, very cosy - Edit

I was here for a cappuccino and a slice of cake and really enjoyed it. The place is very cosy, nicely decorated, has wifi, and the choice is vast. Several cakes including no gluten and no refined sugar options

Pros: Vegan, gluten free, no sugar, many options

Cons: Payed 7 eur for a slice of cake and a cappuccino

loved this place!!! - Edit

I went out of my way to come here and was so so happy I did. The place is adorable and has loads of drink and food options. I had a salad, a milkshake, and an apple crumble - all were awesome. Definitely coming back. Tiny bit pricey but that's the area for you. Service was also very friendly and fast

Pros: taste, good portion size (not too big), variety

Cons: bit pricey (not too bad)

Disappointing - Edit

I crossed half of Berlin to have lunch there and i was really disappointed. I paid almost 4 euros for a small piece of quiche without any side salad or anything. Small piece of cake as well - for the price. I was still hungry afterwards. It's a nice cafe with a cosy atmosphere but really overpriced and portions are too small. I won't eat there again, but it's a nice spot just for coffee.

Pros: Nice location, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive, small portions

No milk today neither tomorrow - Edit

No Milk Today is a great place in a great Berlin neighbourhood.
Not only do they have awesome coffee, but I am amazed by their soups time and again some of which are surprisingly tasty creations I have never heart of before. Once I had a beetroot cocos soup or something like that, really tasty.
Few times I enjoyed a bagel and was never disappointed. Quiche: Savoury and delicious. All of the ingredients are fresh and yummy; except the cookies can be a bit mushy sometimes.
Cappuccino fans will get theirs money worth, as there are plenty of no-milk beverages
Took me a while to discover the more cosier back room.
All in all always worth a visit. Don't go there on a Monday though. They are closed. Happened to me at least two times.

Pros: fresh ingredients, good attitude, classy coffee

Cons: closed Mondays

A great coffee break in Kreuzberg - Edit

On a walking tour of Kreuzberg, we stopped here for coffee and cake. We tried a delicious apple-cinnamon cake. The location is great, I could imagine reading a book or working on my computer there. Spot the hidden DDR gas pumps and the Lenin statue in the neighbourhood.

bad - Edit

we went here a few times, the first time it was decent.. food was ok and service was ok. The second time we returned optimistic, the food was underwhelming at best and they overcharged us both times, when I told them about this they seemed very reluctant to refund me the mistake! I will also mention that my wife enquired about working at this place and they said they 'dont employ foreigners'!! Its a real shame as the location is nice, the concept is nice and everything from the outside looks like it will be great, I think maybe they need to improve their attitude as a business.

Pros: location, vegan

Cons: attitude, cost

no milk today we are very sorry to read that you weren´t happy with your visit(s) at no milk today! unfortunately you didn´t complain on site?! for us it seems not fair to write a bad review in retrospect without giving us the chance to talk about it personally. but either way we want to apologize, especially for the wrong bill our team member made. there is only one thing left we want to correct: of course we employ foreigners - but one important condition is being able to talk german. i hope you understand that we cannot only talk english with our german guests.

My favorite cafe in Berlin! - Edit

I love no milk today so much. They have coffee, smoothies, milkshakes, quiches, tofu scramble, baked goods, soup...so many good things! And the space is perfect: super cozy, just big enough, with wifi, and the staff is always really nice!

trendy vegan café - Edit

Located in a trendy area, No milk today became a popular vegan café. It looks like a typical café compared with all the others around. But the special thing is, that it's a vegan café. They offer coffee with soy milk, vegan cake, smoothies and all that stuff. Well, nice place. The cake was okay, the bagel and soup was good. I had better ones for a better price though.

Unfortunately not - Edit

I had breakfast at this place. Ordered scrambled tofu and a green smoothie. The scrambled tofu was basically tasteless and dry, kinda old. The green smoothie was bitter and way too expensive. I just think that the vegan scene in Berlin is so popular, that unfortunately some restaurants have non vegan owners/cooks who don't really know how to prepare/handle the ingredients.

Pros: Tasteless food

Hidden Treasure of Berlin - Edit

I recently went to Berlin for a weekend trip... visited many vegan restaurants and have to say this is my favorite. I asked for recommendations (as you'll typcially be given the best version of anything they make wherever you go) and the lady taking my order told me the latte with vanilla soy milk... now I know what you're thinking, "it's just another cup of joe with alternative milk..." This, no exaggeration, was the best cup of coffee I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I ordered a second one after the first. It couldve been a dessert, no added sugar, seriously. Among that cup of heaven I also tasted the "Größ Frühstrück," a happy menagerie of croissants, breads, fruits, and spreads! Because I knew I wouldnt be back in Berlin for a while I went ahead and took a slice of cheesecake to pair with my second cup of coffee. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place! Great music great atmosphere, away from the busy city center nestled in a beautiful neighbor area and close to parks and a river so walking around is great too. Very passionate staff and if you ask nicely you can get the wifi password ;)

Pros: the coffee!! , The employees , The atmosphere/ very comfortable

Cons: cash only

Awesome - Edit

We had breakfast here and it was really nice!! Probably the best scrambled tofu I've ever had :) Also had a croissant which was just perfect :)
The milkshake lacked flavor though and the portions are quite small.

Pros: Great taste

Cons: Small portions

vegan WITHOUT HEART - Edit

this is just one of the many vegan fashion extrem expensive restaurant without heart that are growing in berlin like mushrooms.

Me and a friend took a soup for 4.50 should including bread which was the half of a slice of a toast bread, so we asked for please having a bit more as we were really hungry so we got other 2 pieces of cold bread from freezer...the surprise was that this was charged for 1.20 without saying nothing, we also complayned because with so few clients why treat the people so bad? then waited at least 30 minuts for havig the soup on the table...

sorry but this is totally not the right vegan spirit i would be treated with much more heart and respect when eating a vegan felafel..
it is really miserable to see how vegan cook and vegan restaurants cafe owner became posh and greedy :(

Very nice, great food, nice people - Edit

We went over to No Milk Today for lunch and had a filled bagel and the all day breakfast.
The bagel was warm and very scrummy, the all day breakfast was (thankfully) even nicer and was a selection of cream cheeses and sweet dips, with a spelt croissant, warm rye bread and apple slices.
We had a cold drink each (bottled) followed by a rooibos tea and I had a black tea with soya milk.
Such a lovely place to eat and have lunch.

Pros: nicely presented, clean loo!, helpful relaxed staff and atmosphere

Great place. - Edit

Cute place with a nice atmosphere. If you want to have breakfast here, I'd recommend the bagels and/or the tofu scramble.

The food is really good (and reasonably priced), the cakes are delicious, and the staff is friendly.

Pros: Good food, calm & cosy atmosphere, friendly staff

Bestes veganes Cafe im Kiez - Edit

Alles was ich hier gegessen habe war lecker! Alles ist zudem selbst gemacht und Bio Fair Trade!!! Ich kann die Vollkorn Quiche und die Cookies empfehlen. Der Kaffee schmeckt lecker, es gibt viel Auswahl an Getränken auch frische Säfte! Ein rundum stimmiges Konzept! Die Preise sind mehr als angemessen. Ich komme gerne wieder.

Lovely café - Edit

The café has a really nice interior, the staff is friendly and the poppyseed-cake I had was awesome! I also ate a quiche, which was delicious.
It is a perfect spot to meet some friends, relax, drink vegan latte and enjoy a nice piece of cake.

Pros: lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, reasonable prices

Cons: bit hard to find coming from the subway

lecker, freundlich, chillig - Edit

Wir haben uns eben mal komplett durch die Karte gefuttert. Egal ob Kuchen, Brownies, Quiche oder Bagel: alles war hausgemacht und richtig lecker. Der Laden ist typisch Kreuzberg eingerichtet und lädt zum Chillen ein. Es ist grade schwer wieder aufzustehen :-)

Quaint Little Cafe - Edit

The staff are so friendly here and the atmosphere is very calm. The quaint location helped set the mood for a relaxed afternoon of dessert tasting. They offer great selection from regular vegan desserts to raw vegan desserts to gluten free vegan desserts, which is a plus. I liked the spelt croissant, it was very flaky and nutty. I also got to try rice whipped cream for the first time, and it was fabulous! The lady working there even showed me the brand and everything. Overall, a really great experience. We ordered a soy latte, soy milkshake, chocolate and peanut cookie, spelt croissant, raw chocolate cake, and a cake with rice whipped cream.

Pros: very friendly staff, selection for all types of vegans

great for lunch or a light dinner - Edit

If you're after a bite to eat and a juice and maybe something sweet, you can't go wrong with No Milk Today. The quiche is good and there is usually a good choice of sweets.

Cosy café with friendly staff and tasty food - Edit

We’ve stopped at this place to grab something to eat while cycling through Berlin on our weekend trip there. The food choice wasn’t astounding but it’s understandable, since it’s a café, not a restaurant or a bar. We were surprised how cosy we felt there and the staff was very friendly. We ate a soup and a quiche and would be happy to return for more some day!

Cozy cafe and great food - Edit

Super cozy cafe with English menu and friendly English speaking staff. It looks like MidCentury meets country kitchen.

Great decor and very comfortable. So much so that I really didn't want to leave especially on a cold night with a bowl of yummy hot soup and tea. Their bagel sandwiches are great too.

Pros: Very cozy, Friendly staff, Excellent food

Cons: Closed Monday

cozy - Edit

I like this place. Even if the choice of cakes is not my taste so far, it´s beautiful and they offer all kinds of milk alternatives, not only soy.

Pros: all kind of "milk", cozy, friendly

Cons: cakes not what I like so far

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has No Milk Today closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7633 times since Nov 2013.