First Review by wackypig

So good! - Edit

I seriously love this place! My husband and I always get the same thing: falafel sandwich on whole wheat pita with a side of kale salad and a side of lentil salad. This meal never gets old. I could literally eat this meal every other day and not get sick of it. They have the best falafel sandwiches packed full of fresh falafels, generous amounts of tahini with unique pickles, lettuce, parsley, and turnips (oh, and tomatoes which I omit). Don't be fooled by those turnips - they pickle them or something which makes them a very nice addition to the sandwich. The staff is friendly and they do their best to get everyone's food out to them as quickly as possible.

Pros: Best falafel sandwich - ever, Friendly staff

Cons: During their busy time parking can be difficult , They serve animal flesh

Great Baba Ganouj - Edit

I love their baba ganouj, stuffed grape leaves, and jalapeno-cilantro hummus. I really appreciate that they have whole-wheat pita bread, but be forewarned that if you buy a package of it to take home, it tends to mold over at room temperature within 2-3 days because it is preservative-free. So eat it up within that time.

Great Mediterranian Fare - Edit

Neomonde is a great go-to place in Raleigh for Mediterranean food (though I would recommend Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill over Neomonde in the overall Triangle area). The falafel sandwich is fantastic, as is their grape leaves (my favorite) and tabbouleh, as well as other veg*n dishes they have in rotation.

Everything in their deli case is labeled as being vegetarian or vegan, which is INCREDIBLY helpful. The staff is very nice, and it is a lovely local, family-owned place.

Pros: Great food, Excellent food labeling, Friendly and family-owned

Cons: Parking can be tricky sometimes, Long-ish wait if during lunch

Always delicious! - Edit

I can't get enough of Neomonde. Their food is always fresh and tasty. I love that it's counter service, so it's affordable and the closest thing to veg-friendly fast-food we have in Raleigh. We eat here about every weekend. I even got my omnivore co-workers hooked, and they go weekly, too. Neomonde Catering is exceptional for parties and office lunches.

I find the ordering process and payment line chaotic, especially at peak times, so a little patience is needed (or maybe I'm just hungry and grumpy when I arrive).

Pros: Outstanding, fresh veg-friendly food, Affordable, Great variety

Cons: Frequently crowded

Really good!!! - Edit

The food was excellent! Everything was really fresh. They offer a lot of vegan options, with a lot of variety. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There was plenty of room between tables so you can really enjoy the conversation.

Pros: Budget friendly, Helpful staff, Really good food

Awesome vegan options - Edit

I have been eating at Neomonde even before I became a plant-based eater! They have amazing options and they are decently priced. It's worth the wait if you have to wait. At the counter, they have all or most of the ingredients listed - if you ask to make sure, they'll tell you. Just thinking about the food makes me want it! The outside seating is really cute.

Also, their little grocery store has vegan options for people and the items are well priced. Every time I go there, I stock up. I wish they had vegan baked good options. That would make the place SUPER awesome. :)

Pros: well priced, delicious food, friendly

Cons: no vegan baked goods

One of My Favorites - Edit

There are numerous vegan options at the deli counter, so I don't know what the first review here is talking about. Every time I go, I can eat a ton of awesome Middle Eastern food (the owners are Lebanese) for a comparatively small amount of money. If you're at all unsure about the ingredients, just ask! The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

I always buy a big pack of dried dates here, as well as a few pounds of bulk olives. This is the cheapest place to get these things in Raleigh that I've found so far.

Whenever I have people visiting, I always take them to Neomonde, whether they're vegan or omni. I've yet to have someone go away dissatisfied.

Pros: friendly staff, good value, delicious food

Cons: crowded

Lots of Vegan Options! - Edit

I am not sure about the other reviewers. Neomonde has great vegan options. In fact, most of the items in the cold bar are vegan, and there are always several vegan items in the hot bar. In my opinion, they have one of the best vegan selections in the area. The food is super yummy. And be sure to check out the attached market. They have lots of bulk items for relatively cheap. They even have some cute vegetarian t-shirts for sale. Not to mention the patio is a great place to dine outside! Only downside is that there are no vegan desserts. :(

Great late evening snack! - Edit

I ended up at Neomonde on a Saturday around 8:30 in the evening. I was pleasantly surprised at the extensive offerings at the deli counter (hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli salad, baba ganouj) as well as their sandwich menu. I ended up with a falafel sandwich, and my friends ended up with a few pounds of goodies to take home. The only draw back was that they misunderstood my order. I ordered 2 falafel sandwiches (one for me, one for the boyfriend), and they only served us (and charged us for) one. Luckily, the 2 halves were big enough to share! They also have a small grocery store where you can pick up fresh pitas and hard-to-find mediterranean items.

Pros: many vegan choices, good value, big portions

Cons: got my order wrong

No Vegan Options - Edit

Visited on a weekday night. There were no vegan options available in the deli counter. Very disappointed.

Return to Raleigh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Neomonde Baking Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2611 times since Aug 2007.