Sattva Naturbageriet

Stora Nygatan 6, Stockholm, Sweden, 111 27

A small, natural and organic bakery and cafe. In addition to baked goods and cakes it also offers sandwiches (which have dairy cheese), coffee and drinks. Has gluten-free and vegan baked goods; uses honey in some pastries. Their lunch cafe is Cafe Fleminggatan in Stockholm. Tube Gamla Stan. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Bakery, European, Swedish

First Review by c h r i s t i n a

Bread is great too! - Edit

I visited this bakery in May 2016.

I was not sure it was open because their webpage is not working at all, and their last Facebook update was long time ago; but I'm glad they are still there!

As other reviews mentioned, the cinnamon rolls are very good!
But their "german bread" (rye bread made with sourdough, no yeast) is also very very yummy!
If you like bread (like I do), I highly recommend it.

On that day, they had one sandwich which was vegetarian; but everything else was vegan according to the staff.
There were many things to choose from besides the rolls and bread (carrot cake, some sweets from coconut, some savory baked goods).

Finally, the staff was friendly and eager to let you know what each product was. There were two tables on the outside, so if you're lucky, you might even be able to take a seat.

Good place to grab something for the way or for a quick bite!

Note:
It seems they have another cafe in the following address:
Krukmakargatan 27
T-Mariatorget
Opening hours are the same as this.
It's written in their business card, but since I didn't checked it until I was gone, I couldn't confirm with them.

Updated from previous review on 2016-05-22

Pros: variety, good value, yummy

Cons: not 100% vegan

Best cinnamon rolls! - Edit

What a relief to find some vegan cinnamon rolls in Stockholm!
And those were really good!
The cafe offers several types of vegan pastries so we also tried one filled with vanilla cream and poppy seeds on top, amazing!

Pros: Pastries, Location

Wonderful little bakery - Edit

Faboulus café with great pasties, flawless service and excellent coffee. They handled my order of a de-caf latte on oatly without blinking. It was even moderately priced. Will definitely go there again!

awesome vegan baked good - Edit

Worth the trip over! I loved my vegan Cinnamon roll and vegan apple fritter. The staff was very friendly and pointed out the different vegan options and which had honey. I wish I could have eaten more. I will be going back.

Pros: so many vegan options, super friendly staff

Cons: need to open before 10am, my stomach isn't big enough to eat it all

Cinnamon Buns, cinnamon buns, cinnamon buns - Edit

I had the cinnamon bun every morning, so if that doesn't tell you anything...
I am just gutted I can't find any vegan cinnamon buns like this (or at all) in London.

Pros: Lovely Swedish vegan pastries

afternoon coffee and pastries - Edit

We were very excited to have afternoon coffee and pastries. Not everything is vegan unfortunately, but the items we did get were delicious, the cinnamon roll and pear pecan tart. There's only a couple of tables outside which were occupied, so we sat inside where we chatted some more with the friendly staff.

Pros: pastries and coffee, nice staff

Cons: not all vegan

Dream bakery - Edit

I wish we had a place like this in London - it is almost perfect. Nearly 100% vegan with so many things to choose from. I'm not used to having this much choice, to be honest. Overwhelming in the best way possible. The pastries and cakes are delicious. Nice coffee, good atmosphere.

Pros: Delicious pastries

Cons: Some things not vegan

Yes, yes, yes! - Edit

The cinnamon rolls are so amazing that I didn’t end up trying anything else and I went multiple times per day! It is such a great feeling to go into a bakery where almost everything is vegan!

Pros: Almost 100% vegan, Cinnamon rolls, Friendly staff

fantastic near vegan bakery - Edit

Really great Cinamonn rolls and other delicious cakes and sweets. Great
Bread as well and almost everything is vegan. Things often taste better then they look here :)

Pros: good prices, very tasty, mostly vegan

incredible - Edit

I feel like it's extraneous to even write a review given the amount of positive reviews already, but this place is incredible.

The prices are extremely good for vegan food in such a touristy spot.

I started when the cinnamon roll and tea and the cinnamon roll was so good that I got another for breakfast and also a muffin. I wish I had gotten more.

However, thanks to happy cow I see that there is another location in Copenhagen, my next stop, so I can go there.

Must stop here.

Amazing place for sweets or fika. - Edit

Had delicious cinnamon rolls, tasty homemade bread, and very good coffee drinks. A really friendly waitstaff happy to chat with visiting tourists. Wish I was able to get back here more than once to try the savory pastries for one of their cakes!

Insert Danish / pastry quip here - Edit

After having to say goodbye to Naturbageriet in Copenhagen, I wept vegan cinnamon roll frosting tears. That is until Naturbageriet Sattva came along and dried them with her tofu, spinach & pine nut quiches. One should make it a point to purchase one of everything they can possibly carry... Also, as most tourist itineraries find one attempting to seek out breakfast before 10-noon, Naturbageriet Sattva is the best, only, obvious choice for vegan sightseeing champions.

Pros: mostly vegan bakery, in Copenhagen AND Stockholm, open way before everything else

Cons: I'm not there now

Amazing little Bakery - Edit

I was in Stockholm for a conference and thanks to Happy Cow I found out about Naturbageriet Sattva. I had breakfast there every morning and bought something to take with me for lunch. I tried something different every day and everything was absolutely delicious. As mentioned in another comment: also the coffee is delicious...

best vegan bakery - Edit

We went there twice while we were in Stockholm because we loved if that much!
try their pear pecan pie and their poppy seed thingy (I forget what it's called :D)

Pros: great prices, delicious pastries, friendly staff

Good bakery with great value for money - Edit

Stockholm is a very expensive city. We visited it for 3 days and it was a pleasure to find Naturbageriet, a small and cozy bakery. Has a great location and competitive prices. You can order tasty and fresh cakes, with a lot of vegan options. Has an interesting variety of sweet and salted options. The staff is very friendly.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 13, 2014

Pros: Vegan options, Location, Value for money

Completely Amazed Me! - Edit

I was eating at a nearby vegetarian buffet and heard about a bakery that had many vegan options. Naturbageriet Sattva was a complete surprise for me. I walked a long way to find it, and when I finally found it, I was kind of disappointed. It looked like a really boring natural bakery - which the name means basically - natural bakery purity (sattva = purity in sanskrit). The place was very minimal and the baked goods were in one small fridge. They looked really blah (like most Swedish desserts: flat, to the point). Since I walked the whole way there, I still loaded up on almost every vegan dessert anyway. I grabbed a cinnamon roll, cakes and cookies, everything. The lady was very nice. She was surprised we were not Swedish because she said every foreigner comes in with a massive backpack (probably all the vegan travelers on a trek from Happy Cow). She explained how an American Buddhist helped make some of the recipes. We walked out of there, packed the desserts away and didn't even try them until that night. To my surprise - they were AMAZING! They were to die for and I gobbled them up with our friend's parents. Lesson: Don't judge a dessert by it's boring exterior!

More of my Swedish vegan reviews: http://www.magasweran.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php?post=787&action=edit&message=6

Pros: AMAZING DESSERT, Nice staff

Cons: Boring looking exterior :)

Good - Edit

The christmas cookies (Speculatius) were reaally good! It was the only thing left because we came on a Saturday and right before he wanted to close. They're gluten-free und vegan. Yummy, still have some left.
Thanks for your work!!

Pros: Tasty, Price ok

Wonderful vegan baked goods - Edit

An excellent place for a fika! Very cozy, has lots of vegan baked goods and lighter food, and interesting drinks. Try their humongous cinnamon rolls!

Pros: Tasty pastries, Friendly staff, Lots of vegan options

Cons: Limited opening-hours, Mighth run out of cinnamon rolls if late

The Best Vegan Bakery I've Ever Found! - Edit

I wish I had known about this bakery sooner. It's the most wonderful bakery in the world, especially for vegans-- 80% of their products are vegan! One man currently runs the shop and is there everyday, holiday or no holiday, because he has customers that come in everyday to buy from him. Honestly, I would do the same if I lived in the area. I was visiting Stockholm only for a short time and found this place at the end of my trip. I can't tell you how much I will miss it! The blueberry muffins are extraordinary, as are the spinach tofu savory pie, müsli cookie, and cinnamon roll pastry, which are all, of course, vegan. In addition, if you ask him to make you coffee, you will be rewarded with the most amazing coffee you probably can find in Stockholm. So, this bakery basically has everything you could ask for. I sincerely hope you will make an opportunity to visit this bakery because it is definitely worth your time. You will be greeted with a sincere smile from the man that runs the shop that will make your day, and it's easy to get to, since it's only a short walk into Old Town from Stockholm Central Station.

Pros: So many healthy vegan baked goods!, The food and coffee tastes amazing!, The man running the shop is so kind.

Cons: That I didn't find it sooner

Wonderful organic bakery with great vegan choice - Edit

This became our favourite place in a recent trip to Stockholm. Wonderful bakery with a great selection of bread, rolls, sweet and savoury pastries to take away or eat on the premises (there is a tiny seating area). Also makes great coffee. I cannot recommend this place enough, it is good value and there is a good range of mostly vegan sweet pastries, savouries and sandwiches that are all served by a very friendly staff and well labelled. Don't miss this place if you are a vegan craving pastries in Stockholm.

Pros: Mostly vgan, Good value, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Small seating area

Organic baked goods - Edit

This is a small shop that sells pies, cookies, muffins, and breads with organic ingredients. They also sell some food items, as well as sandwiches, tea, and coffee. There is a small seating area, although for a real meal one would be much better going across the street to the Hermitage.

This is located in Gamla Stran.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 04, 2006

Pros: organic

Cons: small

AWESOME bakery w/ vegan Swedish pastries! - Edit

I am in love with this place. I visited for three days and went to the bakery at least once every day! Such awesome traditional Swedish baked goods and you would absolutely never know they were vegan!

The cinnamon rolls, poppy-seed danishes, pecan pie, and carrot cake were out of this world delicious. Even my non-vegan boyfriend loved the baked goods at Naturbageriet. I wish I was there longer so I could have tried more of their savory pastries and breads; they all looked so wonderful.

The cashier was extremely friendly and we had a nice long conversation with him.

I literally could not get enough of this place. I died and went to vegan pastry heaven. You MUST go if you're in Stockholm!

Pros: DELICIOUS pastries, traditional Swedish baked goods, reasonable prices

Delicious pastries - Edit

Go buy a kanelsnurra and an organic juice and take them with you to the closest park. Enjoy them with sunshine and a view over the beautiful city of Stockholm.

The pastries, pies and cookies are absolutely delicious. Honey is used in some Indian style desserts, but otherwise everything is vegan. Cinnamon rolls and "feta" pies were great!

Pros: organic ingredients used, glutein free products, early opening hours

Yummy baked goods - Edit

I tried their brownie and buckwheat muffin. Both were amazingly good! I had actually bought them from another store. Then I walked into this shop and found many same items that I'd seen elsewhere. I asked the guy working and apparently they do supply baked goods to health food stores all over the city. The majority of them are vegan; some are gluten-free; some are even made without added sugar. Prices were very reasonable too. This one is right in the center of the old town. It doesn't get better than that!

Pros: delicious products, location, good value

Delicious! - Edit

I was so pleased to stumble across this cute bakery- mostly vegan, they serve beautiful pastries, carrot cake, muffins, pasties, breads- plus a shop with a great selection of organic and fair trade products. Friendly staff and very reasonable price. I would recommend the carrot cake!

Pros: Vegan!, Price.

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sattva Naturbageriet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.