Hermitage

Contact 8-4119500

Stora Nygatan 11, Stockholm, Sweden, 111 27

Cozy vegetarian restaurant conveniently located in Old Town Stockholm and with spectacular views. Provides vegan and vegetarian fare with changing global flavors, such as spicy Moroccan stews and falafel, lasagna and pancakes. Relaxed vibe, has Wi-Fi. Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by astalia

Great location, good vegan options - Edit

When I was last in Stockholm I visited here often as I was staying across the street and the vibe was alright. A lot of passerby tourists end up here, but I also met some vegans & vegetarians. Their all-you-can-eat deal is great if you're really hungry, but I often opted for a light meal, dessert, and coffee. Some items contain dairy so be sure to check even if something looks vegan. Overall, quite good.

Pros: Location, Vegan options

Cons: Dairy

A tourist trap - Edit

Intended to have a plate from their buffet, but prices on their web site are obviously outdated. They insisted on trying to charge me slighly more than they should. Starving as I was, I went for a petit bowl of lentil soup rather than walking away. I was still hungry when I left, and highly unsatisfied.

Pros: Walking distance from Stockholm C.

Cons: False marketing., Disengaged unhelpful staff.

Good choice - Edit

We have visited this restaurant twice during our stay in Stockholm.
On our first visit we had all you can eat menu, for fixed price we were provided with plates and bowls and were able to choose from indian style soup, two main dishes, potatoes, bulgur and rich salat bar. Everything was very tasty.
On our second visit we had just two different cakes and tea. My partner choose almond cake (he got almost double portion for normal price) and it was very good, I had cake with various nuts but it looked better than tasted because it was too hard.

Pros: Very good food, Perfect location, Friendly staff

Cons: Inadequate room between tables

great vegan buffet - Edit

Great vegan buffet. Get there early for the best stuff. Everything was vegan on the buffet except for one obvious cheese dish. Staff was friendly and explained that the fruit dishes were the only baked goods vegan. I really enjoyed the potatoes, noodle dish, and curry soup. Great place to enjoy a cup of tea and watch the world walk by from the patio seating.

Pros: lots of vegan options , great location, patio seating

Cons: not all desserts are vegan, non vegan options could be labeled

Great location and food - Edit

Being located in the center of the old city, the atmosphere is wonderful! Overall the food is great but not exceptional. It is a small restaurant and only a few options for the buffet. Overall I definitely recommend it.

good buffet - Edit

We had the lunch buffet on our first day in Stockholm as we were walking around Gamla Stan. The buffet seemed small, but it was really a lot of food, especially with the extra drawers of food that we didn't notice at first. The buffet had a couple of vegetarian items which the staff pointed out to us. I wish they'd be all vegan since they are so close to it anyways. It was a late lunch, so the place was not crowded and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch with drinks and a lingonberry tart too. Location is definitely a plus too.

Pros: buffet, nice staff, good location

Cons: not all vegan

Good for the hangry - Edit

This place had some good food, generally healthy and almost all vegan. Reasonably priced, and great if you're hungry. I wouldn't usually eat potatoes, rice and bread in one sitting, but I found myself doing so. But that's probably my error of judgement.

They offered us tea and coffee, I went back for a second herbal tea and was shouted at that I was only allowed one - which marred the experience a little but then I am the oversensitive type. Otherwise, nice place for a vegan meal.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Some foods mismatched or didn't really go together, Staff distracted and a little rude

Why can't it be all vegan? - Edit

I always wonder why a place would cook everything vegan except for a sauce (or one dish)? Wouldn't it be so much better if they'd just become officially 100% vegan?

Anyway, I visited on a weekday; and the buffet selection was rather good. There were salads, baked dishes, curries, soup, rice. Tea/Coffee is also included.
I think you'll certainly find something you enjoy.

The only potential problem is that, as it has been mentioned already, that the place is not large enough, so it could get a bit cramped during busy hours.
But location is great, right in the center of Gamla Stan; so I guess it's logical to get so busy.
Prices are also fair, so that's always a plus.

Pros: good selection, good value, great location

Cons: not all vegan

Tasty lunch buffet - Edit

The buffet was 100% vegan the day I went and it was tasty. I liked the mini burritos and the sauerkraut-looking garnish. It was packed at lunchtime and everyone just sits where they can.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Not much space to sit

Great Location - Edit

If you're in Old Town, this is definitely worth a stop. The description says "spectacular views" so I thought maybe there was a rooftop deck or something with views of skyline. Nah. Its street level, small space with a few outdoor tables. But its on a beautiful street in Old Town.

great vegan options! - Edit

My son and I had the dinner buffet on a weekday evening. All but one item (vegetarian lasagna) were vegan -- and there were several items (don't be fooled by how tiny the buffet looks -- I was at first, and turned out there was plenty for us to eat), which the night we were there included a vegetable and seitan stew, a really awesome lentil soup, herbed roasted potatoes, a non-creamy slaw, hummus, and salad options, as well as what seemed to be house-baked multigrain bread. We would definitely return. Loved that it was nestled within the old town! We came on a pretty short trip (four days), so combining things to do was great (I've spent entire days during longer visits to other places sort-of centered around finding decent vegan options).

In love - Edit

This is the first restaurant I loved when I moved to Stockholm and it's still my favourite place to stop when I go shopping or take a round in the city.
The food is always fresh and tasty and, apart from the lasagna, everything is vegan.
You can order their sallads or choose the buffet, and with the last one you can eat how much You want.
Try also their cakes, they are fantastics!

Pros: Quiet place, in the hystorical part of Stockholm,

Cons: Few tables...but you can make a reservation!

The same as everywhere but in a very nice place - Edit

Hermitage is a very small restaurant, so if you come with a bigger party be prepared to wait a bit untill you get a table.

They used to have a menu but have now operated as a buffet restaurant for probably a few years. There are two or three warm dishes and a small but nice salad table. Lasagne is not vegan (what is this "must have lasagne" in Swedish vegetarian restaurants??), about everyhting else usually is.

Pros: Location optimal for tourists., Reasonable price., Eat as much as you will.

Cons: Food is almost the same all the time. , Also the same as in other veg. places.

Great choice for vegans - Edit

This is a warm and cosy restaurant - even though it was snowing heavily, this was worth the walk to the old town and was very well heated as well as serving piping hot food. There are lunchtime (120SEK per person)and afternoon/evening (130SEK per person) buffets, as well as a separate menu and choice of cakes. Hot drinks are 15SEK if purchased with a buffet. We had the lunchtime buffet, served from 11-14, which included four hot dishes, plenty of salad, quinoa, bread, hummous, dipping sauces and dressings, and unlimited water. All items in the buffet were vegan with the exception of one sauce - not sure about the rest of the menu although at least one cake was vegan. It was all-you-can-eat so you can refill the plate many times, though to be honest, after two plates each, we were set for the rest of the day! Staff are friendly and knowledgeable about which items were vegan, and also speak English.

Pros: good value, tasty food, location

Cons: not fully vegan

Vegan food in Gamla Stan - Edit

Great location in those town - lots of vegan options here with a sumptuous buffet for the super hungry. All the food is well seasoned and tasty. It's a relaxed cafe style restaurant. Highly recommended if you're in the city.

Pros: Tasty food, Well priced , Great location

Good lunch spot - Edit

This is a good option if you're on Gamla Stan, it's in a cool area with lots of little shops. It's good value for an all you can eat buffet, but there aren't tons of options. There's a good mix of hot and cold (salads) dishes and soup. But not a lot of variety. It's quite a small location and it gets crowded around the food serving area and it can be interesting finding a place to sit. But the quality of the food is good and almost all of it is vegan and the price is great for the area.

Pros: value for money

Cons: crowded

Simple but tasty - Edit

Hermitage is cosy restaurant in the center of Gamla Stan offering a mainly vegan buffet at an affordable price. The savoury food was really good however the vegan dessert (fruit jam pies) were really two sugary.

Pros: Affordable, central location, nice staff

Cons: Desserts

Loved this place - Edit

I had about 5 or 6 vegan places on my list to check in Stockholm , found on happycow.com.
So i decided to check out this place. i took the 9 euro salad buffet.
The plate was good enough for a triple portion , so not to worry for a small lunch.
I loved it ,and it already seems for me my favorit place in Stockholm for lunch.
You can't beat the price for 9 euro for the quality that you get and the quantity.
There were hot and cold dishes to choose from .
I loved the hot veggie sauce with the vegan meat,
The atmosphere is great , plenty good seats , free WIFI .
Vegan cakes. i have to try a next time , but they looked awesome.
The location is perfect. in the middle of the old centre.
I can recommend to every vegan visitor to check out this place for a good meal at an affordable price.
The staff is very friendly ,they offered me free coffee or tea.
There is a nice outside seating.
Love this place !
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 19, 2015

Pros: affordable price , excellent location, great vegan dish choices

Cons: no cons

For hungry veg*ans in the Old City - Edit

This restaurant is very convenient in Stockholm due to its very central location in the old city. It offers a great veggie buffet which is mainly vegan. You can eat as much as you can at a reasonable price for location and quality. Items of the buffet vary but are all tasty. The place is pleasant and the staff is friendly. They have some vegan desserts (that are not clearly indicated as such) but I found the choice rather limited (only fruits pies which were very sugary, as if they were jam pies). On the whole, you must go there!

Pros: mainly vegan, ad libitum buffet, good tastes, friendly staff, central

Cons: limited choice for desserts, no vegan label

so much good food! - Edit

amazing lunch buffet, and the staff pointed out exactly what was vegan (actually only one item wasn't!).

It's worth saving up some hunger to visit this place, because there's a huge selection and it's all wonderful.

We had a mixed veggie, vegan and omnivorous group, and everyone was extremely happy.

Pros: selection, price, location

Cons: you'll probably be too full for cake.

My Favorite Buffet in Stockholm - Edit

This restaurant is in Gamla Stan, the beautiful old quarter of Stockholm.

The restaurant is quite cosy. Although the buffet is rather small, each of the dishes is very tasty and hits the spot.

The bread is also very fresh and delicious.

If you make it to Gamla Stan, do not miss this place.

Pros: Excellent buffet

Very pleased - Edit

We checked HappyCow and read the reviews and had the chance to try it out, and we were very pleased. The space is cute and cozy, and it offers an incredible view of the city and harbor. We ate here twice, once for the buffet and once for tea & cake. Both times great. The owner and staff are friendly and made us feel welcomed.

Pros: central location, good taste, reasonable prices

There are better places in Stockholm. - Edit

Staff was knowledgeable about which items were vegan (all but the lasagna when I went), though the food itself was somewhat bland. A pretty non-cohesive mix of food items for the day's meal - some ratatouille, a curry with bit of seitan, roast potatoes, and the strangest hummus I've ever tasted. The bread was also fairly bland. Overall unimpressed considering how incredibly busy the restaurant was during lunchtime.

Amazing lunch buffet - Edit

It's been almost a year since I went to this place (wasn't using HappyCow actively by then), but I kept such good memory of it, that I wanted to write this review.

It was just coincidence that we found this place, so good that we did! Who said that Stockholm and specially the city centre were expensive? For 120 SEK (back then -Euro good times- around 12 €) we filled our stomaches with the daily brunch. There were so many options that I ended up rolling out of the restaurant. I loved the detail of the free tap water with lemon and mint in it.

Next time I'm in Stockholm I'll definitely eat there again.

Pros: lunch buffet, fancy tap water, price

decent place, great for the location - Edit

A very pleasant find in the old town.

This is primarily (or solely?) a buffet. It's not very large, though they do have separate buffet and hot food sections. If you don't like buffets you won't like this place, though they seem to have a smaller number of better items than some others do. I ate here multiple times and each time found interesting choices (though nothing much out of the usual).

The staff seem rather indifferent to the clientele, though they're certainly helpful when asked.

Given the location (both the convenient access from many parts of the city, and especially the option of having this in the middle of the old town)—which also gives it a pleasant location to sit at—the prices were surprisingly affordable, and I liked it overall.

Pros: decent buffet, very reasonable prices, some changes across days

Cons: limited selection, slightly indifferent staff

A place to go - Edit

Cosy place to have a peacefull lunchtime.
Easy to go, located in the old city, not far from the Central Station. It was not expensive at all! We paid 110 SEK per person, drinks included (water, tea, coffee). We would go back!

Pros: low price, tasty food, peacefull place

Cons: choice of warm dishes limited

Healthy Inexpensive Evening Treat! - Edit

We came here for dinner and there is a buffet selection of salads, soups, gorgeous vegetable mix. Perfect for the healthy eater to get your veggie fix!

Mostly vegan apart from the lasagne.

We had a takeaway and the boxes are massive- definitely worth a visit.. or two.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly Atmosphere, Good choices

Cons: Better for lunch as some options ar cold

Good take away - Edit

Nice vegetarian restaurant, vegan options. Excellent location and nice staff. Really enjoyed it as take away when restaurants were closing.

Pros: Staff, Location, Price

Cons: Dairy products, Small buffet

Great lunch buffet!! - Edit

We stumbled upon this family run place in the Old Town, Stockholm after looking at a hundred restaurant menus.. By far the best food on offer for lunch.. Value for money, hot And cold food available, friendly staff, great desserts. Definitely recommended to the healthy eater... Oh and free wifi!

Pros: friendly staff, choice of food, wifi

Nice place, food ok - Edit

Good location and athmosphere in the restaurant. The food was ok but nothing special though. It was tasteable that it was kept warm for a long time and not that fresh. But still, we had a nice lunch there for a good price.

Delicious Vegetarian Buffet! - Edit

We went to Hermitage for dinner and the buffet was well-stocked with a variety of vegetarian foods such as bread, soup, salad, hot and cold vegetable dishes. We also ordered a piece of blueberry tart which was delicious.

There seemed to only be one person working there, so we rang the bell and he helped us right away.

Vegan in Old Town - Edit

We were happy to find this place while sightseeing in Old Town. At first we were a bit confused as to how to order. Once we figured out to go up and ring the bell at the counter, all was good. The buffet was the only non-desert food we saw available at lunch. The only non-vegan thing on the buffet was some gravy. The food was really good! We really enjoyed the hummus, "meatballs", and soup. This was one of our first experiences in Stockholm, so we were initially shocked by the price, but now I see it's actually fairly inexpensive. We definitely got our fill and then some! I would certainly return here on a future visit.

Pros: vegan options, price

Cons: limited variety

My favourite vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Located in the old town of Stockholm this place brings you very tasty soups, salads, amazing humus and main different dishes every day. Friendly and attentive staff. Take away option with really big boxes. I always visit this place whenever I go to Stockholm.

Pros: Al you can eat / take away options, Great location and place, VERY tasty food

Too cozy? - Edit

We got really happy to find out that there is a vegan/vegetarian in the heart of Old Town in Stockholm. Buffet style and mostly vegan (only a sauce not vegan when we visited). Great food! Price ok for an all you can eat place. As this is a small place there aren't that much space for the buffet so can get quit crammed if busy. Friendly, warm and very cozy (you sit VERY close to others....). If you're a big eater (like we are) you definitely get your money's worth!).

Pros: Price

Cons: Can get very crammed

Vegetarian option in Old Town - Edit

Location is the best feature, and the food is vegetarian. Tight quarters inside the restaurant with nice sidewalk seating on sunny days. The food appeared to have been sitting in warmers for some time when we arrive for a 1:00 lunch. So go early.

Great soup - Edit

A small cafe with plenty of indoor seating. It was difficult to manoeuvre around the buffet table if there are more than two wanting to fill their plate. The buffet had only a few options. There was enough choice to feed my family of young children successfully though. My husband and I enjoyed the soup best. The children ate their weight in roasted potatoes. Not much choice in fresh salads, we would have preferred some delicious options to complement the curry or yummy lasagna. Hermitage is a nice place to eat if you are in the Gamla Stan at a meal time.

Pros: delicious soup, English speaking staff, warm food

Cons: small buffet space, few food options, bland salad choices

Charming restaurant - Edit

Located in the Old Town of Stockholm, this quite inexpensive restaurant is a charming Little Place with nice staff. Food is reat. There is a variety of choices of food and teas. Relaxed Place with 20 seats inside and maybe 10-12 outside.For being located in the Old Town of Stockholm the prices are resonable.

Pros: Food, Location, Nice staff

Cons: A bit cramped inside.

Small, mostly vegan cafe in Gamla Stan - Edit

We only ate some soup here so cannot comment on the food but there looked to be a good range of savouries and salad in a help yourself area. The soup was ok, a little too salty for my taste and it was well priced but the atmosphere was very unfriendly. The staff were surly and just didn't seem to care and the other customers there seemed to spend most of their time staring at us, I presumed this was mostly a place for locals and they didn't like outsiders as, to be honest, I was rather happy to leave.

Pros: Cheap, Good vegan choice

Cons: Very unfiendly, Surly staff

More of a small bar than restaurant - Edit

Nice food and cheap for scandinavian standards. I would recommend to eat here when you are looking for a quick bite and not for an evening filling dinner. It's maybe best comparable to a falaffel bar.

Pros: Cheap, Decent food

Cons: Small choice

fantastic restaurant - Edit

I went twice during my 5 day stay in Stockholm last august.
food is really good, choice is large and it's a buffet! the cost is really low, so it makes a perfect place to eat healthy when you're on a budget!
i will definitly go there again.

Pros: low price, very good quality, choice

Cons: some dishes are a bit fatty

Friendly place - Edit

I had excellent vegan apple tart and I'd be happy to go back there. As for the buffet food selection there were some salads, lasagne and a vegan veggie stew with soy protein so not much choice but it looked lovely and the atmosphere in that place was very nice. A small minus for the lack of over 3% beers.

Small cafe - great food - Edit

Small cafe in the gorgeous Gamla Stan. Lovely food. Buffet, with lots of vegan options, including lovely roast potatoes. I'd highly recommend it.

Pros: Wide range of vegan food, Tasty food, Nice atmosphere

Great place - Edit

Out of the three vegetarian buffets we went to in Stockholm, this was by far the best. They had a great lentil soup, really great hummus, several warm dishes and a lot of salad-type cold dishes. Water is free but you can buy several other drinks. Desert costs extra, looked very good but we were stuffed already. Nice atmosphere as well. Would recommend.

Pros: Lentil soup, Hummus!

Cons: Service maybe bit disinterested

Nice Buffet Lunch - Edit

For our first vegie experience in Sweden we were quite happy with Hermitage. We paid SEK 110 for the buffet which consisted of several different healthy and fresh salads and a few different hot food options (stuffed capsicum, burgers, Moroccan type casserole, lentil soup ...) all delicious. We were really hungry when we arrived and were glad that the friendly staff spoke English and we could relax in a nice restaurant amongst the chaos of Stockholm's tourist district. Probably best to work up an appetite before going so that you can get good value for your Swedish Krona.

Pros: Buffet, Reasonable price (for Stockholm), Healthy yummy food options

Intimate, cosy, location - Edit

It is bang in the center of Old Town and the only vegetarian restaurant there. So, it is perfect for lunch, though they close early and may not be appropriate for dinner. But the best thing to do would be to arrive around 2.30 and eat to your heart's content from the buffet for 100 kronas and skip the supper. Not bad in a very expensive city!

The variety and choice and quality of food here was not the same as Hermans which is almost an institution in Stockholm. But this is more intimate and sitting outside you can indulge in a lot of people watching. The best part I liked was the jugs full of water with sprigs of mint and slices of lemon. Bring your empty bottles and fill them here.

There is a touch of Indian flavor to the cooking, though very understated. But overall very satisfying.

Pros: Location, Value, water

Cons: Limited choice

Sweet ! - Edit

I ate at Hermitage once over a recent long weekend and although the cost was some 100 Krona it's more or less what you can expect to pay for eating out in the Swedish capital. I helped myself to several platefuls at around 20:30, the evening after the Jubilee Marathon. Although the closing time was set a 21:00 late arrivals weren't turned away. I thought this was quite nice, all of us going past the watershed stuffing ourselves. There were some hot items but I mainly had cold dishes. I particularly liked a grainy type salad which I consumed with hummus.

Pros: Relatively inexpensive., Nutritious., Cruelty-free.

nice for stockholm - Edit

Always end up here since there are not so many vegetarian restaurants in Stockholm. This is one of the best but it doesn't mean that is is great.

Service kind of strange. They always have language problems.

Nice small buffet.

Pros: vegan options, central, good for being Stockholm

Cons: service

Buffet lunch - Edit

Went here the other day, tired and hungry from a lot of travel. It cost us 110 SEK, which I thought was a bit pricey - but it was a buffet, all you can eat. In my opinion the food was a bit bland, but they had the most delicious bread (perhaps corn) to go with the soup. We had a blueberry tart to finish which cost extra, but it was the best bit in my opinion.

Pros: all you can eat

Cons: little bit bland food

Tasty and cheap (for Stockholm!) - Edit

We went for pie and soya lattes - it was very nice, relaxing and warm.

We went back for the buffet which was excellent - lots of different foods - great value and some seitan which was exceelent - good for Vegans!

Pros: Good value, Excellent food, relaxed atmosphere

Lots of delicious vegan options! - Edit

Hermitage Restaurant, in walking distance from our hotel in the touristy area (Gamla Stan) was a God-send and we ate 4 meals there. The restaurant has a vegetarian hot and cold buffet, with many vegan options. In fact, the only hot foods option that was not vegan was the vegetarian lasagna, which my husband enjoyed. Each time we were there, there were new options, and we greatly enjoyed the food, both hot and cold dishes. We thought the lentil dahl soup was awesome, as good or better than we've had in Indian restaurants. Their bread was excellent, as was their hummus, and a stew containing vegetables and a soy meat. They have free, good-tasting water in the back right-hand corner.

There's also a deli area where you can buy desserts, and I was surprised that all the pies except one was vegan. Both fruit pies I had were delicious.

The downside is that the restaurant is small and often crowded, with the buffet tucked in a corner. Sometimes at dinner, the staff has trouble keeping up with removing dirty dishes, so you can be forced to look at a dirty dish that someone near-by left. But when it comes to the food and the prices, no compaints. The staff speaks good enough English that they can answer any questions about the food. My husband and I were delighted to find such delicious food in the touristy part of Stockholm, and would not hesitate to eat there again.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious Food, Staff speaks English

Cons: Small & Crowded at peak times, Staff can be slow to clear dishes, Eating outside subjects you to smokers.

Popular Value. - Edit

Hermitage is a vegetarian buffet, with a few vegan options, for around 90SEK. Food changes daily based on availability. It is really good value for money and well located on Gamla Stan. On a recent trip to Stockholm I think we had almost 4/5 lunches here. It is very popular, for good reason, so sometimes you may have to wait 5 minutes for a seat.

Pros: Value, Good food, Great location

Vegan - Edit

Maybe the cheapest prices among vegan/vegeterian cafes in Stockholm (100 SEK for large plate with meals and salads for your choice + 5 SEK organic tea). It's situated directly in the center of the city.

Pros: Location., Nice interior and staff., Not crowded.

Nice place nicely located - Edit

The place is nice and cozy, the staff is friendly, the location is perfect.
The food is okay, though nothing special. Anyway it'll do, when you are hungry:)

Pros: excellent location, quite low prices, friendly staff

Cons: boring food, but not that bad

The cheapest vegan friendly buffet in town? - Edit

The buffet is very good for vegans and prices are probably the cheapest in Stockholm. The place is very popular/crowded during the lunch hours as it sits in old town.

Pros: Price, Food

Cons: Crowded

A great lunch place while out sightseeing - Edit

Hermitage is located on a popular and beautiful street in Stockholm's old town in an area called Gamla Stan. We went for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed what was on offer.

Lunch (and dinner) consists of a buffet selection. We had some very tasty salad selections including a delicious vegan potato salad. We also had some excellent hot food which, on that day, were large balls (similar to falafel) containing (what i think was) veg suet and a variety of vegetables. There is a different hot special on a daily basis - sometimes it is vegan and sometimes just vegetarian.

A great laid-back atmosphere inside with plump cushions and warming Scandinavian pine. It does get busy, but we went for a late lunch around 2pm and didn't have a problem getting a table. Lunch was 90SEK.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly, Location

Cons: Small buffet, Can get busy

Great for lunch on a rainy day - Edit

We spent quite some time in this place due to the horrible weather that hang over Stockholm during the day of our visit. The food was very nice and the atmosphere as well.
The food was the regular vegetarian grub, like lasagna, soup, bread (good bread!), rice and a sort of goulash.

Good place if you're in Gamla Stan, but nothing to go out of your way for

Pros: nice vibe, all you can eat, good bread

Cons: little choice

Best vegetarian buffet I've ever had - Edit

Good location, easy to find. Not a lot of choices, but everything was yummy. SEK 90 for lunch and 100 for dinner as at the date of writing, all-you-can-eat including bread, falafel, excellent value.

Pros: great value, location

Nice food and friendly staff - Edit

Really good food here and it was the cheapest vegetarian buffet I had. Friendly staff and nice decor. Good location, right in Gamla Stan.

Pros: Good food, friendly staff , nice ambience

The best vegan food in Stockholm - Edit

If you want to enjoy eating outside as a vegan in Stockholm Hermitage is the place! Nice service and fresh tasty food! You have to try it!!!

Pros: Tasty, Exiting, Well combined food

Cons: -, -, -

A wonderful haven for vegans - Edit

This place is a little gem that my husband and I discovered thanks to your website - a really small chilled unpretentious veggie restaurant in the beautiful Gamla Stan Old Town - buffet style food and while there is not a great deal of choice the dishes they provide are so tasty it doesn't matter - reasonably priced too particularly for it's location & the takeaway option provided enough food to keep two hungry adults fed for 3 meals! After a trip up to the arctic north of Sweden where if you didn't want pickled fish or elk meat there was no other option but gloopy noodles we were desperate to get back to Stockholm for some proper food & the Hermitage spicy veg tangine was just heavenly!

Pros: Fabulous food, reasonable prices

Cons: Small cafe, Doesn't serve alcohol

vegan food in a non-vegan city - Edit

This centrally located restaurant bills itself as "the only vegetarian restaurant in Stockholm". It offers about 12 items, plus bread and soup for 85 SEK (about 12 bucks). Its buffet style, so you're free to go though the line again if you're still hungry. Although its not a fancy place and only seats about 30, it is very clean, has a friendly English speaking staff, and has a decent restroom. Vegan food is hard to find in Stockholm and after a week of ordering meatless-cheeseless-mayoless whoppers at Burger King (which got me some very strange looks), finding Hermitage was like a finding a piece of heaven. They have a great website www.hermitagegastrogate.com. Its in Swedish, but has a great map and has hours and prices posted.

Pros: friendly, good and plentiful food, great location

Cons: closed Mondays

Nice buffet - Edit

A nice small place with a 100% vegetarian buffet. Nothing very special, but it all tasted good and it was very relaxed. The location in the heart of the old town makes it a good place for a quick break.

Pros: Location, 100% vegetarian, good athmosphere

Cons: Limited choice of food

Warm and delicious - Edit

this place was a lovely respite from the snow. i love the swedish buffet style of food - and even though there wasn't much of a variety it was all delicous. there was soup and felafels and really good hummas. I suppose it wasn't great quality but it was cheap and and warm the people were nice.

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hermitage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 18566 times since Nov 2008.