First Review by meshuga

beware the veggie burger - Edit

After telling the waitress that I'm a vegan, I chose the veggie burger after making sure they would omit the mayonnaise. Then I asked if the veggie burger was made only with vegetables. I was surprised with the answer. They bind it with EGG WHITES. I told her to delete my order. Luckily they had a small side of brown rice with black beans so I did get something to eat.

Pros: a great place for non-vegans!

Cons: If you're vegan, you won't have much to eat.

Cute cafe lacking in good vegan options. - Edit

If you come to Mosquito and are vegan you will have a max of two or three options of which two are veggie burgers (portobello and traditional handmade patty). On occasion they have a special for grilled vegetable tacos but it's not a regular menu item. I really really want to like Mosquito Cafe because it is so damn cute but for the price and flavor of the food it just isn't worth it.

Pros: Good Atmosphere, Fresh Food

Cons: Expensive, Lacking Vegan Options

Not very vegan friendly - Edit

I was hoping to find good vegan food at Mosquito Cafe as it had been recommended. I was very disappointed that the menu is very limited. Nothing was vegan. Some dishes could have been made vegan, but would also become totally uninteresting. I did not eat here as a consequence.

Cons: not vegan friendly

One of my Favorite Places on the Island - Edit

Well the title says it all. The food is always so yummy and healthy and fresh. The staff is very nice. But the thing I love about it... It doesnt have the typical foods or combinations as other places. Youknow that when you go there you will get to have something not only great but something that you cant get anywhere else :-)

Pros: Healthy, Yummy, Great Staff

Cons: It is to far away from my house :-(

Excellent location! - Edit

This trendy restaurant offered a vegan dish that was right on the menu. They even had the forethought to remove cheese from the house salad, even though I'd forgotten to mention it specifically. The rice/veggie dish was complex and tasty, and I left feeling like I definitely got my money's worth. My omnivore husband and young children also left feeling satisfied. In addition to the one vegan dish on the menu, there were a number of clearly marked vegetarian dishes, some of which could have been veganized with some modifications by the cook/chef which he would have been happy to do.

Pros: good for mixed veggie/omni families, attentive wait staff, willingness to modify dishes

Return to Galveston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mosquito Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1908 times.