First Review by dropscone

Cheap and tasty Mithaas! - Edit

I visited Mithaas twice during a recent visit to Leicester, they had been recommended by the person we were staying with who is vegan - and I can see why!
Both times I had the vegan thali which had 4 different delicious curries along with all the additional bits and bobs you expect in a thali, plus a sweet, and it was so cheap! Really good value for money. Not sure why the description describes it as 'Moderate', perhaps it's out of date, but I think Mithaas deserves 'Inexpensive'.
The last time we visited just before leaving Leicester we took one of each of the vegan sweets they had - I loved the nutty ones with a kind of silver coating! Bit strange-looking but so good!!

Pros: Great value, Tasty food, Vegan sweets!

Nice vegetarian indian food. - Edit

Very good indian food. Can ask for less spicy (as I want). Can go for the good buffet, or can order from the many interesting dishes, which are not expensive either. Friendly staff. As usual for indian cuisine, there is a lot of sweets to choose as desert.

Then you can also take away food from here. Wonderful.

Pros: not expensive, nice staff, buffet and take away

Cons: not in the centre

Been at least every two weeks for years! - Edit

I am fortunate enough to live 2 miles from this restaurant and would recommend it enthusiastically. There are a lot of vegetarian Indian sweet shops/restaurants in Leicester, I've been to most of them and they are all good - a different league to your average "Curry House". Mithaas is my favourite though, the foods always good, the family that run it friendly and helpful. Occasionally its a little slow when they are busy - but given that it is high quality freshly cooked food at good prices, this has never given me a problem.

Pros: quality food, freshly cooked, good service

Nirvana - Edit

This is an outstanding Indian pure vegetarian restaurant - the only fully licensed veg. in the area too, so not only can you enjoy their freshly cooked wonderful food, you can enjoy your favorite tipple too. Unreservedly recommended.

Pros: Food, Staff, Licensed

OMG This place is heaven! - Edit

We stayed in Nottingham last night and drove over to Leicester to visit this restaurant, i say restaurant its more of a deli/cafe setting.
We were served by someone very knowlageable and enthusiastic about the food he was serving and recomended many great dishes, i just wish i could remember what they were called!
This place is very very cheap. The most expensive main is £6.99 but most are £3-£5
We had the special chaat which as gorgeous and the big chips and some little ball things which were lovely too, then for mains my husband had a southern indian pancake thingy with paneer and I had the indo-chinese sizzler special which was fantastic, sweet but not too sweet at all.
We had two drinks and a raiita and chapattis for two, at the end we were too full for pudding but bought a box of cold sweets for later, the whole thing was under £30 which is amazing!
I cant wait to move to nottingham permanently so we can keep travelling over to this restaurant!

Pros: Large portions for small money!, friendly attentive service, sooooo much choice!

Cons: none!

Time at Mithaas - Edit

I had my birthday party of Mithaas. The starters were lovely followed by a delicious main course. We had a lovely time & a wonderful birthday. The staff were friendly and we were well looked after. We will be definately be visiting there again & recommened everyone to go there for a great experiance!

Pros: Excellent food, Reliable Staff, Value for money

mithaas - Edit

i visited mithaas with my family. the food was really great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. they knew what they were serving unlike a lot of other restuarants. it was all reasonably priced as well which made it very affordable and enjoyable.

Pros: now licensed, good service, great food

Cons: slight food delays

Mithaas sweet market and restaurant - Edit

I visited this place tonight with ten other vegans.

We had only given them a day's notice but the staff were really helpful and friendly, knew which foods could be made vegan (including some of the sweets, which is unusual), and the food itself was delicious.

The service was a little on the slow side but I think this was understandable given the size of our group and lack of notice.

I had mogo chips and chutney to start with (lovely and crisp, generous portion), and a fenugreek and mixed veg curry. The veg was really fresh, and while spicy it wasn't overpowering. I also sampled a stuffed paratha which was deliciously fluffy on the inside, and a really nice uttapam.

I will be visiting again soon.

Pros: lovely food, friendly knowledgeabe staff, vegan sweets!

Cons: slightly slow service

Return to Leicester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mithaas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2752 times since Aug 2007.