Memoires d'Indochine

C2 10A, Mannheim, Germany, 68159

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese and Laotian food. Menu has a separate vegan section. Reservation recommended on weekends. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Asian, Vietnamese, Laotian, Non-veg

First Review by hyphie

good vegan menu - Edit

I recommend their Tofu. As far as I know they make it themselves.

Pros: vegan menu, vegan dessert, nice interior

Cons: reservations only for certain hours

tasty food - Edit

I tried all the vegan dishes and they all were really tasty. I wish they will change them from time to time, because they are the same over the last years. In the evening I would recommend a reservation. The stuff is always a bit in a hurry.

Pros: clearly labeled vegan dishes, vegan dessert

Lovely food but differences in portion sizes - Edit

On our visit to Mannheim I had the vegan tofu and veggie skewer and my friend the vegan yellow curry. We both quite liked our dishes because the vegetables were not overcooked but still rather firm and because the homemade tofu tasted good as well. My skewer meal was huge whereas my friend´s curry was a lot smaller and not completely satiating even though the price difference is only 1 euro.
We were served fast and preferred the fresh air outside over the slightly stale air inside.

Pros: Vegan savoury dishes clearly labelled, Tasty Vietnamese food , Fast service

Cons: Vegan desserts not labelled, Portion sizes may vary significantly, No comfortable chairs

Delicious! - Edit

I've been to Memoires d'Indochine many times as both vegan and non-vegan and their food is always delicious! They now have a vegan section in their menu, which is great so you don't need to ask whether or not a dish is vegan.

Overall I definitely recommend this restaurant for vegans and non-vegans alike, super tasty and delicious food! Make sure to make a reservation if you're going during a busy time, as this restaurant is often packed.

Delicious food but you have to eat fast! - Edit

I went to Mémoires d'Indochine a couple times this year. It's a pretty hip Vietnamese/Laotian restaurant with a lot of success - the place is not very big, but always full. Apparently they used to have a vegetarian menu, which they reworked recently to make it completely vegan.

Right now it consists of two appetizers and four main dishes. I didn't ask about the desserts, they look like they might be vegan (or made so) but it's not stated on the dessert menu.

If you are vegan, you have a choice between a rice noodle and tofu soup, a red curry tofu and rice dish, vegetable and tofu skewers and sliced spring rolls on rice noodles. The good news is that I tasted all of these and they are all delicious! Even my omnivore inlaws loved their vegan dishes.

The menu doesn't have a lot of different items (vegan or not, the menu isn't huge), which means that the service is pretty fast.

The downside to this is that you can sometimes feel like you are pushed out the door. In my experience it's fine during the week, but if you go there on a Saturday night without a reservation, the staff will make you feel like you have to hurry up and free the table. If you take a bit longer than average to eat, you might be the only one on the table who still has a plate. The stools you sit on (instead of chairs) reinforce this impression. You're here to eat and leave, not spend the whole evening in the restaurant.

Overall the food is really delicious, but I recommend avoiding going there during the week instead of the weekend, especially if you don't have a reservation!

Pros: delicious, separate vegan menu, fast service

Cons: no information about desserts, stools instead of chairs, the staff pushes you to hurry up

Return to Mannheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Memoires d'Indochine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.