Mellow Mushroom

985-327-5407

1645 US Highway 190, Covington, Louisiana, USA, 70433

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie theme pizza franchise that offers many veggie toppings including tempeh, tofu, and Daiya vegan cheese. Also hummus, salads, hoagies, calzones.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Taust24

My personal opinion - Edit

I hate to be a bummer, but I did not like this place whatsoever. Mind you, this is just my personal opinion. My mother in law said she went there and they have "many vegan options such as vegan pizza, calzones, and many other choices." I'm Italian so that sparked my interest and I went! First off, it gave off a very "Chuck E Cheeses" vibe which didn't really match my interest. Screaming kids running around everywhere and the smell of cheese pizza filled the room. I read the menu expecting many veg friend options, and only found 1. The only veg options they had was a "Gluten free pizza crust and vegan cheese". (Not to mention all the fruits and vegetables) Maybe my waitress just didn't educate me properly but when I asked about their vegan options she only said "we have a gluten free pizza crust option and you can sub the cheese for vegan cheese". Since that was my only option I went for it. I asked for a small pizza but apparently she had to charge me for a medium because they "only have medium sized gluten free crusts". It arrived and it looked presentable, wasn't too shabby. But after I took my first bite, I couldn't take another..here's why. The vegan cheese had a slimy consistency that I couldn't handle eating, The vegetables were half assed when chopped and cooked, and the "only one sized gluten free pizza crust" was as hard as a rock and completely bland and flavorless. I was extremely disappeared. I also became quickly irritated once the check came, because my boyfriend had ordered a medium sized buffalo chicken pizza, and it was about $12..then I see that my medium vegan pizza costed $20!!!! I was very unsatisfied and I don't plan on going back again. Maybe I just had an unlucky experience, but try it for yourself and see how it goes for you.

Pros: Cool decorations and paintings

Cons: Only 1 vegan option (besides Veggies), Poor at cooking the vegan cheese, Bland

Return to Covington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.