Mellow Mushroom

Contact 225-490-6355

4250 Burbank Dr (at E Boyd Dr), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, 70808

Serves meat, vegan options available. Known for its Bohemian and psychedelic environment, menu items includes tofu, tempeh, pizza, hoagies, calzones and salads. Please note that bbq tofu has honey in it.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganamanda

Far Less Than Satisfied - Edit

I think it is great that Mellow Mushroom offers a vegan crust, vegan cheese, and many veggie toppings as choices. This is all a step in the right direction, but I had a very unpleasant time. After telling my waitress I am vegan and ordering my pizza, I waited for about half an hour for them to bring me a pizza with cheese on it (not the vegan cheese I ordered). So I waited another half an hour for them to bring me a medium sized pizza that had zero to no flavor with half warmed ingredients on top. They didn't take my special requests with grace. I assumed that a franchise that takes the time to market to vegans would also have good tasting vegan options. I payed for my $30 pizza which I did not eat. I will not be returning to this Mellow Mushroom in the future.

Pros: great pizza (if you're not vegan)

Cons: over priced, bland vegan options

Yeah! - Edit

Coming from Europe, I could hardly imagine a countrywide pizza chain having vegan pizza (with vegan cheese and all) on all their menus. A delicious, filling, real pizza! I figured they have no vegan starter or dessert which is really a pity. On the other hand, I had a medium pizza and I could not even finish it... so I did not really need a starter or dessert. The first non-veg place I visited for some time where a vegan dish is not so light and "healthy" that it in fact leaves me hungry (yes, I am a bit fed up with salads and wraps and other "light" stuff). I was so happy about the pizza that I did not check for other vegan main courses but I just read on HC there were even alternatives...

Funny decoration (I'd call it wannabee hippie) and friendly staff.

Pros: vegan pizza, friendly staff

Cons: no vegan starters or desserts

Surprised - Edit

I was happy with the experience at Mellow Mushroom. I got a BBQ tofu hoagie. It was really good and the waitress was very helpful about asking the cook what was vegan. I also go a free drink for liking them on facebook. I subtract a star because I see in the description here that there is honey in the tofu, which I didn't know. Bummer!

Pros: nice staff

Cons: sells meat

Return to Baton Rouge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1962 times since Sep 2010.