May Veggie Home

Contact 89-0427215

8/3 Sukhumvit Soi 16 (at Asoke Sukhumvit intersection, Ratchadapisek Roak Klong Toei), Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Cafe offering Thai & other East Asian food and also western dishes. In 2014 moved to the Asoke area opposite Terminal 21 shopping mall near Asoke & Sukhumvit stations. Same owners.

Category: Vegan, International, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Bakery

First Review by Elealolo

top place in BKK - Edit

One of the top place of BKK ! I had 142 vegan chicken burgers I think in one month there :) they do amazing imitations of meat and fish. The most impressive to me was the tuna. It really looked the same ! Good salads and great smoothies and juices also !

tasty and cheap - Edit

All food on menu is veggie. They use rice milk for milk alternatives. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty, quite a variety of veg in this dish, more so then when I have ordered it elsewhere. Price is cheap if you stick to the local Thai cuisine. But they also do Japanese and American style foods.

Pros: lots of choice

Cons: portions are small (compared to western size meals

Average at best - Edit

Felt rushed to eat and go. Food was delivered quickly but wasn't the best tasting and on the oily side. Atmosphere non existent, staff seemed cold and disinterested. The lemongrass tea was good and refreshing. Overall it was disappointing, however, and not worth crossing the busy intersection to get there.

Makes you proud to be vegan - Edit

Gone are the days of having to endure gruesome fake meat substitutes! May Veggie Home offer delicious Thai meals (and other Western dishes, but we opted for the Thai ones only) with various custom made meat and fish substitutes that are fantastic. We had tempura battered mushrooms in a sweet and sour dish - soooo yummy!!! - a Penang 'fish' curry, and fish nuggets that our toddler found to be finger licking good! I've written a slightly more extensive review on my blog, if you're interested in reading it: https://veganfamilyventures.com/2016/07/13/a-nod-to-their-nuggets/

Absolutely amazing - Edit

I love every single dish I've tried here, especially the vegan chicken burger, the cocoa rice milk, the brownie, and the coconut ice cream. I've been there twice and would def go back if I'm ever in Bangkok again.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, AC

An all time vegan favorite. - Edit

We LOVED this place. The menu is vast and varied--we had trouble deciding and ended up with too much food! I finally had a Thai iced tea. Everything was absolutely fantastic. And they have AC! A vegan foodie haven! Moderate prices.

Pros: delicious, great vibe

Delicious food, good prices - Edit

The menu is very interesting, many faux meat meal options and nice icecream. Wish the staff knew a bit more English. Athmosphere is nothing special..
Still, I do recommend for the great food. We received our order very quickly and enjoyed all the 3 meals and deserts.

Eat here. Exceptional veggie restaurant. - Edit

The food is fantastic, the menu large, the prices good, the vegan icecream amazing, easy to get to from the Asoke or Sukhumvit station. Went here several times during our visit. Such a great place.
I'm not usually a fan of mock-meats, but this place does them really well, so definitely opt for a dish using this.

Pros: Big portions, Great service, Easy to get to

Cons: Bad light for photos

This is my favorite restaurant in the world - Edit

Thai is my favorite cuisine, and this is my favorite restaurant in the world.

I've asked staff for their recommendations, and was guided to the mieng bai cha, an appetizer with an amazing complexity of flavors and textures. Also, the chicken cashew dish (yam sapp, there's another chicken cashew that's not as flavorful) similarly amazing (although fairly spicy). Also, the khao soi might be the best in Thailand.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 24, 2016

Pros: So flavorful

Awesome bacon starter and Japanese curry - Edit

At the start of the meal I was really amazed by the bacon starter and the Japanese curry! The bacon rolls feel so much like the real thing, with the mushrooms adding the crunchy texture. Really odd but amazing! The curry was super tasty. However, we also ordered the tuna dish which was overpowered by lemongrass flavour. And then when I tried to order dessert, I was told there was absolutely nothing available from the dessert menu (no ice cream, no cake) and that they wouldn't be getting any in on the following morning either. So that was really disappointing. Bit torn between 4 and 5 cows as some of the meal was really good, but since my experience wasn't perfect, I'll go with 4.

It's also got a notice board of vegan happenings in the area so have a look in case something's on.

Pros: realistic bacon, Japanese curry

Cons: tuna dish overpowered by lemongrass, no dessert available the whole weekend

Ok food, friendly staff - Edit

Came here for a dinner. Ordered panang curry, sweet/sour chickin, and fried rice. Everything tasted very salty which overpowered the rest of the tastes of dishes/veggies. Would like to try again sometime later & different dishes later. Staff is pretty nice and friendly. Total amount was expensive than the expected taste.

Pros: friendly staff, opens late night

Cons: salty food, expensive

Excellent!! - Edit

The food is amazing--attractive preparation, and lots of different tastes. Hard to pick a favorite dish, everything is so very good! One of my new Bangkok favorites, and can't wait to try more. Menu says they deliver.

best place in Bangkok - Edit

The burgers are amazing, vegan ice cream (I ordered the black sesame ice cream which was better than I expected), 50 baht coconut is a must (cold and refreshing), tofu appetiser was literally just fried tofu with a sweet peanut sauce (nice if dipped in the sauces that come with the burgers!), they don't add ice to their juices so maybe ask them if you don't want warm guava juice coming out, the Thai yellow vegetable curry was AMAZING, also note they don't speak English very well so be very clear with what you say

So good vegan chicken burger! - Edit

Nice 100% vegan cafe in good area. Menu is good, many great options. Also they are sell some vegan items for take away. Owner so friendly! =)
I recommend vegan chicken burger and Tom Kha - so delicious!

Pros: All vegan, Tasty food

Cons: Expensive

Vegan food - Edit

nice to have a restaurant pure vegan, but a bit pricey , not too much. the burger I had was good but there were much better and cheaper in Chiang Mai! Somehow they charged more for the burger and the change is expected to be tipps?? :/

Pros: All vegan, also western food

Cons: charging and taking tips how they want it....in my

All right - Edit

The simple dish I had was good, but the overall feeling of the place is ... perhaps a bit boring? Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to have a place like this close to home, but in Asia, you can find something better.

Pros: Plenty of choices

Cons: No alcohol

Quite okay vegan food - Edit

All vegan restaurant and easy to find. The set up of the plate wasn't very fancy and service wasn't the best, even thought it's a bit upp priced for thai standard, but it's all vegan and lots to choose from. There was Thai, Japanese, Chinese (I think) and western food. I had Japanese chicken teriyaki which was quite good and my friend had the fish with tartar sauce which was good. I would definitely go there again to try other plates.

Pros: All vegan , Have ice cream

Cons: A bit priced for the service and general feeling o, Doesn't sell beer

AMAZING Lunch! - Edit

I took my parents here after a city tour on our vacation, and we all loved it. The restaurant is in a pleasant location in a busy part of town, very close to the sky train station. The interior was clean and simple, and the staff were friendly. We ordered coconut water (fresh from the coconut), a veggie burger, fried spring rolls, fried tofu with peanut sauce, special spaghetti noodle, mussaman curry, vegetarian cashew chicken with tamarind sauce, brown jasmine rice, and cocoa and coconut ice cream. The food was all amazing. The mussaman curry reminded me of an Indian dish of some sort, the mock chicken was really nice, and all the dishes were very flavourful in general. The coconut ice cream was a touch bland, but the chocolate one was great. We had a great time overall and ended up stuffed and satisfied!!!

Pros: Amazing Vegan Food, Friendly Staff, Convenient Location

May Veggie Home, Bangkok - Edit

Excellent all vegan food. Tasty as hell and while there's cheaper in BKK, this place isn't expensive.

A couple of suggested improvements:-

* make wifi available to guests

* the paint on the wall above the door that leads to the loo needs rubbed down and re-painted

Pros: All vegan, Great tasting food

Cons: Wifi would make it even better

Best place to eat in Bangkok - Edit

I can't recommend this place enough.
The food is amazing, the staff are lovely and we came back here 3 times during our short stay.
Everything on the menu is written in English. Our waitress knew the menu really well and recommended items to us, which we tried and loved! They serve a lot of mock meat dishes.
I recommend the Kao Gaeng Garee Kai Tonkutsu (Rice & Curry, Japanese Curry with Mix Vegetables and Fried Vegetarian Chicken, served with Soup) and the chicken burger. With the chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Proud to be vegan

Cons: None!

Great Food, Friendly Staff - Edit

Delicious food with a large variety of creative vegetarian and vegan dishes, from soups, to curries and stir fry, as well as many appetizers and vegan cakes and ice-creams.
It is a clean and spacious restaurant with friendly, smiling staff who speak English very well.
Open from 10am until 10pm everyday, it was also in a very convenient location from where we were staying.
Prices are reasonable as this is a sophisticated vegetarian restaurant and the chef/cook really tires to make the dishes unique with attention to nutrition and presentation.
On our first visit we paid 690 Baht for one dinner with included 2 x khao soy soups,1 tea leaf salad, 2 x bottles of water and 2x vegan chocolate lava cakes.
On our second visit we paid 570 Baht which included a serve of spring rolls, jasmine brown rice, pad kraprow, pad med mamuang, 2 x hot coffee.

Pros: Huge Variety, Large Portions, Great Value for Money

Vegan asian and western food. Amazing mock meat - Edit

One of my favorite places when I was living in Bangkok. Very tasty and best location in Bangkok.
My favorite dishes: Fish steak, Japanese curry with fried chicken and yellow curry

Beautiful food! - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here yesterday lunchtime and will be hurrying back! The food was delicious, large portions, lovely presentation. Staff were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere lacked as we were one of only two tables in the large space, and the staff found themselves sat around finding things to do. The decor is outdated but charming and clean. Would highly recommend, although we will try next time to come for a dinner service. Thank you May Veggie Home!

Pros: Exceptional food, Big menu, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit quiet, Probably difficult to drive to

Comfortable and Delicious - Edit

I really enjoyed eating at May Veggie Home. The menu has a lot of items to choose from, and everything is vegan. Located right next to a train station, it is a very convenient place to stop for lunch or dinner. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly. I'm looking forward to returning.

great tasting food - Edit

I have been to this restaurant 3x in the past two days. I was so happy to find a fully vegan restaurant that I could walk to from my hotel. I eat a pretty specific diet: all vegan, no oil, low fat, and high carb. Which is sometimes very hard to find. There was one waitress there I was able to communicate with and she was extremely helpful in pointing out the dishes they could make oil free. I got the fresh spring rolls and the noodle dish (a41) pho yam (subbed steamed mushrooms for the fried) and it was soooo good! I ordered 3 extra sides of noodles and I was stuffed. I will definitely come here whenever I visit Bangkok.

Pros: friendly , clean, all vegan

Cons: a little pricy

YUMMI - That's what it is! - Edit

This must be the best Vegan place not only in Bangkok, but in Thailand. We have been traveling around TL and everytime we reach Bangkok we are heading to this deeeeelish place.
A mix of the best tastebuds in the world with an all Vegan Consept! Whats not to like about that!!
Can't wait to come back!

Best vegan restaurant in Bangkok - Edit

By far the best vegan food in Bangkok. There are many options and the food is very tasty. I love that it is completely vegan, unlike many vegetarian restaurants that feel the need to include eggs & dairy, which should not be considered vegetarian.
Also very nice selection of beverages and desserts.
Everyone must try this restaurant, even non-vegetarian people will love it. Guaranteed!!!

Delicious food; nice variety; great service - Edit

As a new vegan traveling in Bangkok, I was rather apprehensive at the prospect of having to find places that accommodate vegans. Well, thanks to Happy Cow I followed the good reviews to May Veggie House and it was worth it! Tasty food, nice variety and good prices. I'll definitely be coming back. :)

Pros: Nice atmosphere , Easy to locate , Nice variety

convenient place with english menu - Edit

located at a convenient spot. Next to Asok station, exit 4, take the staircase on the left.
Will pass by Citypoint hotel.
Food is quite good. Some of them contain onion/garlic. Even though menu stated that those with onion/garlic is marked, apparently it is not all.
I had order a chicken steak which on the menu shouldn't contain onion/garlic, but the chilli that came with it still contain garlic despite me telling the waitress when i placed order that my food shouldn;t contain any onion/garlic.
Environment is quiet and simple, hence, find the price abit expensive for that. But overall, food is quite good. Will go there again if i'm in bangkok.

ask the staff if your food takes a long time - Edit

I just had an early dinner at May Veggie Home. I ordered an avocado salad & rice with green curry. I waited perhaps 25 minutes & when I enquired, I was first told my food would come soon. Only after some time did the staff explain that the kitchen had run out of avocados & presumably someone went to buy the fruit. If only I had known earlier; I was ravenous & would have gladly canceled the salad order & just have my main course.
So if you end up waiting a long time for your food, do persist and ask why there's a delay.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 13, 2015

Good Thai-style veggie food - Edit

Overall this is a great place, with nice, healthy food and friendly service. Just be prepared in that the flavouring is Thai, as you would expect. You might want to let them know how spicy you would like the food to be, or end up with a surprise on the hot side!

Other than that, the location is great and I'd certainly recommend it.

Pros: Great location, Healthy food, Friendly service

Cons: Maybe a bit on the spicy side

Great place! - Edit

Visited here a couple of times when I was in BKK, it's really easy to find as it's right by two stations. I loved the faux fish burger and the mock duck teriyaki. Everyone was super friendly and I enjoyed seeing other vegan travellers cards and info up on the pinboard! This place also has a little vegan bakery inside, I didn't try anything from there but I intend to when I go back.

Pros: Easy to find, Vegan desserts, Amazing mock meats

hit and miss - Edit

i went here twice

first for dinner, when i had a mussalman curry, which was a bit muddy in flavour.

went back for lunch as wanted a son tam, and happy to say it was very good

Pros: good location, attentive staff

Cons: not consistent

Fabulous Find In Bangkok! - Edit

I have holidayed in Thailand many times, over the years and often stayed in Sukhumvit, so why I've never been to 'May Veggie Home' before, I can't imagine! However, this time, we visited the restaurant two days in a row!

Despite the restaurant being very near to Asoke BTS Station, we got lost trying to find it the first time, so here is my 'idiots guide', to finding it: Coming from Asoke, take exit 4 from the BTS and go over the road bridge & down the stairs. Turn left, and walk for about 20 metres, then turn right and walk 20 metres again and May Veggie Home will be on your right, directly opposite the huge Exchange Tower building. Directions over with and back to the restaurant.
The menu is huge and I found it difficult to make a choice, as everything looked great! To start, we had the deep fried tofu, a dish that can easily be too greasy, but this was perfectly done with a nice dipping sauce on the side. Being in Thailand and eating lots of curries and rice I decided for my main course, to go for the 'Mock Chicken Burger' which was delicious. It came with their own home made vegan mayonnaise/ ketchup and fries on the side. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had in Thailand, if not the best.
With the vast menu to choose from my boyfirend went for something diffrent and non-Thai, just for a change. He had a Japanese inspired dish, 'Kao Gaeng Garee Kai Tonkutsu', which was Japanese curry, with mixed vegetables and fried mock-chicken, with a soup on the side. He said it was excellent.
They make their own vegan ice cream, which I had for dessert. They also have home made & individually packaged cakes, which I didn't try, but they looked good! I have documented a lot of the food in my photographs.
It is very slightly more expensive than other Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Bangkok, but I think this is reflective of the business area in which it is located.
The restaurant itself, is very large inside and seems to attract and equal mix of ex-pats and local Thai people. I'm looking forward to going there again when I'm next in Bangkok.

Pros: Amazing choice of vegan food, Good location, Best veggie burger in Bangkok!

Cons: A little expensive

Eat here almost every day of my BBK stay - Edit

First of all, nice not to have to worry about the sneaky fish sauce in everything. May Veggie Home was great and I keep going back. As in many Asian places there will be a lot of mock meat. I'm not a huge fan of that. I strongly recommend the Pho Yum! Cocoa Banana Ricemilk shake, the Yellow curry with friend tofu, and the Spicy Papaya salad.
The Premium dishes and be skipped.

Pros: Vegan and Organic, Nice clean and good space

Cons: A lot of mock meat in the menu

may veggie. - Edit

sure it is slightly more expensive than street vendors. i have a severe shellfish allergy and i can't really risk it. so eating at a fully vegan restaurant where i pay a bit more, i'm good with that.

we ended up eating here twice over our 5 day stay in bangkok. it was well worth it. the food was delicious and full of flavor. the restaurant is large and bright. there was free wi-fi and the staff was very friendly. the staff's english was limited, but so is my thai and i'm in their country not mine, so no complaints.
if i were in a large english speaking city, the meals would have easily been 3x the cost we paid.

Pros: vegan , delicious, free wi-fi

Rivals Bonita - Edit

Everything about this place is perfect, from the ambient atmosphere to the delicious food. Even the waitress was beautiful, not that I'll let that sway my opinion in the slightest.

It gives Bonita a run for it's money as my favourite vegan restaurant in Bangkok.

I recommend the deluxe veggie burger, which at 159 baht is by far the most expensive veggie burger that I've had in Thailand. It was worth the money though.

Pretty centrally located too, an easy walk from Asok BTS or Sukhumvit MRT.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 05, 2015

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Lovely atmosphere

Cons: A little expensive (although worth it)

great food in a nice place - Edit

May Veggie Home is stylish, centrally located and offers a range of freshly prepared dishes, from burgers and salads, all kinds of Thai and Japanese dishes and snacks. The place is mostly popular with foreigners.

Clearly, May Veggie Home doesn't compete with vegetarian street food restaurants, which is reflected in their prices. Comparing to other upper class vegetarian restaurants in Bangkok, I still think they offer good value for money.

Personally I wouldn't necessarily go to May Veggie Home to eat Thai dishes. There are many other restaurants for that in Bangkok. But if you are looking for a good Veggie Burger or some other non-Thai vegetarian treats, this is great place to eat.

Pros: central location, easy to find, multilingual menu, diverse choice of cuisines

Cons: thai food is spiced down, rather pricey

good - Edit

Was there two times.
I like the food.
It's a bit cold, try to avoid sitting under the AC.
They have a broad variety Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai.
It all tasted good.

They have vegan ice cream as well, which comes in quite handy as desert :D

Pros: all vegan, tastes good

Great Vegan Dishes - Edit

The food here is excellent. The menu is huge, and they offer Thai and Western food and includes interesting stuff. The portions aren't massive but it's quite good value for the price you pay. There is also vegan ice creams and even cakes for desserts. Nice and pleasant place to sit, too.

Pros: Huge menu, Great location, Delicious food

Good, not amazing - Edit

Food is ok, but I agree that it's rather pricey for the small portions. If you want to spend that much, you might as well go to rasayana raw restaurant. It's actually cheaper there and I found the portions to be bigger.

Pros: All vegan, Different cuisines

Cons: Expensive, Small portions

Average And Overpriced - Edit

I found this cafe not more than average. The prices are on the high side and the portion on the small. The atmosphere is weird, quite cold, maybe just right for the people in this area of town?

Dishes start from 99THB but most of them are around 180! And you can't fill up on one …

The biggest joke was the beetroot juice. 89THB for 100ml.

Sorry, I didn't like it. The only good thing about this place is that it's a vegetarian and is organic.

Pros: Vegetarian, Organic, Ice Cream

Cons: Expensive, Small Portions, Cold Atmosphere

GOOD FOOD! - Edit

The food is really good. Lovely atmosphere. Friendly staff speaking English.
A few dishes contain onion & garlic, but they are indicated in the menu. Just avoid them if you are a Buddhist vegetarian.
It was a pleasant experience. Love the yellow curry and the fried chicken with spicy sauce. They serve vegan ice-cream too! Will visit it when we go Bangkok again.
It would be better if the price can be lower though.

Pros: yummy, location, vegan desserts

Cons: slightly expensive

Best vegan Thai food in Bangkok - Edit

I have tried out many restaurants. Veggie May is the best and freshest I could find so far. My meateating friends are all impressed, too. Lots of mocked meat options and I love for example, the "chicken" burger, the chicken cashew nut, black pepper meat and the bacon-mushroom sticks. Highly recommended for a place to show carnivores that food can be supperyummie and healthy. Friendly owner cooks herself often. (Ms. May). Great vegan icecream, too.

Pros: Excellent Thai food

Cons: Main dishes 160-220 Baht

One of our Bankgok faves - Edit

May Veggie Home offers a winning take on the traveler café formula. Diverse menu, with a mix of healthy dishes and fried indulgences, so guests can have one, the other, or a mix. We much enjoyed the curries and many of the appetizers. Good desserts, too.

Service depends a lot on who comes to your table, and in general might be characterized as "casual," with the whole spectrum of things that can imply.

Hopefully they will keep improving in the new location and become an enduring institution.

Pros: Delicious & diverse menu, all vegan, good drinks and desserts

Cons: Service has been inconsistent

Splendidly convenient veggie eaterie - Edit

As a twice yearly visitor to Bangkok I've always been on the search for good food for vegetarians. At last I've found the perfect restaurant. It's also close to Asoke BTS near to where I usually stay. The food was fresh, tasty and imaginative and not expensive even for Bangkok. My first meal there was a faux chicken stir fry affair with fake sausage rice which was very tasty. Maybe an odd combo but it worked for me. Then a tasty fruit salad. For my farewell to Bangkok meal a couple of weeks later I had a fantastic veggie chicken steak with mash and fresh vegetables. Delicious. As I had more time I indulged in a ice cream dessert. The ice creams were 100% vegan I believe. I chose Black Sesame and Sweet Potato flavours. Wow! The owner chatted to me as well which showed that they care about their customers. I recommend not leaving it to late in the evening to go in as they don't open late. Will definitely return.

Updated from previous review on Sunday November 09, 2014

Pros: Quality of food, Variety, Imagination

Cons: Staff sometimes took a while to respond, Slight language barrier

Recommended - Edit

Ate here 3 times and each time left happy and well fed. Downsides are that it's at the pricier end, and I thought the menu relied on mock meats a little too much, but if neither of those put you off then definitely go as the food is well worthwhile.

Vegetarian Across Street from Exchange Tower - Edit

This vegetarian restaurant is directly across the street from Exchange Tower by the Asok BTS station.

I just paid a second visit to this restaurant this afternoon. Very good food, excellent variety of menu selections, and very tasty. Be careful though, if you order from the hot/spicy section, the items are VERY HOT and SPICY. I ordered one and it made me cry - just the way I like it - excellent!

As other have said, the staff is very friendly. Again, the restaurant is directly across the street from the Exchange Tower (which is adjacent to the Asok BTS station). You can see Exchange Tower front door from the restaurant. The prices are quite a bit higher than other restaurants but the restaurant is tourist grade quality and you'll find both locals and others eating here. I also had the Thai green tea, which is very different from Japanese or Chinese green tea - interesting taste. I had to go buy a tin elsewhere after I tasted it here.

Pros: quality food, friendly employees.

Cons: a bit more expensive than others.

Best vegetarian food In BKK - Edit

Located very near Asok BTS. Friendly English speaking staff who gave us clear directions.
Super yummy veg chicken chop and Thai food. Even the vegan ice cream is awesome.
Prices are on the high set though.
Will come back to BKK just to eat at May's veggie house.
YUM.

Great food, but I'll never go back! - Edit

I'm writing this for the benefit of the owners with the hope that they will wake up a bit.

Please properly air condition your restaurant. It was at least 35 when I was there the other day. One feeble air conditioner was running, the other was turned off. Customers were fanning themselves. At least buy some fans if you don't want to spend the money to air condition your restaurant. But really, you spent all that money creating a restaurant, your prices are not that cheap, why not just properly air condition the place. It will pay off in many return visits.

The waiter was extremely sick and sneezing directly into the food. The combination of sitting in a much too hot room and listening to the waiter sneeze and sniffle continuously was just extremely unpleasant and unsanitary. Send him home....

The food was great and I would really like to eat there again. Why would I though?

Pros: Great food, Great food, Great food

Cons: Much to hot!, Sick waiter!, Sick water!

Delightful Vegan at a New Location - Edit

Highly recommend this Restaurant in it's new easy to find place, so close to the Asok BTS Skytrain and MRT subway. Expanded versatile menu, with traditional Thai dishes, as well as the best veggie burgers, mock chicken or fish burgers too! They now have a vast variety of coffee drinks, as well. Try the new 'Monkey Mokha' smoothie, with banana, chocolate & fresh local coffee. Great service, nice music and staff, as well.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 02, 2014

Pros: Lovely Interior

Cons: Last order at 8:30. Later=Better!

Great location, food & service - Edit

Nice & close to the Thong Lo BTS, we stopped in for lunch & ordered drinks, salad, curry & a stir fry. Everything came out fast & had plenty of flavour. The serving sizes were standard & there was plenty of variety on the menu. More expensive than a food court or buffet but that should be expected from this relaxing location. Highly recommended & worth a try!

Pros: Location, Variety, Thai flavours, not a Western focus

Really nice place with lovely friendly owner - Edit

I popped in here last week and thought it was a really nice place. The food was really tasty. I think the owners are a mum and daughter team - I met the the mum and she was a really lovely woman - super friendly (she had me go around helping remove stickers from her menus!).

Pros: Location, Selection, owners

Good Food; Bad Service - Edit

The food was really good. But the service was awkward. Some of the staff don't speak any English. Which is fine, except they wouldn't even try to communicate with me in Thai. Another got annoyed when I tried to speak Thai to her, assuring me she could speak English. Then she was really pushy when she brought the food to the very small table. "Take it!" I'd say in general everyone seemed to have a bit of an attitude. Maybe it was an off night. Maybe I'll give em another chance. But for now, it is what it is. This would easily be a four or five star rating if the service was better.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 23, 2013

Pros: Food

Cons: Service

maymaria Hi scarrylarry,
Sorry for very late action. I am May, Owner and Chef of May Veggie Home. I would like to say apologize to you about the situation you had met. Could you describe personality of the person who showed the bad service to you? I will give a warning to her. I always realize that customer is not just a customer. They are my family. Some of them become my sister or brother. Actually our shop has 3 people who run a business, My mom(PLOY:72yrs)and My sister(TUK :23yrs) and me. My mom and my sister working in a front site, cashier/take order/serve. All of us can speak English and Thai fluently. If one of them showed rude service to you, please feel free to tell me.
I would like to say thank you again that you had been visited us and supported us to be a vegan cuisine which is very tuff biz in Thailand. Hope to see u again and have a nice day, Regards, May

Delicious - Edit

The restaurant reopened this week after renovations. It was our first visit even though we live in the neighborhood. The veggie burger is delicious. I'm suspect even some carnivores would enjoy it. The sauteed Chinese kale was perfectly prepared with just enough garlic. We also had mock shrimp with tofu and cashews. That dish arrived with some mixed vegetables. We enjoyed our meal. The mother and daughter both speak English. So if you're a tourist you'll have no communication issues. What's our verdict? We both agreed that we'll be back on a regular basis.

Pros: Perfectly prepared dishes , Fresh Ingredients , Clean and pleasant

Cons: Service Is Uneven But Friendly

Healthy, refreshing and friendly! - Edit

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Bangkok. I am a big fan of Thai food, but as a vegetarian I am limited sometimes when it comes to street food. This restaurant is located in the hip Thong Lo area, close to the famous street food street on soi 38. The daughter runs the place, together with her mom. It used to be a library, now it's a yummy vegan restaurant. I go there a lot, but everytime I go there I end up ordering the same things. The 'Rice Noodle in special yellow curry', creamy and very tasty. If they have any brownies, I'll have them too! Simply delicious!

I like to go back there, not just because of the food, but the staff is very friendly and pleasant to be around. Sometimes they sit down for a little chat!

Pros: No MSG, Friendly Staff, Authentic Thai Food

Lovely vegan food with lovely service - Edit

Looking at the reviews below, it seems like some things have changed at May's Veggie Home. For one, they are fully vegan. There's no pizza on the menue anymore, but there is a delicious vegan burger.

I love this place, and I keep coming back. It seems like many of their customers are returning, so that's a good sign. The food is great, mostly thai food and fake meat (tofu steak, fake duck and fake chicken). Not only are they vegan, they are genuinely concerned about your health. For one, they substitute the coconut milk in their curries with other vegan milk types that are not as fatty, without compromising on the taste. You can get spicy or mild food - they will ask you what you prefer.

These nice discrete details just adds to the experience - first and foremost the food is great.

The service is fantastic. I have only once been told that there's was something on the menu they wouldn't make, but that time I came just as they were closing so I just appreciated that they would still keep the kitchen open for me. If you're lucky, you might even get some leftover dessert from a meal the lovely staff made for some monks earlier that day - or they might give you a rose when you leave. My favourite restaurant in my area, easily.

The restaurant can be a bit hard to find, but it's on Thonglor close to Thong Lo BTS Station under a citibank awning. It's worth looking for!

Pros: Great food, Kind staff, Focus on the food being healthy

Cons: Can be hard to find

friendly veggie mom and daughter - Edit

we luckily showed up one night as they were about to close and mom and daughter happily made us a pad thai and salad. we were told they had sold out and to come back earlier. The menu looked great so we showed up at noon next time - only to be served the same thing.
Dont get me wrong - their food is yummy and cooked with love BUT dont expect to get the spring rolls or green curry... they dont serve whatever is on the menu... its whatever they decide to cook that day :)
that being said - we ate there quite a bit in the week were in BKK and highly recommend it.
Do note though that the SMALL map on happy cow is right - NOT the big one you download. it is close to the Thong lo subway - right next to a citibank sign and a flower shop.

Pros: wonderful friendliness, good value

Cons: slow, not cooking what is on the menu

great - Edit

The service and owners here make the experience a warm welcome compared to other Thai restaurants. The good is good and very clean and healthy. It's one of my favorite places in Thailand :) a little pricey I'd say but worth the money. A dish and drink will run you about 100, which is very cheap, but still more than other places in bkk

Pros: service, healthy, clean

Cons: expensive?

Good but not great - Edit

We went here for lunch and it was very nice. We had Massaman curry mushroom steakand Tom kah. It was all made freshly and the big mushrooms usedfor the steak were delicious. The Massaman sauce was wonderful. We were a bit disappointed at the very small portions. The staff were busy making food boxes for flood victims which is commendable except it was a chicken lunch. The owner told us flood victims wouldn't eat veggy food. Really? Seems there was a bit of a lack of commitment to vegetarians there! I think Thai people are willing to eat veggy food and I very much doubt that they would throw out a veggy meal. It's great to runa veggy restaurant but maybe there's no need to be apologetic about it? Just a thought.

Pros: Tasty food, Made freshly, Central location

Cons: Small portions, Parking is tricky

Excellent - I'll be visiting often - Edit

I went here for the first time today and was very pleasantly surprised. This is a fairly large place with seating for about 30 downstairs and also extra seating upstairs. It's a very clean and welcoming space and also very laid-back. The menu has a great choice and the food is freshly cooked and very tasty. I had the Thai Salad with crispy tofu and also the veg and mushroom fried in basil sauce. Both were excellent. I also had a Strawberry Smoothie which was made with cereal milk (they don't use cow's milk). For dessert I had the Soya Paradise, which was quite large. All in all I was very impressed. The service was friendly and it is a place I will visit often. There aren't enough cafes like this Bangkok.

Pros: Friendly Service, Brown rice , Mostly vegan dishes

Cons: Closed on Sundays

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has May Veggie Home closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8266 times since Oct 2011.