Mary's Market Bistro Cafe - State St

Contact 815-397-7291

4431 E State St (at US Highway 20), Rockford, Illinois, USA, 61108-2114

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several veg items: veggie wrap, black bean burger, fruit bowl, granola oatmeal, and others. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

good food - Edit

the food was really good! that was about it though. the service was horrible, the staff was not friendly at all. we felt un welcome. you seat yourself and if you want a menu you have to go get them and then go back and order at the counter and get your own drinks.

Pros: good food, food came out fairly fast

Cons: seating yourself, ordering at counter, very unfriendly

Unhappy Cow - Edit

This restaurant had very few meatless entries, hardly any baked goods on offer (the only thing in the display case was cheesecake made by an outside company), bland food and a bland corporate-chic interior to match. The worst part was the smells: by turns I was treated to the odor of something burning in the kitchen, urinals and unwashed bodies. You could do better at an IHOP or a Dennys and spend less.

A Rockford Veggie Option - Edit

I ate here a few months back; I ordered the Mediterranean Wrap [Vegan] along with Vegetarian Chili [also Vegan]. The wrap was very good, however I do not recommend the Veggie Chili; it tasted more like thick vegetable soup and was not very good. The atmosphere was VERY nice; it was especially a nice place to sit and eat by yourself [which is what I did]. There is another restaurant attached to it [in the front] called Aunt Mary's... just keep that in mind, as I almost went into there instead. Overall it was a very nice experience; it's nice to know that I have a place to eat when I visit my friends in Rockford!

Return to Rockford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mary's Market Bistro Cafe - State St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1700 times since Aug 2007.