First Review by Ken4057

Not bad at all - Edit

The only breakfasty item that is vegan is the apple french toast. It was pretty good. 6 thin pieces with a generous amount of apple topping. But I didnt think that it was enough food for 12$. I was still hungry since the few pieces of fruit on my plate were not very good or inedible. Nor was the cheap tea. But it wasn't bad and the location is great for me.

There is a whole menu page of more brunchy-or lunch/dinner items that are vegan and vegetarian. Several are middle-eastern (ex mezzo platters).

Other peoples' food smelled really good too and had bigger servings.

I probably won't come here often. I think the variety of breakfast/brunch items is better at Sadie's, and I want to try Karine's too. But Maggi's is good in a pinch. Especially if you are dining with a non-vegan.

Pros: lots of vegan options for lunch/dinner, quick service

Cons: only 1 vegan breakfast item, a bit overpriced, bad tea

Decent veg brunch fare, but a bit pricey - Edit

They have a whole page of veggie brunch items, most of which are vegan. I usually have the potato pancakes with fruit and salad. One option with the salad is a freshly made lemon-tahini dressing that's wonderful.

The patio is nice on warmer days, but it's next to a parking garage so it's not the nicest of views, though there is a parkette across the street.

I go here because it's a block away from my apartment and great for hungover, non-veg friends who're visiting.

On the downside, it's often packed, so expect to potentially wait a long time for your food.

Pros: Lots of fruit/veggies on plate, Nice veg selection, Locally owned

Cons: Really busy, Long wait

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maggi's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 936 times since Aug 2007.