Loving Hut - RenAi Road

Contact 02-27029089

2, Alley 19, Lane 300, Sec. 4, RenAi Rd, Da-an District, Taipei, Taiwan, 106

愛家 is part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually operated. Serves all vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Mon-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by Marenka

Never Disappoints! - Edit

I've been to a number of Loving Huts and they have yet to fail me. We had a spicy hot pot with dumplings and a mixed vegetable plate - both were delicious. Unfortunately, the staff speak minimal English but they were very friendly and eager to be of help. They do have an older version of the menu translated in English but the newer one seems to be much more extensive (I couldn't read it but they made an excellent recommendation!). The also restaurant doubles as a small vegan grocery store.

Pros: Wholesome, tasty food, Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: Language barrier

Hot pot! - Edit

This branch of LH specialises in hot pot and the soy milk hot pot I tried was delicious. I also like that you can have a light meal or snack here and I've tried many of the BBQ'd skewers (the tofu and the faux shrimp are the best), the Chinese Pesto pancake (love!) , the butternut squash soup and most of the desserts - the apple pie ice cream cake is a definite hit.

Friendly People - Edit

Friendly Staff, food is OK. I was presented with an English menu so I could point to what I wanted, as staff speak very little. Desserts not translated, so just point to the pictures.

Pros: All Vegan, Reasonable Prices, English menu

Cozy place, friendly staff, good food! - Edit

I was there around 6 p.m. and there was no buffet of course. I have ordered dumplings and a dessert: coffee and a slice of cake. The place is small and the selection of food is also limited. For instance the cake I had was the only one available today. But I have to say that I found the place extremely cozy. The staff was very welcoming and even though they have a very limited english, we managed to have a nice conversation. At around 6.30 p.m. I was the only customer and the staff was about to have dinner. They cooked stir-fried rice with vegetables and proteins. They offered me a small portion to taste so that I could share the meal with them! I will definitely come back in the future!

Pros: vegan, friendly staff, cozy place

Cons: few choices available, little english spoken

Lunch buffet - Edit

Vegan pay-per-weight buffet, noodle soup bowls also available. The place has also a fine selection of vegan groceries. Good for having a quick lunch, the atmosphere is not too special for dining.

The buffet has common Taiwanese items such as tofu, marinated mushroom and vegetables.

Got a good portion for less than 100 NTD.

Pros: reasonable price, Loving Hut - you can trust they're vegan, groceries

Cons: small place, small selection

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - RenAi Road closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2181 times since May 2012.