Breakfast

Open 1 June to 11 September only. Sankt Kanzian inn with vegan restaurant. Serves vegan buffet breakfast to staying guests.

First Review by Lu73

flowbandit

Points +723

08 Sep 2020

Great hotel!

Really nice fully vegan hotel!

carolvegan

Points +2682

03 Sep 2020

Perfect summer holidays

We did nothing but swim, eat, sleep and rest! Perfect place for that. No worries about the food because it is all vegan, like every Loving Hut in the world. It is a simple pension but with everything you need, like air conditioner, breakfast, the private pier direct to the lake (just 2 minutes walking from the pension) with available sunbed and parasol for the guests. My only critical point is, some of the sunbeds and the parasol are broken, they need to buy new ones, to provide at least two sunbeds and one parasol per room. Some people there were too selfish that they literally took 4 sunbeds for a family of 4 (that's ok), but 4 parasol! And we got nothing in 2 out of 5 days. So almost everyday we had to wake up early in the morning to assure some room at the pier, and also the stuff. This 4-people family was the last one to leave the pier and the first one to go there (always with the best equipment and at the end of the pier, direct to the water and the lake view). My guess is, they never put the chairs and the sun umbrellas back in the room, in order to ensure the best spot only and always for them. This has no control. I know it is not the pension's fault, but maybe they could control something about it from now. I didn't complain at the time cuz I did not want to destroy my holidays, which were amazing, I relaxed a lot, dolce far niente. Despite that, the restaurant was amazing with lots of options, not so cheap, but also not so expensive, considering that we were in a very touristic region, and everywhere around is very expensive (lots of people who were not Loving Hut guests were there to eat). The pension itself was very cheap, we paid 105€ per night. The staff is wonderfully friendly!!! And the whole pension is smoke free!!! What else? ;)

crazyliljess

Points +619

02 Sep 2020

idyllic, cute hotel

After my first stay, I can say for sure that I'll return, hopefully soon. There's a private dock where everybody takes the hotel's sunbeds - the lake itself is very warm & clear. What I really liked is that you get hot chocolate for breakfast - yey! And of course, the unusual fact that you don't have to pack a suitcase full of snacks "in case there are no vegan options". The staff was lovely, the food was so yummy - consider me a fan😄

Pros: only vegan food, nice staff

hatsikidee

Points +221

10 Sep 2019

Fantastic place and people

Fantastic, a vegan hotel with restaurant. What more can you hope for? Situated at a more quiet part of the lake, it's a perfect location. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is good and not expensive. The rooms are basic and there's no entertainment in the form of live music or shows. For that you need another type of hotel. This one is perfect for me. Too bad I don't live in the neighbourhood.

Pros: Everything is vegan!, Friendly, helpful staff, Nice location at lake

Jean-ClaudeSchmitz

Points +102

18 Aug 2019

Nice Hotel at a beautiful lake

The hotel itself is a bit oldfashioned and could need a makeover. howerever we loved the idea of a vegan hotel near a beautiful lake in europe. The staff is very friendly and helpful

ChristinaCresnik

Points +36

15 Aug 2019

Super! Komm gern wieder :)

Ich wünschte es gäbe mehr solcher Lokale in Österreich!

Pros: grosse Auswahl , Nette Bedienung , Sehr gutes Preis-leistungsverhältnis

happytourist

Points +188

04 Jul 2018

great place to stay and eat

Restaurantwise within the top3 in austria IMO

sunshineMUC

Points +467

07 Oct 2016

nice hotel with amazing vegan food

The hotel is a little bit basic to be honest, but it's located directly at lake Klopein and you'll get just the most amazing vegan food options ever! Also lake Klopein is one of the warmest lakes in Europe and the hotel offers a very own private wooden pier where you can enjoy the sunshine and jump into the lake! Also it's a great area for hiking or mountainbiking. I didn't like the breakfast options that much but lunch and dinner menu was just so amazing, that this isn't a big issue ;-)

Pros: great location, amazing lunch and dinner menu, private wooden pier at the lake

Cons: breakfast choices weren't that great, hotel is a little bit basic

BenStu

Points +76

18 May 2016

Fantastic Vegan Hotel

The hotel is located close to the lake Klopein. It is situated in the second row, but it has a private access to the lake. The hotel is completely vegan and also has a vegan restaurant. The included breakfast has a great variety of foods with different muesli with several different plant milks (e.g. almond, coconut-rice, rice, soy), fruits, breads, bread-rolls, etc.

The restaurant offers lots of Asian dishes, but also some fast food, e.g. Wiener Schnitzel or burger. We stayed at the Loving Hut for 10 days and ate at their restaurant for dinner and sometimes also for lunch, but we never had to eat the same dish twice. Everything we had was very delicious. Especially the summer rolls with the peanut sauce.

During our stay the staff was always very friendly, attentive and happy to help. The hotel is very clean and tidy. If you visit Carinthia, Austria we cannot recommend the Loving Hut hotel highly enough.

Pros: food variety , friendly staff, conpletely vegan

lallilaranja

Points +336

21 Aug 2014

Not just the food is vegan

We stopped here half way to get to Vienna. Our room was tidy and comfortable with a nice balcony. There are paintings everywhere. Not only breakfast is all vegan, but furniture have absolutely no leather, blankets have no feather nor wool. When you reserve consider that rooms without view on the lake have lower fare. Private jetty to go on the lake, which they say it is one of the warmest in Austria, so we could take a swim in those beautiful mountain waters. We also had dinner here, where I tried my first non-alcoholic beer: which is good!

EmilyBennett3050

Points +324

21 Aug 2014

Beautiful vegan hotel

We stayed at the hotel for four nights in August, 2014. My partner and I are both vegan and we chose Austria as a holiday destination because we wanted the chance to stay at the hotel (we adore the Loving Hut chain of restaurants!). We then planned to fly to Berlin which is also great for veggies. Our stay at the Loving Hut hotel did not disappoint and we were both very happy with our time there.

The hotel has a lovely peaceful atmosphere to it and the surrounding scenery and lake is beautiful too. You can take walks all around the lake or just go for a swim. Staff members were kind and courteous throughout the time that we were there. The other guests were also pleasant and smiles were always exchanged at breakfast or dinner. The room we stayed in was big and clean. It was complete with a great shower, wardrobe, TV, balcony area and wi-fi access. Private access to the lake and breakfast buffet was also included in the price.

We ate at the restaurant many times during our stay and the food was always freshly prepared and very tasty. There is a good mix of American, Chinese and Italian style dishes and the prices are very reasonable (for example, the King Burger with fries was very filling at 6.50 Euros). There is a nice selection of drinks and desserts too which include banana split, cheesecake, ice-cream and raw cake. My favourite dish was the taglietelle with creamy cheese sauce, vegan ham and cashews. Many people ate at the restaurant during our stay and that included people not actually staying at the hotel, which is a credit to the great-tasting food. Seating is indoor or outdoor on the patio which is ideal on a warm sunny day.

The hotel is child and animal friendly as some guests had both children and dogs. We made friends with a lovely lady from Switzerland who was staying with her daughter and dog, Benny. However, most guests seemed to be couples. Upon entering the hotel you are met with a garden full of animal figurines and there is even a sandpit and wooden climbing frame. A really nice touch is that water bowls are left out for dogs and the table in the lobby is always topped up with juice and snacks for the guests.

I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel (and restaurant) to anyone - veggie or non-veggie. A peaceful get away from city life, we are looking forward to returning.

Pros: Staff are very warm, restaurant food is amazing, very relaxing surroundings

Cons: Activities outside of the hotel are, limited unless you have a car

Lu73

Points +227

08 Jul 2014

Cozy, simple but warm hotel on the lake-side

Completely vegan, smoke-free, alcohol-free, child- and dogs-oriented, this very tranquil hotel is situated on Lake Klopein, which reaches a temperature of 28°C in summer (it's Austria's warmest lake).
You can use their private garden with a landing stage on the lake, where you can lay in the sun and/or use Loving Hut's sunbeds and sun umbrellas for free.
The restaurant provides guests with a healthy, vegan buffet breakfast. It also provides lunch and dinner. All dishes in the restaurant are 100% vegan, GMO free.
They use mostly local, organic and fair-trade products (also cleaning products, as I could see).
It is a clean, cozy but modern place - W-Lan in the whole hotel, flat-screen TV and balcony in the rooms-.

We slept really good as the hotel and the sorroundings are very quiet, food was delicious (we took all meals here, during our holiday-weekend).
We've loved our stay here and will surely come back!

Pros: clean, sunny, quiet, perfect location, good food, good price/quality, Nice personnel, nice guests

Cons: Only few vegan raw foods