CLOSED: LOVE Pacific Cafe

+81-522528429

3 Chome-23-38 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan, 460-0008

Cafe belonging to a fitness club. The 'LOVE' in name stands for local, organic, vegetable, eco-friendly. Does not use dairy, white sugar, or egg. Offers lunch sets from 11:30am followed by veggie burgers and rice bowls from approx. 3pm. Hours are very flexible - early visits recommended. Directions: take the subway to Fushimi, go out Exit 5 towards Shirakawa Koen, walk alongside the park with it on your right side, turn right at the first street after the stoplight, and the cafe will be on your left side in the second block. Closed May 2019.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Organic

First Review by kat.ross

Mixberry

Points +18

02 May 2019

Simple and beautiful - Edit

The food it’s really good and the attendance is really good, it’s a simple and peaceful. I really love it

VeganRox

Points +418

07 Apr 2019

Nice place- small menu - Edit

There is basically a choice of a couple of burger or a couple of rice bowls. Both nice and well presented. Maybe the portions are a little small but it's all tasty.

TeganMcNeish

Points +40

01 Apr 2019

Beautiful and simple sets - Edit

We got 2 different sets taco (with soup 900) and burger(soup and salad 1500). Soup was amazing and salad was very big (ended up taking it away). The burger was nice but small, the taco bowl was flavorful and medium sized.

Pros: All vegan, Flavourful sets, Friendly staff

Cons: Smaller portion of main item

LauraWagner

Points +78

25 Mar 2019

Cute and good - Edit

Excellent healthy food, tasty and not too expensive. The cafe is really cozy !

DenisDenis

Points +23

24 Mar 2019

Vegan paradise in Nagoya - Edit

Found this gem after visiting Supreme store a few streets away. Burger and rice salad was amazing. Drinks were on point and service was nice and smiling. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a time out in between udons, ramen and other non meat/fish options.

Pros: Vegan only, Friendly service , Nice location

JustJust

Points +178

13 Nov 2018

Nice place, small portions - Edit

A really cozy all vegan place with a nice and relaxed atmosphere.
Had a burger and potatoes which was a bit smaller than I thought. But it tasted really good.
I wish they had served it together and not the potatoes after I had finished the burger.
Also had their chocolate cake. It was the best!

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Small portions

VickiNewMath

Points +187

23 Sep 2018

delicious and full vegan!!! - Edit

Love the fried potatoes and the seitan burger! Wonderful staff and speaks some English.

SadieFortin

Points +15

07 Sep 2018

Yummy! - Edit

All very tasty food

Pros: Lots of vegan options

LesaPutnamBarry

Points +15

31 Aug 2018

Great Food! - Edit

My family of 4 loved the food. Three of us got the miso burger as my younger son (13) got a rice bowl. Very cute and close to shopping in Nagoya. We enjoyed our food very much.

Pros: All Vegan , So yummy, Cute cafe not far from shopping

Cons: A little on the expensive side but worth it

ElectricM

Points +159

18 Jul 2018

Nice burgers! - Edit

I came here at 4:30 pm and me and my partner were the only guests. Most dishes of the menu and side dishes such as rice were sold out so we just ordered what they still had. Three burgers, a side of potato wedges and one small portion of soup. Soup was surprisingly good. Today was super hot, so it was nice to get some extra fluid in! I might be crazy, but I think its a relief to have something hot when the weather is frying. The burgers were really nice, I liked the bean one especially as it had natural flavors and as very fres with a small salad and tomato and a nice mustard dressing . The bun was really good, sturdy but not dry, fluffy but not too soft. As most burgers, it fell apart half way through eating it, but that seems standard everywhere. The place was really cute and cozy and I would definitely come back but earlier in the day when they have a bigger selection. No WiFi here but that’s also quite common in Japan.

Pros: Good burgers , Nic atmosphere , Refreshing meals

Cons: Sold out on many dishes , Close early

JamieMead

Points +354

12 Jul 2018

Lovely lunch spot - Edit

Great to retreat from the summer heat. Quality set menu or limited a la carte. Tried the L.O.V.E. Burger and the Miso Burger - both were excellent.

Pros: Good organic salad bar, Delicious soup, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Limited menu

DelboyWilson

Points +87

10 Jun 2018

L.O.V.E. Love - Edit

Had the soy meat with rice and the taco rice. Both awesome. Everything looks great at this vegan, organic cafe. Charming little spot.

SomniFerum

Points +18

02 Jun 2018

amazing - Edit

had a really nice lunch here :) the miso-katsu burger is beyond amazing!

dmth

Points +98

29 May 2018

Great food - av service - Edit

Have been twice during our stay in Nagoya. The food is really nice, burgers great and chocolate cake great, however portions a bit small - we always ordered two burgers each.
Service wasn't great and the food takes awhile to be made, especially if there are a few people in the store.

andrismattson

Points +26

16 May 2018

great burger - Edit

Great food in a cool part of town. Cocoa gelato was really good too

MonicaQ

Points +33

02 May 2018

Recommend! - Edit

Great vegan burger and chocolate cake!

daninhavegan

Points +190

01 Nov 2017

Good location - Edit

The food is delicious but I've met unfriendly staff which made me feel sad. Sometimes the food takes a long time to come and many times that I went there was closed.
Sad for this review, specially because it's near from my home and it's a vegan place.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: It takes a long time to the food come

TaylorWhite

Points +30

16 Sep 2017

Favorite place, easy to get to - Edit

I've been coming here a lot lately, since it's easy to walk to from the city center. They have really great vegan burgers which I grab more often than not! I brought my vegan bf here when he visited and he said it was the best veggie burger he's ever had! Very cute shop! I love this place.

Pros: location, price, burgers

Jazbo

Points +26

14 Sep 2017

great little vegan spot - Edit

This a great little vegan cafe.. its very clean and has a good variety of fresh cooked food as well as a salad bar..
Very tasty and in the heart of Nagoya.. highly recommend!

ToraKo

Points +183

01 Jun 2017

Good food, well priced, awful service. - Edit

We had late lunch here today (around 14:50). Let me start by saying this is not a happy review - it's the first time I have something bad to say about a vegan place, and for that I'm sorry.

At first the lady in charge said "self serve?" and pointed at a buffet table. We asked in Japanese where we could sit and if we could have a burger. She never explained that the burger set was separate from the buffet, so we weren't clear on how to get our food or what exactly was in the set. After we had ordered and paid, we stood around looking quite confused but never got any directions on what to do, so we just sat down.

The set consisted of a tiny burger that took forever to prepare (we were waiting for about 15 minutes) and a small bowl of soup (that would've been cold by the time we got the burger, hadn't we decided to just go ahead and eat it first). Everything was delicious and well made, but my boyfriend's burger was so hot that it actually seared his lip pretty badly - I mean, you could see the skin was completely peeled off (and still is 3 hours later).

When we left we were still pretty hungry, my boyfriend was hurt and I was very dissapointed. We speak Japanese, so a bit of communication and directions would've been appreciated. I'm giving it 2 stars because of food quality, price and atmosphere, but I'm never coming back here.

Pros: good tasting food, reasonable price

Cons: bad service, very small portions, be careful with scorching hot food!!

eleanorclaire

Points +40

30 May 2017

Delicious healthy lunch - Edit

We had lunch here at about 12pm and were provided with English menus. We ordered the croquette burger set lunch for about 1500 yen which included a burger, soup, drink, and plate of salad which you can pile up with a selection of different salads. It was really delicious! The croquette was made of potato with some sort of seaweed in it. The staff were lovely and I would go back again!

Pros: All vegan, healthy, delicious

Cons: N/A

SamanthaIngridHo

Points +3748

17 Mar 2017

Tasty unfortunately short opening hours - Edit

The food here is delicious. However there is no English menu. I could only guess what it is by the photos. The staff speaks very little English.

Pros: Delicious food, Convenient location

Cons: No English Menu, Opening hours are short

Italian.vegan

Points +280

02 Dec 2016

Varying opening hours, small portions - Edit

We tried to eat here a few times and the opening hours on Happy Cow are not correct! We arrived just before 4pm wanting to eat a late lunch only to be told that last order had already been taken and they weren't serving anymore. Despite the sign on the door saying last order was 4:30!

The next time we ate here the sign from the door was gone.. we arrived around 2 to eat lunch only to be told that the lunch sets were finished and we had to order items individually from the menu. The same items that were in the lunch set for the same price! It was a bit strange..

When we finally got our food the burgers were very nice, but quite small. We also ordered a soup on the side and a chocolate cake. All the food was good,but as the other reviewers on here have said not totally satisfying due to the small portions.

The menu here is in English, and you have to place your order at the bar, no table service.

I would recommend eating here for a light lunch, but be aware it may be closed or you may miss last order. Get here early!

Pros: Nice food, Nice decor and atmosphere

Cons: Uncertain opening and ordering hours, Small portions

SarinaCornelia

Points +30

10 Oct 2016

not bad - Edit

I had the croquette burger which was pretty good. you can get a lunch set with a burger and a salad from their buffet and a soup. everything is very fresh, but the portions aren't that big. was not satisfied after the lunch set. but everything was delicious.

Pros: healthy, fresh, delicious

Cons: portions are small

SamanthaAllen

Points +41

13 Jun 2016

Vegan in Nagoya - Edit

A tasty little cafe hidden away in Sakae.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Staff is a bit rude

Jph71

Points +182

07 Jun 2016

great little find - Edit

Serving set menu . Was a great find . Lovely vegan food . Prices very reasonable . Bit of a language barrier but all good . Would visit again

Kamel

Points +29

20 Apr 2016

Nice! - Edit

Servings were small, but value for money was ok. We went at 11am and there wasn't much vegetarian to choose from, but I'm led to understand there is more choice at other times of the day. Flavours were yummy and I enjoyed my salad. Would go again.

Sarah_Japan

04 May 2016
Everything is vegan so I don't know why you thought there wasn't much choice. Maybe because lunch doesn't start until 11:30. If you have the chance, you should go back because the food is great! :)

Return to Nagoya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LOVE Pacific Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.