LOVE Pacific Cafe

Contact 052-252-8429

3 Chome-23-38 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan, 460-0008

Cafe belonging to a fitness club. The 'LOVE' in name stands for local, organic, vegetable, eco-friendly. Does not use dairy, white sugar, or egg. Lunch sets are offered from 11:30am-3pm. Cafe time from 3-8pm where one could get veggie burgers and rice bowls. Directions: take the subway to Fushimi, go out Exit 5 towards Shirakawa Koen, walk alongside the park with it on your right side, turn right at the first street after the stoplight, and the cafe will be on your left side in the second block.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Organic

First Review by SamanthaAllen

Nice! - Edit

Servings were small, but value for money was ok. We went at 11am and there wasn't much vegetarian to choose from, but I'm led to understand there is more choice at other times of the day. Flavours were yummy and I enjoyed my salad. Would go again.

tasty, grouchy - Edit

This was my first visit to this cafe - I don't live in Nagoya. When I came in I waited for a minute, not realizing it was self seating. No one greeted me. Luckily I read japanese, so I could read a sign on the wall explaining that you should first pick a seat then order at the register. As I was figuring this out, holding my duffel bag, a grim-faced employee said, "it's self service!" I picked a seat and went up to the counter. There are no full menus at the table, so if you don't know the menu it's hard to figure out what you want in advance before getting to the register. I had read here about the burgers, so I ordered the burger set. The grouchy cashier said "which burger??" I hadn't realized there was more than one (no menus at the table thing). She uncovered a page that showed three choices (page had been hidden under another menu). I asked her which she recommended and chose based on that and paid. She directed me to get my own soup at the end of the counter. Carrying it back to my table, I was worried I would spill as the tables are very close together and it's hard to maneuver; luckily, not all tables were filled so I was able to go around. I think it would be much trickier if it was crowded.
My burger was delivered to the table and was very tasty indeed. I think the service could use a serious upgrade though.

Pros: tasty, nice decor, prob closest veg place to Nagoya station

Cons: grouchy, self-service but no room to maneuver

Clean and stylish Vegan restaurant - Edit

I have gone to this place twice.

I love it that it is in near the city center, and the place is clean. Whatever they serve is vegan and vegetables seems to be mostly from the area.

Difficult to use as they are closed at night.

Food is just ok and hope it improves.

Pros: Short open hours

Cons: Location, Clean, Reasonable Price

Lovely little place with good food and great price - Edit

I was very impressed by this place as a great option (particularly with the difficulty of finding veg places in Nagoya). The place is clean and the staff helpful. There is plenty of selection and the food feels home made and is of course super-clean. I'll definitely visit again.

Pros: Great food, Great prices

Cons: Not the easiest location

Lovely vegan place in Nagoya - Edit

I had a hard time finding this place and walked all over, very hungry, so by the time I arrived they had finished serving lunch, so no lunch set for me.

However, I tried a soy meat + rice bowl and soup and it was all very tasty - the place has a nice, relaxing atmosphere and the 2 women working behind their counter were really sweet and friendly despite us not being able to communicate with each other :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Tasty food, One of few vegan places in Nagoya

Cons: A bit hard to find (maybe just me)

Delicious! - Edit

I went for lunch and ordered the lunch set. This included a veggie burger and fresh salad bar with soup. Sat outside in the sunshine. Purchased some vegan cookies for friends before leaving.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan

Cons: Limited Seating

sadness - Edit

I walked half way across the city, so hungry, and got there just as cafe hours were said to begin. They were closed and my heart was broken and also my stomach was empty. Thank god Japan sells Oreos.
Looked quaint from outside the closed doors of sadness I was behind, though.

welcoming and tasty - Edit

I ordered the veggie burger lunch set today and was more than happy! The lunch set consists of a buffet of veggies and you can fill one plate once at the buffet, you also get one cup of soup. There are three different veggie burger options to choose from as well. I had a coffee with my lunch and the total was around 1400 yen. There is an English menu available. The cafe itself is bright and clean and welcoming.

Best veggie burger you'll find around this area! - Edit

LOVE Pacific Cafe is located below LOVE Pacifit yoga studio. How great is that?

The lunch set is worth going for - you can get a veggie burger (choose from three types), a buffet fill-it-up-yourself salad plate and soup, and a cup of Yogi tea for under 2000 yen.

The staff are super friendly, and don't worry if you don't speak any Japanese- there's an English menu, but also pictures.

They also have desserts and recently started doing banana nut muffins. All white flour and refined sugar and dairy free!

Pros: Great veggie food, English menu + pictures

Cons: Kind of slow service

Very Nice Place! - Edit

I recently moved to Japan from the states, as vegetarian I didn't think it was going to be so hard to find places to eat in Japan... wrong very hard, not only that you are vegetarian (no eggs, no fish)but also the language barrier makes it even harder.
When I tried Love Cafe.... I was so happy, not only the peace of mind that you won't be finding any type of smiles in your food, but that the people that works in the cafe are the nicest people, so kind and so thoughtful. They take their time to prepare your food and they do it with so much care...
The food is delicious with a nice energy!!! we will be going there many times.
Yummy Ice cream and chocolate cake :-)

Pros: delicious food, good prices, VERY CLEAN

Cons: Unfortunately will be far from home, More food options for the dinner menu

delicious and healthy! - Edit

Myself and my husband came here with friends as we were in Nagoya for the Vegan Gourmet Festival. The food at Love was really good, and at a great price too. We liked the fact you could help yourself to the salad, and that there were a number of good options. We liked it so much that we went back the second day. It's ok for those who don't speak much Japanese too, as they had a very straight forward menu, and all the food is displayed right in front of you, so very easy to point to if you get stuck. Staff are very friendly, and we were pleased to see them at the Festival too. Definitely a great stop for vegans in Nagoya!! Try the matcha gelato. Wow :-)

Pros: healthy , choose your own salad, great desserts

Return to Nagoya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LOVE Pacific Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4129 times since Mar 2014.