LOVE Pacific Cafe

• ( 47 reviews )

1-17-17 Izumi, Higashi Ward, Nagoya, Japan, 461-0001

The 'LOVE' in name stands for local, organic, vegetable, eco-friendly. Does not use dairy, white sugar, or egg. Offers several types of vegan burgers plus muffins and chocolate cake, daily soup, teas and beverages. Re-opened here on the first floor of Pacific Sports Club Saka in early-2020 (previously at 3 Chome-23-38 Sakae, Naka-ku). Open Wed-Sat 11:00am-4:00pm. Closed Sun-Tue.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by kat.ross

RaqVeggie

Points +16

23 Sep 2021

Excellent

Delicious burger options. Totally vegan.

きんちゅん

Points +52

12 Aug 2021

ヴィーガンバーガーのお店

初めて行きましたが行ってよかったです。
ジャンクフードというよりは身体に良い物を食べてる
安心感がありました。
次回も行きたいです。

Pros: ビーガンメニューだけです!, 美味しい!

Cons: 少し高い

digitalmimi

Points +1098

11 Mar 2021

Burgers was nice, barely any seating

I had the miso katsu burger, ginger ale and a walnut muffin. The burger was tasty and a decent size. The muffin was also really good. Only complaint is there was only 3 counter seats and no tables. Not sure if that is due to covid, but I can’t see this being a place I would bring my friends.

Pros: All vegan, Good portion sizes

Cons: Limited seating, Short hours

sherrymakiroll

Points +328

01 Aug 2020

Delicious burgers

Very delicious vegan burgers, especially the soy meat burger.

Umhi

Points +24

17 Jul 2020

Very delicious vegan burgers.

The muffin and burgers I tried were very delicious. I am not a fan of veganaise but the taste was amazing.

Pros: Amazing flavor., Great staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive for size.

creamychoux

Points +202

02 Jun 2020

Nice little place

Only three burgers on the menu (and no sides), but the soy burger I had was delicious. They seem to sell out of a lot quickly. Will be going back to try one of the other burgers :)

mayatalise

Points +785

22 Feb 2020

Delicious vegan burgers

Finally, vegan burgers in Nagoya! I had the love hamburger, which was delicious. The muffins are also very tasty. My only complaint is that the menu is somewhat limited.

Mixberry

Points +18

02 May 2019

Simple and beautiful

The food it’s really good and the attendance is really good, it’s a simple and peaceful. I really love it

VeganRox

Points +490

07 Apr 2019

Nice place- small menu

There is basically a choice of a couple of burger or a couple of rice bowls. Both nice and well presented. Maybe the portions are a little small but it's all tasty.

TeganMcNeish

Points +40

01 Apr 2019

Beautiful and simple sets

We got 2 different sets taco (with soup 900) and burger(soup and salad 1500). Soup was amazing and salad was very big (ended up taking it away). The burger was nice but small, the taco bowl was flavorful and medium sized.

Pros: All vegan, Flavourful sets, Friendly staff

Cons: Smaller portion of main item

LauraWagner

Points +110

25 Mar 2019

Cute and good

Excellent healthy food, tasty and not too expensive. The cafe is really cozy !

DenisDenis

Points +27

24 Mar 2019

Vegan paradise in Nagoya

Found this gem after visiting Supreme store a few streets away. Burger and rice salad was amazing. Drinks were on point and service was nice and smiling. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a time out in between udons, ramen and other non meat/fish options.

Pros: Vegan only, Friendly service , Nice location

JustJust

Points +229

13 Nov 2018

Nice place, small portions

A really cozy all vegan place with a nice and relaxed atmosphere.
Had a burger and potatoes which was a bit smaller than I thought. But it tasted really good.
I wish they had served it together and not the potatoes after I had finished the burger.
Also had their chocolate cake. It was the best!

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Small portions

VickiNewMath

Points +387

23 Sep 2018

delicious and full vegan!!!

Love the fried potatoes and the seitan burger! Wonderful staff and speaks some English.

SadieFortin

Points +15

07 Sep 2018

Yummy!

All very tasty food

Pros: Lots of vegan options

LesaPutnamBarry

Points +15

31 Aug 2018

Great Food!

My family of 4 loved the food. Three of us got the miso burger as my younger son (13) got a rice bowl. Very cute and close to shopping in Nagoya. We enjoyed our food very much.

Pros: All Vegan , So yummy, Cute cafe not far from shopping

Cons: A little on the expensive side but worth it

ElectricM

Points +159

18 Jul 2018

Nice burgers!

I came here at 4:30 pm and me and my partner were the only guests. Most dishes of the menu and side dishes such as rice were sold out so we just ordered what they still had. Three burgers, a side of potato wedges and one small portion of soup. Soup was surprisingly good. Today was super hot, so it was nice to get some extra fluid in! I might be crazy, but I think its a relief to have something hot when the weather is frying. The burgers were really nice, I liked the bean one especially as it had natural flavors and as very fres with a small salad and tomato and a nice mustard dressing . The bun was really good, sturdy but not dry, fluffy but not too soft. As most burgers, it fell apart half way through eating it, but that seems standard everywhere. The place was really cute and cozy and I would definitely come back but earlier in the day when they have a bigger selection. No WiFi here but that’s also quite common in Japan.

Pros: Good burgers , Nic atmosphere , Refreshing meals

Cons: Sold out on many dishes , Close early

TravelWithMead

Points +378

12 Jul 2018

Lovely lunch spot

Great to retreat from the summer heat. Quality set menu or limited a la carte. Tried the L.O.V.E. Burger and the Miso Burger - both were excellent.

Pros: Good organic salad bar, Delicious soup, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Limited menu

DelboyWilson

Points +92

10 Jun 2018

L.O.V.E. Love

Had the soy meat with rice and the taco rice. Both awesome. Everything looks great at this vegan, organic cafe. Charming little spot.

SomniFerum

Points +36

02 Jun 2018

amazing

had a really nice lunch here :) the miso-katsu burger is beyond amazing!

dmth

Points +98

29 May 2018

Great food - av service

Have been twice during our stay in Nagoya. The food is really nice, burgers great and chocolate cake great, however portions a bit small - we always ordered two burgers each.
Service wasn't great and the food takes awhile to be made, especially if there are a few people in the store.

andrismattson

Points +26

16 May 2018

great burger

Great food in a cool part of town. Cocoa gelato was really good too

MonicaQ

Points +33

02 May 2018

Recommend!

Great vegan burger and chocolate cake!

daninhavegan

Points +190

01 Nov 2017

Good location

The food is delicious but I've met unfriendly staff which made me feel sad. Sometimes the food takes a long time to come and many times that I went there was closed.
Sad for this review, specially because it's near from my home and it's a vegan place.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: It takes a long time to the food come

TaylorWhite

Points +34

16 Sep 2017

Favorite place, easy to get to

I've been coming here a lot lately, since it's easy to walk to from the city center. They have really great vegan burgers which I grab more often than not! I brought my vegan bf here when he visited and he said it was the best veggie burger he's ever had! Very cute shop! I love this place.

Pros: location, price, burgers

Jazbo

Points +26

14 Sep 2017

great little vegan spot

This a great little vegan cafe.. its very clean and has a good variety of fresh cooked food as well as a salad bar..
Very tasty and in the heart of Nagoya.. highly recommend!

ToraKo

Points +255

01 Jun 2017

Good food, well priced, awful service.

We had late lunch here today (around 14:50). Let me start by saying this is not a happy review - it's the first time I have something bad to say about a vegan place, and for that I'm sorry.

At first the lady in charge said "self serve?" and pointed at a buffet table. We asked in Japanese where we could sit and if we could have a burger. She never explained that the burger set was separate from the buffet, so we weren't clear on how to get our food or what exactly was in the set. After we had ordered and paid, we stood around looking quite confused but never got any directions on what to do, so we just sat down.

The set consisted of a tiny burger that took forever to prepare (we were waiting for about 15 minutes) and a small bowl of soup (that would've been cold by the time we got the burger, hadn't we decided to just go ahead and eat it first). Everything was delicious and well made, but my boyfriend's burger was so hot that it actually seared his lip pretty badly - I mean, you could see the skin was completely peeled off (and still is 3 hours later).

When we left we were still pretty hungry, my boyfriend was hurt and I was very dissapointed. We speak Japanese, so a bit of communication and directions would've been appreciated. I'm giving it 2 stars because of food quality, price and atmosphere, but I'm never coming back here.

Pros: good tasting food, reasonable price

Cons: bad service, very small portions, be careful with scorching hot food!!

Return to Nagoya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LOVE Pacific Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.