First Review by Veganessent

Nice finding - Edit

Accidentally came across this place on HappyCow and thought I'd pay it a visit. Had travel quite a distance to get there and just got in time before closing. Someone recommended their burger so I went for it (make sure to ask which are vegan options which were about 5). Oh my... the burger was so delicious... on my first bite I momentarily thought I can taste some meat but it was just mushroom! There's plenty of seating inside and outdoors and staff is very nice. I wish it wasn't so inconveniently located!

Pros: Nice food, Friendly staff, Cheap

Cons: Far away, Early closing

Nice start to a visit to Notting Hill, but... - Edit

My partner and I came here for breakfast in what turned out to be a pleasant day wandering around Notting Hill second-hand shops. I had had enough 'big vegan breakfasts' and wanted something light, so chose the date yoghurt with granola. This was delicious and light with the right balance of yoghurt and granola to be just moist and just crisp enough. Obviously not feeling like something light, my partner chose nachos. I had a taste and they seemed fine but nothing special. What I had something of a problem with was that, when we ordered our accompanying smoothies (mine berry, my partner's mango) we were informed that some of the smoothies (including ours) actually came standard with frozen dairy yoghurt. This bothered me particularly because there are signs emphatically stating how everything is completely free of animal products and we were only advised when we ordered. (At least we were told.) Breakfast and the smoothie were good here, and I'd come back for more, but I think the dairy issue needs to be managed better.

Pros: Declicious well-balanced yoghurt-granola, Nice location near second-hand shops

Cons: Dairy content not clearly signposted

Yay!!! Vegan breakfast!!!/ Brunch and Lunch!!! - Edit

Well if there is one thing that has been missing in London , in West London at least, it's a place to get a good Vegan breakfast...that's now changed! Breakfast is now being served in the funky juice bar on Portobello Road. Scrambled tofu with toast hits the spot! Served with mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes with lots of thyme...means not only delish but a nutritionally complete meal (especially if you sit out in the sun on their cute patio to eat it). There is fresh juice to wash it down with. Great service and location ...at the North End of Portobello market so you can sit and get your eat on then go get your shop on ; )

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotus Cucina Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3494 times since May 2014.