LifeFood Organic

Contact 323-466-0927

1507 N Cahuenga Blvd (at opposite Amoeba Records), Hollywood, California, USA, 90028

Raw food counter and retail shop with a small seating area. Food is prepackaged and refrigerated, includes a range of cold raw salads, a raw nut chili, smoothies, and raw patisserie. All raw except for bread used in the sandwiches. Retail area sells organic health care and beauty products. Uses honey and bee pollen, labeled. Has an outlet in Santa Monica. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by TRaeCH

WOW this place is AMAZING!! - Edit

The energy is amazing as soon as you walk in. There is a variety of beautiful food items in the deli case and a case full of cold pressed juices. Everything I tried was delicious including the Lasanga, Japanese Kelp Noodles, and Eggless Wrap. For smoothies the Morning Jing and Rainforest were my favorite. And for dessert the buckwheaties and lemon poppy seed cake hit the spot!

Can't go wrong with anything though -seems like they know what they're doing here when it comes to awesome raw plant based and vegan food options!

Cool Cafe by Amoeba Music - Edit

This cute modern place is happy, brightly lit, and well organized. Situated next to the Sweat Shop LA ( which I accidentally entered into I'll try to get into Life Food Organic), Is mainly is juice bar with a refrigerator case full of gluten free foods with the exception of two items that have goat cheese.
I end up getting the large custom smoothie. I decide to go tropical And get a coconut water base with coconut meat, papaya, and mango. This smoothie delivers a new satisfying combined taste of refreshingly familiar flavors.
The helpful staff seemed genuinely excited about me trying out this smoothies for the first time and walked me through the process with zeal.

Veg out,

Veggie Army
www.VeggieArmy.com

Little place with good selection - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my LifeFood Organic review. My friend and I were on our way to the Golden Bridge Yoga studio for a workshop. We looked at HappyCow maps and noticed that this place was just nearby, so we came for lunch beforehand.

LifeFood Organic is a raw cafe, mostly takeout kind of place. There are 2 small areas with tables for seating. All the food is already prepared and packaged and stored in refrigerators for choosing. There is a good variety including several desserts, various salads, and a couple sandwiches - though the sandwich bread is not raw, it's sprouted bread. There is a separate fridge with all sorts of smoothies and beverages.

My friend and I shared the chili, a wild black rice salad, a kelp noodle salad, plus a lemon poppy seed cake (made with almond meal), and a berry tart/pie. Every is raw and served cold. I enjoyed everything, especially the wild rice salad and the kelp noodle salad. My friend liked the lemon poppy seed cake. The chili was pretty good, too.

My only complaint would be that the portions are a bit small for the price. However, I understand that the location is very central and the rent is probably expense. The food is organic and well prepared, so it's definitely worth the try. I'm glad I did and would definitely return to try the other stuff.

Pros: good variety, nice flavors, biodegradable packaging

Cons: small portions

Raw food... - Edit

I feel kind of bad about writing this review because I wanted to love it, but I didn't. I got their chilled leek soup and a salad that seemed like it had been sitting there for a while. I don't remember there being that much of a variety in choices. It wasn't fresh... Also, the person behind the counter was not very nice and not helpful. No one was in there when I went and when I left, I wasn't surprised as I figured why...

Loved this place - Edit

My partner and I stopped by for lunch here while in the neighborhood. It was very convenient being right in the center of Hollywood. There were so many options that we literally stood in front of the display counter debating for a good 10 minutes before compromising on a bagel, a wrap, a kale salad, and a tiramisu. Everything was delicious. Portions might seem small but the food was actually quite filling because of all the fats; it lasted me the whole afternoon and I hadn't even had breakfast that day. I would definitely come back if I visit L.A. again!

Pros: food, location

The Chili. Have the chili!!! - Edit

I went to LifeFood Organic a few months ago after spending a day (most of it in Amoeba record store) in Hollywood. They were about to switch over to their "summer menu" (menu changes twice a year, so I was told, so they can prepare food based on what is in season). The owner was there and told us about the place, their approach to raw food and about what they offered. She was very helpful.

I had their award winning raw chili. It was incredible. Chili cannot taste any better than this! You must try it if in the area! My friend ordered a sandwich, if I recall correctly and he enjoyed it - I liked it a lot based on my one bite.

I am very partial to raw food restaurants so keep that in mind when considering the score I am giving it. Overall, the food was superb, staff very friendly and helpful, location is incredible, and for what they - as a small outfit - attempt to do, they pull it off just about perfectly. Healthy food and juices/smoothies with all natural products for sale as well. I loved LifeFood Organic.

Pros: Chili, Delicious food, Owner was great

Cons: Perhaps a tiny bit pricey

Return to Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LifeFood Organic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2879 times since Feb 2010.