Le Botaniste

Contact 092334535

Hoornstraat 13, Ghent, Belgium, 9000

Open July 2015 an organic botanical fast food and wine bar. Has gluten-free, does not use refine sugars. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, European

First Review by JulieMarleneSimal

Nice cosy place with finer kitchen - Edit

Le Botaniste offers a variety of somewhat pricey but splendid food. It's worth visiting in small groups, because there's not a lot of place for groups over 4 people to sit at the same table. Nice variety of deserts for the sugartooth. We had a good choice of wine, though I'm not so much in the know.

Pros: cosy place, nice food, decent portions

My inside beauty salon - Edit

This was our first stop in Ghent, how lucky, we stumbled on the best place up on arrival. Delicious bowl-dishes and beautiful vin naturels to choose from in a beautifull setting that reflects the menu; it's authentic and chic at the same time. Totally fallen in love with le Botaniste. And the seaweedpast is to die for. Service is good, quick and friendly. Don't miss this when in Ghent!

Pros: amazing food in taste and colour, beautiful interieur, organic beer and vin naturel

Good vegan food - Edit

Nice, fresh food! My boyfriend and I both got bowls, one chilli and one curry, both were good and tasted nice and homemade. I would recommend this place for a quick and healthy place to eat.

Pros: Fast, Good food, decent prices

Cons: the dessert was too healthy

Expected more... - Edit

The reviews on this restaurant were so good, we went there with high expectation. Maybe because of that we were a bit disappointed.

I’d wish for more vegetables (the pasta didn’t have any). The Tibitan bowl had a nice surprising flavor, but again, with more veggies, it would have been easier to finish it all.

The apple dessert (which was rated ‘’high’’ here on HappyCow), wasn’t so special to us. Named ‘vulcano’ we expected something inside ^^ hihi. It was a fresh and creamy dessert, but not something to come back for.

Don’t expect a restaurant-restaurant. It has a bar to eat on and large high tables. On the patio some small tables. Inside is beautiful and well designed, the terrace though needs still more work…

Our favorite place!! - Edit

My boyfriend and I visited Le Botaniste twice this year and it's by far our favorite place EVER. The food tastes amazing and is beautifully presented. The dishes are truly healthy and that's something you definitely feel in your stomach afterwards. With all the vegan fast food places out there it is so great to have a restaurant like this one where you can just eat nice and healthy food without fe about. I also love the interior and concept, and the staff is extremely friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and we will definitely eat here again!

Pros: Delicious healthy food, Friendly staff

Fancy shmancy and very tasty! - Edit

Here I am Sitting in the back room room of Le Botaniste using the free wi fi and savouring the sweet tastes that remain in my mouth from all the food I have eaten here tonight.
we had a mix of dips with crackers and all were lovely, some were zesty and tangy others just sumptuously satisfying in flavour. The only downside was not enogh crackers 5 instead of the 3 would have been better.
I had a miso noodle soup that was strong but not overpowering, my comrade enjoyed a light peanut sauce dish called Tibetan Mamma, both are recommended.
The desserts are a delight! The apple volcanoe is both different and delicious. Grated apple with light spices and some extra unidentified bits in a sweet milk the apple is moist yet chewy. Mmmmmm :)
I also had the rice pudding because this too is an uncommon option for vegan food outlets. it was great, creamy and just sweet with I think a custard mix. I combined this with the Apple Volcanoe for a real treat.
'The chocolate avocado mousse hides a suspended chocolate cake within and pleased Comrade James much more than most desserts do for him.,
the internal decor is old school posh Belgium townhouse, the food is nicely displayed, though the glass barrier seems a tad OTT, . I will return to try the rest of the menu, let's hope this place continues to thrive.

Updated from previous review on Friday March 25, 2016

Pros: Great healthy food, Tasty imaginative dishes and desserts, Friendly staff nice facilities

Cons: Not cheap, No proper tea , it's all green or herbal

Beautiful food - Edit

Went for lunch at this really interesting new restaurant. The decor is amazing, the food is displayed on a counter and and the choice is great both raw and cooked food. Options include sushi, stuffed avacado, dips and various bowls for hearty mains. For Dessert i had the apple volcano with cashew cream and took away a great peanut butter cookie. The service was friendly and the restaurant was light and fresh.

Pros: Beautiful presentation, Lovely choice, Interesting decor

Genuinely healthy fast food - Edit

Yummy peanut butter & quinoa cookie.

Main dishes were tasty and genuinely healthy which is rare in any restaurant, let alone one with a fast food concept.

Friendly staff and home made juice. Very happy!

Pros: Super healthy Vegan only!

Cons: disposable bowls and cutlery for eat in

Return to Ghent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Botaniste closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5127 times since Jun 2015.