Lassen's Deli and Juice Bar

Contact 661-324-6990

4308 California Ave, Bakersfield, California, USA, 93309

Serves meat, vegan options available. Deli, salad bar, hot food, fresh juices and smoothies bar inside Lassen's Natural Food Market. Makes vegetarian and vegan sandwich and wraps, marked. Many tables for seating inside. Note: This is featured as 'veg-friendly restaurant' because Bakersfield offers very few choices for vegetarian dining, and this is a good option.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

Life Saver - Edit

Whoosh, I am glad this good market is there – the temp. was 107F. I drove from San Diego to Sequoia National park with four non-vegans in the car. Big store. Everyone left happy with a lunch to go and eats for the trip. Lots of prepared food. Stopped on the way back too and the big green juice I had was a godsend.

Lots of Options - Edit

I usually get their salad bar with my daughter. It has plenty of options with toppings for green salads and there is a good selection of prepared salads, macaroni, potato, edamame black bean etc. Always clean whenever I have gone.

Pros: plenty of options

Cons: sometimes reeks of cooking meat

Stay Away!!!!!! - Edit

As a new person to the vegan scene I like to take my time and read the menu before I order something since I appeared to be taking my time the little lady behind the counter told me in a sass "I'll be back when you are ready to order." Take into consideration that there was no one there and I was the only one ordering, there was no need to rush whatsoever! I hate Lassen's on California Ave, in its entirety! If you are a person accustomed to receiving adequate friendly service stay away, stay away!

Good, But Pricey - Edit

Lassen's is a grocery store and a deli-type restaurant. They have an excellent selection of vegan items, such as fruit and veggie smoothies and juices, and some awesome faux-meats like kung pao, lemongrass, and teriyaki. I highly recommend trying their meats, as well as some of their drinks, but be warned, the price is even above Whole Foods.

Pros: Selection, Flavor, Friendly Staff

Cons: Price

Great food - Edit

Try their vegetarian chicken foods, such as Kung pao chicken and citrus chicken. Really,really good! All of their already prepared food looks good. wish I could find fake chicken like that to use at home. Anyone know of a source would love to hear about it.

All Right - Edit

Found out about Lassen's on happycow and stopped in enroute to San Francisco several weeks ago. Here's my Lassen's Deli review.

For lunch my husband and I shared a fresh pressed beet juice and a vegan chicken sandwich/burger (I believe the patty is Boca brand), and it was tasty.

We also got to sample various offerings throughout the store. It's a great store with all the usual and interesting healthy and natural food stuff.

Pros: has vegan & veg, labeled, fresh juice bar

Cons: not all veg

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lassen's Deli and Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3480 times since Dec 2011.