Las Iguanas

+44-1392210753

79-81 Queen St, Exeter, England, EX4 3RP

Serves meat, vegan options available. UK chain Latin American food restaurant and bar serving dishes from Brazil and Mexico. Has labeled menu section for vegetarian and vegan food. Vegan options include mushroom fajita, salads, chilli, and a South American coconut based curry called bahia moqueca. Happy hour cocktails. Lively trendy atmosphere. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm. Cocktail bar open until 12:30am Friday & Saturday

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Brazilian, Non-veg

First Review by Ffion89

Vegan curry and happy hour! - Edit

Now that they have started allowing staff to keep all of their tips I finally feel able to return to one of my favourite places to eat in Exeter after a few months off! I've been to a few different Las Iguanas restaurants around the country, and was really happy when they opened one in my hometown.

Since going vegan I have also learnt that they provide quite a few vegan options, including the meal that was already my favourite, the Bahia Moqueca. It's a South American style curry, which is very mild but full of flavour and different to any type of curry I'd had previously.

I would definitely recommend choosing either the veggie curry or the chilli, whether you're vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater. The flavours are great, and Las Iguanas tends to do these types of meals better than they do burgers, enchiladas, burritos etc. which can actually be quite disappointing.

The service is always extremely friendly (sometimes a bit too full on in my opinion) and the atmosphere is relaxed with nice music in the background.

They seem to have happy hour most of the time, with 2 for 1 on all cocktails and mocktails. I don't drink often, so usually opt for a mocktail which are always delicious and a nice change from apple juice.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Delicious vegan curry and chilli, Happy hour!

Cons: Staff seem forced to be super friendly, Some meals can be disappointing

Return to Exeter Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Las Iguanas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.