Laliguras Indian and Nepali Bistro

202-735-5097

4221 Connecticut Ave NW (at Van Ness area, Washington DC), Washington, District Of Columbia, USA, 20008

Serves meat, vegan options available. Himalayan cuisine with Indian and Nepali dishes. Menu marks the vegan items with a V: curries, vegetables, lentils, a couple vegan lunch options. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 3:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Van Ness favorite - Edit

Laliguras is a great Indian restaurant!!
There aren’t many options around van ness in general, but laliguras is definitely a good restaurant in all categories.

Great lunch menu- full meal for 9$

Ask for the non buttered Nan Bread.
My favorite-
Samosa (don’t eat the yogurt)
Alo Goobi

Underwhelming - Edit

I live in this neighborhood, and I wanted to like this place so badly because the neighborhood doesn't have a ton of options. I don't mean vegan options. I mean options, period. But I just couldn't get into it. It just seemed a little too expensive normally, and the lunch special options seem underwhelming.

I probably also don't go here because it's right next to Pho 14. Pho 14 has a vegetarian version of everything on their menu. Go there instead and get the vegetarian pho, made with vegetarian broth. It's so good! I could probably eat pho everyday, and if you're going to be in a neighborhood with very little to choose from, at least one of those options has pho with veggies and tofu that is actually vegetarian.

When I want Indian food, I get the lunch buffet at Cafe India in Tenleytown, which also marks what is vegan on their menu and lunch buffet. Admittedly, that doesn't address Nepalese food.

Vegan in Van Ness? Yes. - Edit

Some parts of DC are more vegan friendly than others. Thankfully, Laliguras is making the Van Ness dining scape more vegan friendly. They have a menu with traditional vegetarian dishes from Indian and Nepalese cuisine. About half of the veg dishes are vegan, as denoted by a V in parentheses. Awesome dishes like curries with legumes and spices can be expected, but I prefer the dishes with veggies like the cauliflower and mustard greens.

The dishes are tasty, but the serving sizes may lend themselves to a noticeably absent feeling of satiety. So, just know that you may want to order an appetizer, or my preference, add 1 extra dish to share between 2 people. Then you can try more. The prices are fine for the area. Service is good. Decor is suitable and welcoming. Parking is easy; metro is easy.

Pros: V = vegan

Cons: Portions kind of small

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laliguras Indian and Nepali Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.