First Review by Oscar M

Excellent hummous - Edit

The place is cozy and the staff is really friendly. Their different hummous are awesome (I specifically recommend the mushroom one). We liked the food so much we ate there thrice in the same week.

But if you are vegan, be sure to inform the waiter you are.

Pros: The vegan turron as dessert

Cons: The not vegan dessert that look delicious

Great Hummus and Drinks - Edit

The hummus is so good! So much better than the US and very close to what I have had in Israel. It is served warm with the warm chickpeas on top which I love! They also have really great drinks. I had a guavarita (guava margarita) which was amazing!

Pros: great hummus, great drinks, halva

Cons: not completely vegan, no baklava, very short menu

Tasty daily tapas - Edit

It is probably obvious that hummus is delicious in this place. However, what made me like this place even more were the daily tapas. They change daily, but the ones that I had when I visited (sweet potato and lentils) were incredibly tasty. The place is quite busy primarily with year-abroad college students trying not to forget their English with their counterparts from other U.S. universities. Thus, as in many good places in Spain it is a good idea to reserve a table.

Great hummus in a cosy setting - Edit

This is a very cosy, relaxed restaurant with lovely food made with care. The hummus with mushrooms is delicious, as is the homemade pita.

Closely rivals Barcelona's 'Hummus Vegetariano' for the best hummus I've tried!

Pros: Delicious hummus, Cosy, relaxed vibe, Attentive staff

Cons: Small premises

I recommend it - Edit

Highly recommended. It is not expensive, have many hummus variations, tasty starters and salads and it is all about cheekpeas. I cannot give them 5 stars because the decoration of the local is not as cozy as it should be. Also we had to share the table with other persons, althogh the half of the local was empty (supposingly there were some reservations but nobody came). The stuff were nice.

Pros: economic, tasty, nice waiters

Cons: not cozy

All about hummus - Edit

Nice place to get your daily dose of hummus. There's very little to have apart from the hummus (which comes with a few additional toppings to choose: pine nuts+almonds, sautéed mushrooms, warm chickpeas, etc.): a couple of salads and tapas changing from day to day. Don't get me wrong, the hummus is awesome and I really enjoyed it, but I think they should be adding some more dishes to their menu. The staff is really nice and helpful, don't forget to ask for a vegan desert which may not be listed in the menu

Pros: delicious hummus recipe, vegan desert off the menu, super friendly staff

Cons: limited choice

Yummy hummus - Edit

La hummuseria is exactly what the name says: a hummus place. The menu is not very long as it is mainly hummus in a few different variations (I tried the one with artichokes and it was just delicious), some tapas like roasted couliflower and beetroots (both beautiful), mediterranean salad and dessert. Everything is vegan with the exception of having the choice to add a boiled egg to your order and if I am not mistaken the dessert although I was lucky and that day they had a special dessert that was vegan: some sort of sesame turrón with apple slices and raisins that was a great ending to our meal.

The staff and the owners and chefs are all super nice and friendly and we felt really confortable. The place itself is warm, cozy, simple, bright and of clean aesthetics.

I definitely expect to go back many times so I can try all their different variations of a great hummus done to perfection. There is only one little but, it'd be great if there was permanently a vegan dessert in their daily menu since I have a sweet tooth.

Pros: Great food, Super friendly staff, Inexpensive

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Hummuseria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.