First Review by HollyBrown

Amazing vegan desserts! - Edit

Lovely little bakery with many dessert options. I bought the soft chocolate chip cookie and chocolate almond cake. Both were amazing! The cookie was the most memorable because it was so soft and gooey. It literally melted in my mouth. Also this place is 100% vegan ❤️

Pros: Vegan , Many options, Cool area

Delicious! - Edit

Went there for the first time today and oh my!! I had the red velvet cake, which came so beautifully displayed on a jar! I could not believe that was vegan.
I will most definitely will go back more often to this place, and try some other delicious goodies they have there. Super nice girl that attended me as well!!

Pros: Quiet place, Variety, Quality of the food

Cons: Pricy

Fantastic find! - Edit

Bought one of almost every cake from this bakery, and all of them were great! Staff were friendly and helpful. Only a shame they didn't have anywhere to sit down with a coffee!

Pros: Amazing cakes, Great selection , Fair prices

Cons: No seating area

Delicious vegan desserts! - Edit

Whenever I walk by this place, I just have to get something. I love their carrot cake! And the tiramisu is amazing. The service is lovely and I love the presentation of everything. I highly recommend La Besneta!

Pros: very friendly staff, delicious vegan cakes, great area

If Carlsberg did vegan bakeries - Edit

I can confidently say this is the best vegan bakery I've ever been to. You can actually see the workspace at the back, where it all happens, where it's all baked and where the magic emerges from the ovens. The presentation is wonderful and so is the quality of the produce. We bought a piece of carrot cake. Amazing. A traditional Argentinian soft biscuit. Sublime. I really love the Gracia area of Barcelona, it feels right and I just can't get enough. Depeche Mode moment. If you're into cookies, brownies, cupcakes, gateaux and any other type of cake without the calf milk and unfertilised chicken embryos then I would suggest you come here. The window display alone is enough to send you into orbit. Don't miss out on this place on a visit to Barcelona.

Pros: great vegan cakes, friendly, visible kitchen area

Best Bakery I've Ever Been To - Edit

This bakery is top notch, regardless of whether it's vegan or not. I've been loads of times and will go back again, very friendly staff too. Tad pricey but a case of you get what you pay for.

Pros: Food quality, Location, Service

Great! I'll definitely come back. - Edit

Paid a visit to this "bakery" (actually, no bread there so imho it's more of a "pastry shop") on Oct-2015.
The staff was very welcoming and attentive.

On that day they had prepared "alfajores", which was a pleasant surprise, as I hadn't found them anywhere else before. I also got the carrot cake and the lemon cake.
The cakes were very good and beautifully presented.
The alfajores were good, a little bit dry; but I think for someone who hasn't eaten them since becoming vegan, they were great.

You should be aware that this is a only take away shop, so get ready for having your nice sweets back home (or on the go, as you prefer).
And, in case it matters, they take the vegan thing seriously, as everyone working there is vegan!

I hope they keep trying new things, and that they manage to expand their business to all sorts of cafes, vegan and non-vegan.

Pros: tasty pastries, nice friendly staff, very fair prices

yum - Edit

I have just finished some carrot cake and I'm now in the middle of my second muffin. Everything is absolutely delicious and the people in there are super nice! Couldn't recommend it enough, especially seeing as Barcelona isn't very vegan friendly.

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Besneta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2096 times since Aug 2015.