Kippy's Ice Cream Shop

• Other Other
Contact 310-399-4871

245 Main St Ste 3D, Venice, California, USA, 90291

Raw ice cream shop, moved here Feb 2016 from 326 Lincoln Blvd. Uses raw honey and date as sweetener. Each day offering around 10 flavors with 2 or 3 being vegan suitable (date). A fridge case is stocked with bottled juices, coconut cream, and a few other items. Open Mon-Wed 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

First Review by springhuepfer

Not the best vegan ice cream... - Edit

We were excited this place had opened up so close to our apartment. Maybe if we were vegan instead of vegetarian, we'd be really thrilled with this place, but for us, it fell short. And after eating what was Lula's in Manhattan, I know just how good vegan ice cream can be.

Positives
+ Made from only four ingredients: raw honey, dates, coconut cream and a seed for the coffee-based flavors (no actual coffee included) ... even if it may not be low calorie, you convince yourself you are being healthy from this mix of ingredients!
+ Lots of healthy and fun toppings: magic shell, bee pollen, goji berries, etc.
+ Good amount of seating in the shop
+ Well-located on Main Street

Negatives
- Texture is off - you can convince yourself you're having a fun, cold snack, but it is definitely not ice cream
- None of the flavors stood out as remarkable and none were terribly strong in flavor - the deep chocolate one had a chocolate-esque flavor to it, the strawberry a fruity flavor, but they weren't deeply any one flavor
- It was (I believe) $6.50 for two very small scoops and magic shell. This is expensive, even if quality ingredients are being used. Salt + Straw on Abbot Kinney also offers a rotating vegan flavor, and their ice cream is local and lower priced.
- Service wasn't very friendly. She gave us some samples but it felt rushed and not very helpful.

Overall, there's lots of ice cream in the area, so we likely won't go back. Maybe I'd take my sister whose vegan next time she visits?

Simply the best! - Edit

Kippy's Ice Cream is not only raw and made with all good, healthy, organic ingredients but it is also the most delicious ice cream I came across! Kippy's Ice Cream Store is a retreat, you can truly feel and taste the love and passion.
Try cinnamon vanilla, choc cappuccino, choc chip, lavender, orange cream, honey coconut and more changing flavors! There are lots of different toppings including a coconut based whipped cream! They offer a Yoga & Ice Cream Cleanse, which I'd love to join next time I'm around. Kippys Non-Dairy Ice Creams & Sorbets are also available at some local health food stores (I've seen it at Whole Foods) under the brand Truly Raw.

Go and try it, it's definitely something you don't want to miss!

Pros: raw, organic, pure, great taste, loving atmosphere, friendly staff

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kippy's Ice Cream Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 864 times since Feb 2014.