CLOSED: Katina's

• Veg-friendly

Contact 609-399-5525

501 E 9th St, Ocean City, New Jersey, USA, 08226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Greek gyro and pita house. Veg choices include hummus, grape leaves, falafel, spinach pies, vegetarian platter, and a couple sandwich. Vegans need to specify as dairy is used. MAY 2016 REPORTED SOLD AND NO VEGAN OPTIONS.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by Lynn

the last time - Edit

I have been living in Ocean City for two years now and have had Katina's about a dozen times. My order has always been the same, falafel sandwich w/out dairy sauce(since i read the only other review and it's suggestions). Out of these dozen or so times they've gotten it right three times. Tonight was definitely the last time. My food was totally greasy, and yes i realize the nature of the food and how it's prepped and cooked, but come on- even the pita was greasy. And after specifically repeating ONLY TAHINI sauce, NO DAIRY sauce...yup- they still got it wrong. And not for nothing, it wouldn't hurt for the employees to smile once in a while. It just seems as though the place had a great thing going on in the past and is now just seems totally disingenuous. bummer.

Pros: local

Cons: poor service, really greasy, poor communication skills

Pretty good, not vegetarian or vegan - Edit

I ordered a falafel sandwich platter and asked the waitress to hold the feta cheese. The platter was good but the falafel was covered with sour cream (I wish I'd known it is served that way since I am vegan; usually it is served with tahini!). The service was pretty good but I felt rushed although the place was pretty empty. I was on vacation and wanted a leisurely meal, not one that would be over in less than a half hour.

Pros: good falafel

Cons: sour cream on falafel

Return to Ocean City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Katina's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1619 times since Aug 2007.