Szechwan Garden

609-398-5456

503 9th St (at Central Ave), Ocean City, New Jersey, USA, 08226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian options including bean curd with mushroom, Mandarin style bean sprouts, mockmeats, kung pao tofu, and about a dozen others. To be sure, please ask kitchen to leave out non-vegetarian broths and sauces. Mostly take-out with few seats for dine-in.

Categories: Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by almondeyes

Best of Ocean City - Edit

We have been to OC many times and have tried a few restaurants. They are fine for lunch. This one is great for dinner.

They only have 2 vegan mockmeats, but they are good. The service is fast and kid-friendly. Most menus are not for vegan kids. They adjusted the kid menu for us. We told them we found them on Happy Cow and encouraged them to expand their mockmeat menu.

Other dishes were very yummy and they have brown rice.

Pros: Service, Food, Kid-friendly

Cons: Few mockmeat

Yummy - Edit

Was staying at Serendipity and needed some dinner before turning in. Inn keeper mentioned Szechwan Garden, so I went there. Had their mock chicken with veggies. Yeah, they do charge $1 for brown rice, which made me frown. But I was happy to find a place that was open til 9:30pm since every other area place had closed for the night. I was here in early April, so there were no tourists. During the regular touristy season, parking will be impossible to find. Don't remember what mine costed, but I remember it being pricier than other veggie friendly chinese places I've been to.

Pros: later hours than others, Friendly Service, colours/decorations

Cons: Parking hard to find, $1 for brown rice, $er than other likeplaces

Return to Ocean City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Szechwan Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.