Kabul House

847-674-3830

2424 Dempster, Evanston, Illinois, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Afghan cuisine. Meat heavy but also has a veggie platter, salads, and soups. Complimentary bread served with your meal. Nice, simple Afghan decor and white table cloth. Relocated from Skokie.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Afghan, Non-veg

First Review by MichaelLee

Seriously fantastic!!! - Edit

It takes a lot to get me excited about a restaurant or it’s food and yet today, Kabul House managed to do both.

I’m vegan, and there was no shortage of options. I ordered the vegetable qorma (sp?) at the very friendly and personable server’s recommendation and it was phenomenal. Seriously. If you do dairy, you’ll find additional options as some veggie dishes contain yogurt. Items aren’t labeled vegan, so you’ll have to ask (come to think of it, you should probably confirm that the qorma is vegan if it matters to you, as I made an educated assumption that it was).

Anyway, I can’t wait to go back to this place. I wish I was allowed to give it five stars but it does serve meat so I’m not allowed.

Pros: Fantastic food!, Fantastic service, if you appreciate a more leisur, Great ambiance, decor, etc.

Cons: My mom thought the service was a little slow, but

Great Food! - Edit

Very popular, often very busy. Really, very good eating!

Pros: Wonderful flavor, very fair pricing.

Cons: Can be busy at certain hours, Worth the wait.

Return to Evanston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kabul House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.