Just Vege

Contact +358-505446716

Vaasankatu 15, Helsinki, Finland, 00500

Take away vegetarian fast food restaurant in the Kallio area. Offers food like falafel in pita, hummus, veggie burgers, and fries. Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-2:00am, Sat 12:00pm-2:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Western, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by lenalashkova

Good food - Bad hygiene - Edit

Small restaurant for around 10 people. I was pleased with the food, but very unhappy with hygiene. There is no hygiene in this place. For example, the man who works food handles money, handles table cleaning, and handles food all with his hands without washing. The woman does the same, she picked up previous clients' food, threw it to the garbage, and then kept on making food with her hands. No gloves used. Also we got one fork and one knife that were very dirty. Also, the tables are not wiped after a client leaves. The staff (2) is not particularly friendly either, which probably stems from the fact that they're extremely busy and stressed. Also, vegan options are quite limited. Helsinki really needs a proper non fast-food, clean, à la carte 100% vegan restaurant, just like Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, Stockholm, Oslo, Warsaw, etc. have. If it was only about the food, I would probably come back, but due to bad hygiene I will not come back unless they improve in that area.

Pros: Good food but not amazing (fast food). Quick to se

Cons: Limited vegan options. Bad hygiene.

Very friendly, excellent fresh vegan food - Edit

I went on the midsummer weekend by accident when the nearby Soi Soi regular burger place (also on the same street) was closed & was extremely surprised - the staff & food completely exceeded my expectations here. I'll be back for sure & cannot recommend this place enough!

* Extremely welcoming, friendly, charming & funny staff which take a pride in their job
* Our food came in a timely manner despite big queues
* As a vegan there were only 1-2 items on the menu which I couldn't try
* Organic and/or locally sourced drinks & breads
* The hummus was amazing & the kebabs & burgers have plenty of fresh herbs
* Burgers & pita's are large, but fresh - not soggy or overfilled that you can't pick them up (frustratingly & surprisingly this I've found rare in Helsinki)
* Good sized portions with a decent amount of salad included
* Fries & sweet potatoes etc. are drained well before seasoning - nothing was oily

Pros: Fun service, Fresh food, Full pitas & burgers but which you can pickup

awesome veggie fast food - Edit

Had a seitan meal and burger here (vegan options for both). Really nice food, filling and fresh. Nice relaxed atmosphere and very friendly service. Loads of vegan choice and all veggie.

Late Dinner - Edit

Excellent fast food joint, great for a vegan burger. The burger seemed to be some kind of soy based one... with haloumi of other offerings. Came with a side salad and fries in a meal deal. It was massive and filling - and tasty! Next time would get the burger alone. Noticed many people were having sweet potato chips - must be popular.

Place had a funky yet local atmosphere, was busy around 9.30pm, some people queuing - good sign. Friendly staff to boot.

Pros: large portions, quick service, late opening

Cons: quite a small space

Vegan Burger - Edit

Just Vege offeres, among others, several vegan burger. First time, I was there I had a Falafel burger, quite good, but a bit expensive. But probably still okay for Finnish conditions.
During the StreatEatFestival in Helsinki I ate a vegan seitan shawarma, which was super super tasty, but also not the cheapest one.

They have really nice and friendly service. It is a cozy place.

Friendly but failed falafel - Edit

First time I had a falafel burger, which was a mistake. My companion with a pita bread thing was much happier with his choice. I went again and had the meze plate, which was good! Service was super super nice, lots of vegan options from a separate vegan menu and venue is alright even for eating there, outdoor seating at summer. Opening hours are not reliable though, last time I went they had closed 2 hours in advance!

Pros: Service!!! Fast, friendliest in town!, Separate vegan menu, Open late

Cons: Burger not good, Unreliable hours

Great food! - Edit

They were amazingly friendly! Since I´m allergic to tomato they did an especial salad for my falafel mexican burrito. They are really awesome and kind.
The lunch is great, I had the vege burger the last time and also the falafel burrito is great size and price!

Great Food - Edit

We liked the food, I took falafel in pita, it was very tasty. I liked the sauses in it. My husband took vege burger and he also liked it especially the spices. We also ordered fries. It was tasty. The prices are acceptable.

Pros: Tasty Food, Friendly Staff

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Just Vege closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3936 times since Feb 2014.