Jade Palace

402-293-8089

1702 Galvin Rd S, Bellevue, Nebraska, USA, 68005

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese and Korean food restaurant. Marks "v" to annotate vegan options throughout the menu, and has a section labeled "tofu, vegetarians & vegan."

Categories: Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by planthealth

Surprising Delight - Edit

I was a little worried when I first walked in and was seated. I asked about vegan options, and two of the servers didn't know what vegan meant. I quickly explained, "no meat, no eggs, no milk, just vegetables..." and they brightened up and pointed out a vegetarian/vegan section of the menu, with the vegan selections marked. There was plenty to choose from, and I went with the yellow curry tofu. They asked what kind of soup I wanted, but then realized that none of their soups were vegan, which was fine. I didn't need soup, and the curry that came out was enough for two meals! It came out really quickly, like in under 10 minutes, and I loved the flavor. I left happy and full :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Large Portions, Plenty of vegan options

Cons: Fuzzy on the vegan concept at first

Vegan Friendly-great food - Edit

Extensive menu which included not just Chinese but Malaysian, Korean and Indian dishes, too! Reason enough to come back, on their menu they actually list which dishes are-SHOCK-VEGAN, and they have a section that lists vegan dishes!! Not afraid to serve cruelty free dishes. Tofu proudly listed as an ingredient in several dishes, no need to ask for it as a meat substitute, but I did and ordered Broccoli Beef with Tofu instead of beef which my kids loved.On a second visit I ordered the Spicy Tofu bulgogi and it was WONDERFUL!!! My omnivore relative who tried a bite would not admit it, but my dish was even better than what he had ordered!
I cannot tell you if the food preparation was quick or not as the restaurant was not busy and I had such a wonderful chat with the delightful staff that I did not mind any wait I had.
The vegetables were cooked to perfection. The tofu was cooked well with a nice, crispy outside. Omnivore visitors with us have enjoyed their meals, too. Adults and teens were all pleased by the dishes.

A cozy restaurant with a comfortable decor, perfect for quiet meals. Adults and teens were all pleased by the dishes.
Great place for vegans to dine with omnivores. We’ll be back!

Pros: proud to serve vegan, vegan Korean hard to find, tastes great

Cons: fried rice can't be made w/o egg

Return to Bellevue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jade Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.